Ken Shamrock vs. Bobby Lashley March 21

shigakai

Hasn't Shamrock lost his last several fights? Unless I'm out of touch, this looks like a marketing ploy designed to give Lashley an easy win.

Really, Shamrock should just come back to WWE. It's been ten years, but I bet he could still manage a decent level of performance.

Close, 45.

I agree with what was said earlier. Looks like a match that will make Bobby look good (unless he doesn't win).

I smell a Cinderella man-esque story evolving here with Shamrock.

A man who was once great, is now down on his luck. Now facing the next big thing. (No pun intended towards Mr. Black Lesnar) In a match he is supposed to lose.

I smell an Emmy if Ken pulls out the upset.

This is retarded booking. Lashley is going to run a train on Ken. Ken should go fight Tank first, while he's still got a W on his record - it won't last long if he fights Lashley. Ken is 45. There won't be any revival in his career fighting a guy like Lashley.

I actually think Lashley, like Lesnar, has a future in MMA. Lashley is a smart guy, training with one of the best teams in American MMA right now. Not just smart, he's a physically talented guy.

Just a horrible move on Ken's part unless he KOs him, which I seriously doubt.

Actually, I'll take the 'retarded' booking comment back. From a booker's stand point, this makes a lot of sense.

/nod. Lashley beats Shamrock, Lashley becomes a legit threat in most people's eye's (Casual veiwer's that don't really follow MMA in a big way).

The only problem I have with it... is if Shamrock wins/upsets the whole thing. Lashley then has to be rebuilt, and this could take quite a bit of time.

The good is... Shamrock then gets back into the headlines for another big match that could prove to be very successful (money/PPV wise).

Booking, I guess is a win/win. The only problem I have is the possibility that is real, of Lashley losing. I know he's talented, I've seen him fight.. Kind of looks like Lesnar. Just hope if he has a loss, that he is able to rebound the same way Lesnar did.

/nod. Lashley beats Shamrock, Lashley becomes a legit threat in most people's eye's (Casual veiwer's that don't really follow MMA in a big way).

Not really. Did Robert Berry become a threat? No, no one cares about Ken anymore. He can't sell anything, but if he's on free tv or stream more people will watch than normal. This doesn't really do much for eithers career, but the good thing for Lashley is we'll see if he can take a hit if Ken throws a bit. As I said, the one thing I'm concerned with is his chin... for some reason I just get the feeling it's a bit suspect.

Guest JJReid
I smell a Cinderella man-esque story evolving here with Shamrock.

A man who was once great, is now down on his luck. Now facing the next big thing. (No pun intended towards Mr. Black Lesnar) In a match he is supposed to lose.

I smell an Emmy if Ken pulls out the upset.

ITS CALLED AN OSCAR :mad:

Lashley is taking the wrong path fighting someone like Ken Shamrock.....Shamrock is wayyyyyy past his prime and if Lashley wins he will still be seen as phony people will say "Come on he beat 45 year old Ken Shamrock". Lashley should be put against no one GREAT yet but he shouldn't be put against Ken Shamrock....Lashley Vs Ben Rothwell would prob be a better match-up.

Archived