ECW Spoliers

MattitudeV2

Swagger isn't bad in my opinion. Too bad I won't be able to watch him win it as I have to dvr 2 other things and will be watching something else on the other TV.

Maybe just maybe the game will be at halftime when the main event is on.

they are making him seem like another Kurt Angle. I'm watching his match with Dreamer now and that's how i see it. if that were santioned by an athletic commision, Swagger would have points deducted for trash talking, pausing, and probably would have been disqualified at one point. but this is the WWE we're talking about.

I would've opted for Matt to win the Rumble, but they got so little build-up to do it now. Unless hopefully they pull a "dark horse" win with him which they really need to do sometime.

I haven't seen much of Swagger, but.. I hope this reign works out well. Thing is, he'll need a solid competitor or else I don't see an ECW title match occurring at Mania(that is unless he loses it again 'till then, and that would make another short ECW reign). Meh, even if they do get a solid match-up, it'd be the opening match or something.

How about this...

Hardy wins the Rumble. They do the whole teasing thing about which champ he'll face and he chooses Jeff. Wrestlemania. Brother vs Brother for the WWE Title.

Not sure I really like that idea. Didn't really care for the family divided by gold thing with Bret and Davey Boy and that would seem to be where this would have to go. What seems like it would be a more entertaining move would be for Jeff's misfortune over the last year to catch up with him. Between the fire and the worked spill down the stairs and the car wreck, jeff's dodged a lot of bullets lately. The next one gets him on the verge of a championship match. So someone needs to step up in Jeff's place. Enter Matt seeking to win the title in his brother's honor. Matt pulls the upset against Trips or whoever the dominant champ is. Meanwhile as Matt holds the belt, Jeff finds out who's been the cause of his on screen troubles (I'd guess Edge for sake of ease.) and deals with them. Then Matt fumbles the belt and Jeff can take his spot back.

The raw emotionality of Matt backing up his beleaguered brother could be a compelling title story arc. Plus since they have already played up the first brother tandem to be world champs simultaneously, it seems like the next step would be the first brothers to have both held the same world title. Pretty sure that's never happened at the marquee level either.

Not sure I really like that idea. Didn't really care for the family divided by gold thing with Bret and Davey Boy and that would seem to be where this would have to go.

I did, but since neither Matt nor Jeff could lace up the boots of either of those two (at the time), it doesn't have nearly the appeal.

Archived