Your tag teams

So, as much as I love tag team wrestling, I have never really put the effort into developing tag teams in my games, I just stick with the 1's that exist. But, that has all changed now. I am playing the KYR-October mod as WWE, and just threw a tag match together on ECW to get some of the talent used, so I had 'Carnival Freak' SiNN Bowdee & Chris Hero, bit of a funky heel pairing, and turns out they have great chemistry. WooHoo!!!! So, my first tag team is born, The Super Freaks, and all of a sudden I have a whole plan for them and a real idea of the gimmick. Think Al Snow & Steve Blackman with a twist. I am loving building this team (although it is still only a mecanism to get them over enough for a singles run), and I am now searching for other teams to build up. So, what tag teams have you stumbled across in your games?

The three teams that have surprised me in my ROH game have been : Matt Cross & Shane Michaels (The Enterprise) Brent Albright & Ace Steel (The Outbreak) Brandon Thomaselli & Freak Nastty (as Frankie Thomaselli) Other than that, I've had some makeshift tag teams in dark matches that have had good chemistry - I can't remember everyone off hand, Low-Ki & Davey Richards was one.... Josh Abercrombie & Sexxxy Eddy was another... damn, I forget who else... anyways... I'm now babbling.... deal with it... babble babble babble

[QUOTE=Purple Cowboy;519886]Check here, some good stuff: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=35700[/url][/QUOTE] As the man says. I'm particularly fond of The Stunners and East & West from those threads - both teams comprised of people who would be lost in the shuffle otherwise but who've produced multiple high-rated matches over their time. Plus I love the airborne/power double-teams that Black Eagle and Brandon Smith (in the Stunners) make available and the sheer balls of a submission tag team in East & West, one of whom (Nichiren Amagawa) is right up there with the very best submission wrestlers worldwide. In a few years, when Black Eagle's age leads him to retire, I plan to give Brandon a thank-you singles run then pair him up with a high-flying youngster. By that stage Acid II should be ready to emerge from developmental...

Good chemistry and/or good experience can help a tag team tremendously. I always try to build up a strong tag division, though that's painfully difficult if you are a smaller promotion. It takes a long time and a lot of matches to get the experience up if you are starting from scratch or near-scratch.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;519968]Good chemistry and/or good experience can help a tag team tremendously. I always try to build up a strong tag division, though that's painfully difficult if you are a smaller promotion. It takes a long time and a lot of matches to get the experience up if you are starting from scratch or near-scratch.[/QUOTE] Lord yes. It's also, though, extremely worthwhile once you have the four or five A* experience teams that hold a division together.

The good chemistry on a tag team is a beautiful thing, too. I started up a new TCW game recently and signed a few new workers. The "Badd Kompany" combo of Joss Thompson and Sean Deeley that I use in SWF had good chemistry - they don't in my SWF game. And a throw-together of two guys I've never signed before, Jack Griffith and Jesse Christian, had great chemistry. I really want to run with that game now, even just for those two tag teams.

Archived