Low-Ki announces signing with the WWE

darthsiddus2

01/09/2009 by Bill Behrens

As we had reported in our coverage of the recent New Japan Tokyo Dome show, Low Ki was telling folk there he had signed with WWE. We noted then that he lived in Tampa and could show up in FCW, as he did last night.

The following is posted at http://www.low-ki.com

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT!

Associated Press: It is with great excitement that we announce "The World Warrior" LOW-KI has joined World Wrestling Entertainment! Speculation had been in circulation after he participated in a non televised match November 4, 2008. Nothing was confirmed or reported, since it was assumed that he was still contractually obligated to compete in New Japan Pro Wrestling and was the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion. After NJPW's "Wrestle Kingdom" events, contract negotiations begin for the new year. Terms apparently were not agreed upon and in his debut match, LOW-KI was victorious, putting away Florida Championship Wrestling's Trent Berretta with the "Warrior's Way". Words cannot describe the excitement we feel here and we would like to congratulate "The World Warrior" on his incredible success!

1st time I went to the site the post was not there, but I deleted cookies and tried again and there it was.

thoughts?

I have mixed feelings about this myself.

I'm a fan of Low Ki. He was one of the first wrestlers that got me back into wrestling a couple years ago. It will be interesting to see what he does in WWE. I know he worked for them a couple times in the past on Jakked jobbing. He'll definitely have to tone down his style though.

I'm somewhat sad though that I won't be seeing him in the indies or Japan anymore (well, for awhile or however long they decide to keep him). But I guess I'll look forward to see what they do with him.

:)

I'm cautiously excited as it does seem that his chances for success are better now in WWE then they have been for years. The likes of Punk and Bourne have done well, so hopefully it works out for him - quite apart from him having been a favourite of mine since 02/03 or thereabouts.

Big fan of things that are different, and Low-Ki has always struck me as a different kind of cat. The way he moves is just so 'I'm figuring out a way to kill you" that I completely buy him as a bad ass.

I say give him a Koslov push.

Unless the WWE is going with more of a shoot style, or he finds a bunch of talent that secretly like that styles, who in the WWE is going to want to take those kicks?

I say that not having seen Low Ki's stuff in years. Who knows, maybe he's learned to work since then.

Guest Ransik

There's only two ways this is gonna go; Really well.... or horribly wrong.

Firstly, don't even think for two seconds he's going to show up as Low-Ki when he finally gets to TV... no way he's going to resemble ANYTHING he did in RoH or TNA... cause that's a big no-no in WWE land.

He's gonna get a gimmick that makes or breaks him and due to his size compared to the rest of the roster... it's gonna have to be a good one.

I'm very skeptical... anyone who would be classified as a cruiserweight joining WWE is usually 90% career fatality.

well lately with cm punk, kofi kingston, mat sydal and brian kendrick the smaller ones are getting more of a break when they are not called rey mysterio. Still debut gimmick will be very important as well as how he debuts. Id say bring him in as a former enemy of cm punk or as a friend that helps him.

Guest Ransik

Very true, but WWE is in "steroid scandal" mode again like they were in the early 90s when guys like HBK and Bret were the smallest around and pushed to the moon because they didn't have needle holes in their butts. Hart admitted to doing steroids a handful of times but he never jacked himself up, only enough to get him back from injuries so he could get a paycheck.

Notice Punk won MITB about the time the Benoit scandal was hitting the fan and that doctor was letting the world know everyone in wrestling he prescribed to?

It's great the clean guys are getting pushes... but on the same hand... it sucks cause that's basically the only reason they are.

Archived