I am playing as XCC and we are in January 2012

1. Rupert Dreck [XCC] (34-2) - Currently holds the XCC Light Heavyweight Title. He has not lost since 2001 and holds a 26 match winning streak. Also was 2011 Fighrer of the year.

2. Jonathan Huang [XCC] (22-3) - Currently holds the XCC Middleweight Title and has sucessfully defended it 7 times during this reign. He has had three reigns and had 6 defences in those reigns. Currently on an 11 fight winning streak.

3. George Pendegarst [Alpha-1] (24-6) - Currently A1's HW champion and just beat former p4p #1 Kanezane Fujii twice in a row.

4. Murilo Satinho [XCC] (27-1) - Currently XCC's HW Champion enjoying a 10 fight win streak. He has successfully defended his title 7 times with his only loss coming to Sylvester collins.

5. Josh Aldarisio [GAMMA] (25-6) - Currently holds the GAMMA Weltweight Title by TKO'ing Jack Humphreys. He has also held the XCC Welterweight title twice.

6. Flex Mattherson Jr. [XCC] (12-2) - THe current XCC Welterweight Champion dehtroned fromer champion Rich Robinson his last time out. He is on a five fight winning streak.

7. Li-Kong Ho [XCC] (48-4) - He is the current XCC Lightweight Champion and he is holding it for the third time. He also was the last FW champion and between those two titles he has made 16 defenses. Currently on a 4 fight winning streak after losing the title to Michinaga Oshima.

8. Sammi Chan [Alpha-1] (25-8) - The Current LW Champion for A1 and on an 8 fight winning streak. held the GAMMA title until he left the promotion.

9. Nuno Valentino [unemployed] (25-2) - The featherweight is unemployed and is on 10 fight winning streak, He held the KDM FC FW title until he left the promotion. I am currently trying to bring him in for the LW Title in XCC

10. Rich Robinson [XCC] (23-3) - Just lost his welterweight Title to Mattherson. He was on an 8 fight winning streak beating the who's who like Xie Ming, Aldarisio, Curbeam, da Guia, Mattherson Jr., Jankovic, Arteta and Maruyama.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now in May 2003:

1. Lubos Plasil (17-0)

2. Hassan Fezzik (36-0)

3. Heji Endo (20-3)

4. Jonathan Huang (10-0)

5. Josh Aldarisio (9-0)

6. Tamasada Yamada (29-3)

7. Buddy Garner (21-2)

8. Kunimichi Kikuchi (38-8)

9. Fiyero lermontov (17-2)

10. Julio Regueiro (23-1-1)

Plasil beat Li Dong-Ho twice, after Li-Dong Ho moved up from Featherweight to defeat Lermontov, Lermontov then moved to Welterweight, defeated Reguiero, but lost to Aldarisio(Split Decision) in his first title Defense.

Huang beat garner for the MW Title, but then got suspended for drugs, Garner now is the Interim Champ, and they likely go for a rermatch soon.

Fezzik has beaten Hughes, Foster, Fuji and Kikuchi, his next Defense will be against Ivanov.

Endo beat Yamada for the LHW title.

Now in October 2007:

1. Lefter Oktay (28-5)

2. Fiyero Lermontov (24-3)

3. Sho Kitabatake (18-3)

4. Sukarno (16-4)

5. Nicolai Mickiewicz (34-6)

6. Bill Brown (16-2)

7. Hassan Fezzik (43-2)

8. Jin Katou (32-6)

9. Kenneth Topspew (26-8)

10. Petey Mack (29-8)

there is really no challenge from regenerated fighters, all oldies are still way better then them. Lermontov moved to Welter, and is dominating the Divison, next up will be a Defense against Topspew. Fezzik just recently lost his 2nd career fight to Oktay, he lost to Kikuchi before, but got revenge just 1 year later. Kikuchi now retired, and Fuji and Ivanov are in line to challenge Oktay.

Bill Brown just won the MW Title from Jack Humphreys for his first crown, while Kitabatake actually lost his title to Katou, who faces Mickiewicz next, with Kitabatake in line to get a shot to reclaim the LHW title.

Unbeaten fighters from 2003 got under lots of pressure, Plasil is on a losing streak having now lost 5 in total and 3 in a row, to Ho, Milissis and Curbeam.

Huang is now at 14-3, and lost the MW title after 3 defenses to Garner in their 3rd match, he then lost to Mack and Humphreys.

Aldariso is 14-3, he couldn't defend the Welter Title, and lost to Reguiero twice, and once to Lermontov, all 3 fights being title fights.

I really feel like I've finally gotten the perfect top 10 for myself right now- a 100% Champion in each division and the top contender in each. This is just for GAMMA, not the world. In July 2005 I have:

#1: Buddy Garner. 29-0, 100% (Middleweight)

#2: Mike Watson. 22-0, 100% (Light Heavyweight)

#3: Lubos Plasil. 21-0, 100% (Lightweight)

#4: Aleksander Ivanov. 18-0, 100% (Heavyweight)

#5: Julio Regueiro. 26-1-1, 100% (Welterweight)

#6: Neil Napier. 25-3, 94% (MW)

#7: Tadamasa Yamada. 32-3, 94% (LHW)

#8: Li-Kong Ho. 31-1, 93% (LW)

#9: Kenneth Toadspew. 25-4, 90% (WW)

#10: Wilson Franklyn. 13-3-1, 89% (HW)

On an interesting side note, I did have a title-winning regen already.

"Mac Daddy" Bryan Bull (who sadly was one of the few people I never had become Mac Danzig's daddy), a regen of Geoff Cahill, took the Middleweight Title off Petey Mack and defended against JJ Reid before I got Buddy Garner back from ALPHA-1.

• 6 months later...

Nearly a year and a half into my game using an edited Tap Or Snap mod database (started in Nov 2009, now Mar 2011);

Top 10 Pound For Pound Fighters

1. Georges St. Pierre (24 - 2)

XMMA (5 - 0)

Current XMMA World Welterweight Champion (171lbs - 190lbs).

Def. Shields, Koscheck, Fitch, Sanchez and Alves by TKO in last 5 fights.

2. Fedor Emelianenko (33 - 1)

XMMA (4 - 0)

Current XMMA World Heavyweight Champion (231lbs - 275lbs).

Def. Lesnar x2, Couture and Velasquez in XMMA career.

3. Jon Fitch (23 - 4)

XMMA (5 - 1)

Current XMMA World Welterweight No.1 Contender.

Def. Koscheck, Condit and Daley since losing to St. Pierre at XMMA 7.

4. Miguel Torres (41 - 2)

XMMA (4 - 0)

Current XMMA World Lightweight Champion (151lbs - 170lbs).

2009 Submission Of The Year Award Winner (vs Brown)

Def. Garcia, Brown, Aldo and Fabiano by SUB in last 4 fights.

5. Shane Carwin (15 - 0)

XMMA (4 - 0)

Current XMMA World Heavyweight No.1 Contender.

Def. Barnett, Werdum, Overeem and Rothwell to become no.1 cont. for Emelianenko.

6. Lyoto Machida (19 - 0)

XMMA (3 - 0)

Current XMMA World Cruiserweight Champion (211lbs - 230lbs).

2009 Knock Out Of The Year Award Winner (vs Jackson)

Def. Jackson, Rua and Wanderlei in XMMA career.

7. Demian Maia (14 - 1)

XMMA (3 - 0)

Current XMMA World Middleweight Champion (191lbs - 210lbs).

Def. Belfort, Marquardt and Mousasi by SUB in last 3 fights.

8. Shinya Aoki (26 - 4 - 1)

DREAM (10 - 2 - 1)

Def. Firmino, Nakamura, Kawajiri and Ishida by SUB in last 4 fights.

9. Mauricio Rua (20 - 5)

XMMA (2 - 1)

Def. Evans and Cote either side of defeat to Machida.

10. Rich Franklin (29 - 5)

XMMA (4 - 0)

Current XMMA World Middleweight No.1 Contender.

Def. Bisping, Sobral, Cote and Henderson to become no.1 cont. for Maia.

August 2003 in my FTW game..

1. Fiyero Lermontov (20-1)

Current FTW Welterweight Champion and Former FTW Lightweight Champion; only lose to Li-Kong Ho before moving up to the Welterweight division - only two-weight Champion in FTW History...

2. Hassan Fezzik (35-0)

Current FTW Heavyweight Champion and Former ALPHA-1 Heavyweight Champion; defeated Eien Kawano in his FTW debut to become Champion...

3. Julio Regueiro (23-0-1)

Current ALPHA-1 Welterweight Champion and Former GAMMA Welterweight Champion; has wins over pretty much every Welterweight not in FTW...

4. Diego Arteta (12-1)

Former FTW Welterweight Champion; lost his title to Josh Aldarisio at FTW 34 avenged that loss at FTW 50 - sending Aldarisio out of FTW in the process...

5. William Harrison (12-0)

Current FTW Light Heavyweight Champion; worrying dominant over a strong division, with wins over LeToussier, Hughes and Watson in recent defences...

6. Buddy Garner (24-1)

Current FTW Middleweight Champion; only loss came to Esteban Vega in his final ALPHA-1 appearance - but defeated the fast rising Middleweight Champion Jonathon Huang to get his career back on track...

7. Aleksander Ivanov (15-2)

Former FTW Heavyweight Champion; lost his title to Eien Kawano at FTW 37 and reached the Final of the 2003 Heavyweight Grand Prix to lose to Kawano for the title again...

8. Eien Kawano (16-1)

Former FTW Heavyweight Champion and 2003 Heavyweight Grand Prix Winner; only defeat came to Hassan Fezzik at FTW 50 - otherwise dominant...

9. Tadamasa Yamada (29-3)

Two-Time and Current ALPHA-1 Light Heavyweight Champion; two defeats at the hands of Jin Katou...

10. Jonathan Huang (8-1)

Former FTW Middleweight Champion; his meteoric rise to the top of the division, where he walked over Neil Napier at FTW 43 was stopped by Buddy Garner at FTW 46...

so despite being number two behind ALPHA-1 - we have 8 men in the top 10 P4P and they have 2...

having much fun with this game..

My Dawn of mma game as of September 2002:

1. Matt Hughes 15-0 current UFC Welterweight champ

2. Fedor Emelianenko 12-1 current UFC Heavyweight Champ

3. Josh Barnett 16-2 former 2x UFC Heavyweight champ and 1 Pride HW title

4. Kevin Valentine 8-0 600pounder

5. Sakuraba 16-5 current UFC Middleweight champ

6. Tito Ortiz 15-3 former 2x UFC Lightheavyweight champ

7. Vitor Belfort 18-5 current UFC Lightheavyweight champ

8. Pedro Rizzo 14-5 former UFC Heavyweight Champ

9. Kiyoshi Tamura 15-2 former KOTC Middleweight champ

10. Rampage Jackson 9-2 Former UFC LHW Champ

From my EMERALD game in January of 2002:

1. Hassan Fezzik (30-0, GAMMA Heavyweight Champion)

No surprise here, as Fezzik continues to be the most dominant fighter in the CornellVerse. He held the ALPHA-1 Heavyweight Title until January of 2001, when he left the company to join GAMMA. In March of that year, his first GAMMA fight saw him defeat Raul Hughes via UD to claim the GAMMA Heavyweight Title, which he continues to hold. A superfight with James Foster, who's riding a six-fight win streak since dropping his title to Hughes in February of 1999, may be on tap for 2002.

2. Li-Kong Ho (24-0)

The Little Dragon appears all but unstoppable in the lower weightclasses at the dawning of 2002. After tearing through the Featherweight divisions in both KDM-FC and SIGMA (including a decisive submission victory over Philip Ziskie in a FOTYC in July 2000), Ho opted to step up to Lightweight, joining EMERALD in the summer of 2001. Concurrently, he left the Tai Sheng Men Society to join the most respected fight team in the world, Top Team Japan. In his first EMERALD fight, Ho needed only four minutes to submit the previously unbeaten Atep, and he appears now to have his sights set on the EMERALD Lightweight Title.

3. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (13-0, EMERALD Lightweight Champion)

If anyone can present an obstacle to Li-Kong Ho, it may be the Malaysian "Savage" Datuk Ong Ka Ting. The two undefeated fighters appear to be on course for an epic collision in 2002. Joining EMERALD at the start of 2000, Datuk won his first four fights with the promotion in the Welterweight division. He was quick to accept, however, in October of 2001 when he was offered a shot at the lightweight title held by Rafael Tavares. Datuk's size and strength overwhelmed the smaller Tavares, and the fight was stopped in the Malaysian's favor early in the second round. Whether Datuk will be able to similarly manhandle a fighter the caliber of Ho is a question on the minds of many MMA fans at the beginning of 2002.

4. Hyun-Shik Lim (14-0, EMERALD Light Heavyweight Champion)

When EMERALD was formed in January of 1999, Hyun-Shik Lim was one of the first fighters signed by the fledgling promotion. Lim fought for both EMERALD and SIGMA through the middle of 2000, when he left the European promotion to concentrate his career in Japan. EMERALD's early confidence in Lim was rewarded when he won a tournament to become the promotion's first Light Heavyweight Champion in May of 1999 and was listed as Blurcat's Fighter of the Year for 1999. He hasn't looked back, defending the belt six times through the end of 2001. No light heavyweight has yet been able to withstand Lim's ferocious striking assaults. But EMERALD spent much of 2001 pursuing elite light heavyweight talent from around the world, and with fighters the caliber of Zvonimir Asanovic, Sho Kitabatake and Anthony LeToussier having recently joined the promotion--along with the rise of home-grown talents Jiroeman Hasegawa and Peter Faber, 2002 offers the prospect of several intriguing challengers for Lim's title.

5. Jim Carpenter (59-9-2, EMERALD Welterweight Champion)

Having aged like a fine wine, the veteran Jim Carpenter enters 2002 as the consensus top welterweight fighter in the CornellVerse. After undefeated runs in SIGMA in 1999-2000 and GAMMA in 2000-2001, Carpenter joined EMERALD in the summer of 2001, easily submitting Alan Kendall in his debut. He was quickly offered a title shot in a division that appeared fairly shallow after Datuk's move to lightweight. Carpenter took full advantage, defeating the previously unbeatable Heikichi Shimizu in December in a performance that earned him Submission of the Year honors for 2001. Carpenter also took home Blurcat's Fighter of the Year award for 2001. Kafu Bunya and the newly signed Noach Van Der Capellen are considered by many to be among the top contenders for Carpenter in 2002 as the ageless wonder looks to write yet another chapter in an already storied career.

6. Neil Napier (22-1)

GAMMA middleweight Neil Napier enters 2002 on the back of a six-fight win streak and appears set to challenge for Matthew Dean's GAMMA Middleweight Title at some point in the coming year. The lone loss of Napier's career came in the summer of 1999 via submission to JJ Reid, but since that setback Napier has cut a path of destruction through the GAMMA Middleweight division, holding wins over Osmosis Benn, Adam White, Stuart Strange (x2) and Buddy Garner. With Reid having left the promotion, Dean appears to be the lone challenge left on the horizon for Napier in 2002.

7. Heiji Endo (18-1)

Heiji Endo may not be the most exciting fighter to watch, but he has ground out decision wins against many of the best middleweights in the world. He held the ALPHA-1 Middleweight Title until defecting from that promotion in May of 2001 to join EMERALD. Since his arrival in EMERALD, Endo holds victories against Rob Baines (via submission) and JJ Reid (via UD). As 2002 dawns, he appears to be in position for a title fight with EMERALD Middleweight Champion Petey Mack, a man over whom he already holds an ALPHA-1 victory.

8. Tomoji Takaoka (8-0)

Sumo star Tomoji Takaoka was considered by many to be the reason that EMERALD formed a Heavyweight Division in the fall of 1999. Since that time, he has earned seven consecutive TKO victories in the promotion (along with one victory in the now-defunct BCF in 2000). Having joined Top Team Japan at around the same time he signed for EMERALD, Takaoka has added dramatically improved footwork, conditioning, and striking as well as a range of submissions to his naturally massive size and power, thereby making himself into one of the most difficult fighters in the CornellVerse to face. Already a legend in Japan, Takaoka enters 2002 with his eye on the EMERALD Heavyweight Title, currently held by another undefeated physical freak, Sylvester Collins. A clash between those two monstrous titans has already been scheduled for EMERALD's first PPV of the year.

9. Fiyero Lermontov (15-0)

The Russian dynamo Fiyero Lermontov has yet to be stopped in his career, having had successful runs in both SIGMA and GAMMA. He capped off an epic 2000 by submitting Sean Morrison for the GAMMA Lightweight Title in December and earning Fighter of the Year honors. Disappointingly, however, although fully healthy Lermontov did not fight at all in 2001 as his relationship with GAMMA management deteriorated badly. This disagreement culminated in Lermontov leaving GAMMA in December of 2001 to restart his career in Japan with EMERALD--adding another piece to the deepest and most talented lightweight division in the CornellVerse. A fighter of Lermontov's ability and reputation is not likely to ever be far from title contention, but it is likely that he'll have to prove himself to the Japanese fans before EMERALD management will want to offer him a championship opportunity. Top level lightweight contenders (including Lubos Plasil, Atep, Tomohiro Takeuchi, and Helio) abound in EMERALD, however, so there will likely be no shortage of interesting fights for Lermontov to pursue while Datuk and Ho vie for the title.

10. Jin Katou (22-1, GAMMA Light Heavyweight Champion)

Jin Katou accomplished the remarkable feat of winning both the ALPHA-1 and GAMMA Light Heavyweight Titles in 2001 by earning a TKO victory over the formerly unbeaten Mike Watson in GAMMA in October. He had previously TKO-ed Dragon's Lair teammate Tadamasa Yamada in August of 1999 to win the ALPHA-1 belt, defending it twice before suffering a knockout loss to Niko Soldo in January 2001. Katou left Japan that fall after receiving a massive contract offer and guaranteed title shot from GAMMA, whose light heavyweight ranks had been depleted by the losses of Asanovic and LeToussier to EMERALD. Alekos Karabatsos, Kendall Tracey, Ken Peters and Ricky Heath look to be the top contenders for Katou in 2002, although Watson, who remains by far the biggest name in the division, may be given a shot to avenge his loss fairly quickly.

As of November 2013

1. Spencer Rubenstein (21-5, Current GAMMA Light Heavyweight Champ)

2. Esteban Vega (24-6, Former GAMMA Welterweight Champ, Current ALPHA-1 Middleweight Champ)

3. Randy Goodridge (22-2, Former LOCC Heavyweight Champ, Former GAMMA Heavyweight Champ)

4. Hyun-Shik Lim (30-7, Former GAMMA Light Heavyweight Champ)

5. Manuel Silva (23-9, Current GAMMA Welterweight Champ)

6. Kanezane Fujii (26-6, Current GAMMA Heavyweight Champ [3rd reign])

7. Rich Robinson (27-6, Current ALPHA-1 Welterweight Champ [2nd reign])

8. Alberto Romano (30-10, Current ALPHA-1 Heavyweight Champ)

9. Harry Kipp (20-1, Former CCC Heavyweight Champ)

10. Carl Chenoweth (18-3, Current GAMMA Featherweight Champ)

January 2002

1. Sean Morrison (GAMMA) (32-3)

2. Neil Napier (GAMMA) (21-0)

3. Tadamasa Yamada (ALPHA-1) (27-1)

4. James Foster (ALPHA-1) (38-5-1)

5. Sukarno (ALPHA-1) (10-0)

6. Grzegorz Boniek (ALPHA-1) (41-4)

7. Jin Katou (ALPHA-1) (24-2)

8. Li-Kong Ho (Unemployed) (24-0)

9. Lubos Plasil (ALPHA-1) (12-0)

10. Rav Kapur (ALPHA-1) (13-1)

I'm at work right now, so I don't have my game to bring up my top 10 p4p.

But I'm over 2 years in, with SIGMA. #1 rank, High level Int.

I signed Fezzik and Foster n have given them a few fights to build up to their superfight. Just had Fezzik challenge my undefeated champion Ivanov who pretty much ran through every one, including Oktay, but figured, it's Fezzik.

Hassan dominated him and then suddenly in the 4th round, Ivanov took his back and caught him with a rear naked choke. I was stunned.

I'll be back later to put up my top 10, just wanted to respond to whether or not anyone has seen Fezzik lose. I have, he's at 29-1. He's not even outta his prime and Ivanov is like 24 yrs old. He's gonna be an absolute monster.

Since I posted my 2002 top 10 a while ago, I figured I'd post an update after a year of game time. In January of 2003:

1. Sylvester Collins (13-0, EMERALD Heavyweight Champion)

It's hard to imagine a more physically dominating fighter than Sylvester Collins. "The Big Show" has simply overpowered everyone he's stepped into the ring with. Frighteningly, however, Collins is much more than just a massive powerhouse. After several years of training with American Cage Fighters, the big Canadian has developed an extremely effective ground game, including an array of submissions that have won him several fights. Additionally, he's refined his footwork and striking to better take advantage of his massively powerful fists. He stands as the first and only EMERALD Heavyweight Champion, having won the belt in July of 2000 with a quick TKO victory over Jutaro Honma and defended it four times--twice each in 2001 and 2002. Collins shot to the top of the pound for pound rankings after soundly defeating two previously unbeaten fighters in 2002. In January he knocked out Tomoji Takaoka (then 8-0) and in July he dominated Aleksander Ivanov (then 11-0) for two rounds before finishing the fight via TKO early in the third. Several challengers remain on the horizon for Collins in EMERALD, including Lefter Oktay (23-1) and Terron Cabal (19-3), but many feel that the only heavyweight alive who could truly challenge Collins' dominance is the immortal Hassan Fezzik. With Fezzik currenly fighting in America, however, a superfight between perhaps the two best fighters in the CornellVerse will have to remain no more than a dream for the foreseeable future.

2. Hassan Fezzik (33-0, GAMMA Heavyweight Champion)

The great Hassan Fezzik stayed true to form in 2002, easily earning first round TKO victories over all three of his opponents to retain the GAMMA Heavyweight Title. He was leapfrogged by Sylvester Collins in the pound for pound rankings, however, due to the lesser caliber of his 2002 opposition. Probably Fezzik's best win of the year came in January against a game but overmatched Duke Aiona. Thereafter, GAMMA matchmaker Jerezo oddly chose to match Fezzik against two fighters over whom he already held a total of three wins--an over the hill Kunimichi Kikuchi and a well past his prime Raul Hughes--neither of whom provided him with any challenge whatsoever. MMA fans around the CornellVerse have for years dreamed of seeing Fezzik fight James Foster, and with both fighters currently in GAMMA and both at the top of their games and riding lengthy winning streaks, it's unclear what GAMMA management is waiting for. Surely, this marquee matchup must be on tap for 2003.

3. Jonathan Huang (9-0)

Ranking the youngster Jonathan Huang this high is sure to be seen by some as controversial, but Huang has made a legitimate case for himself as the greatest ground fighter in the CornellVerse. His jiu jistu skills are surely supreme and must be seen to be believed, but since coming to MMA Huang has opened eyes by displaying a more than adequate stand up game as well. Huang credits his time at the Wudang Academy with helping him develop striking skills that have allowed him to survive on his feet against several high level opponents. Impressively, Huang has won several fights at middleweight, submitting such naturally larger and stronger opponents as Kadonomaro Deguchi and the dangerous veteran Zaco. Easily his most impressive win, however, and the fight that shot him toward the top of the pound for pound rankings, was his dominating submission victory over decorated judo master Heikichi Shimizu in December of 2002. Huang comprehensively outstruck Shimizu on his feet and easily outmaneuvered him on the ground en route to an early second round submission victory. Huang, Blurcat's Fighter of the Year in 2002, has clearly positioned himself as a top contender in EMERALD in both the Middleweight and Welterweight divisions, so his possibilities for the upcoming year remain wide open. Both EMERALD Middleweight Champion Petey Mack and EMERALD Welterweight Champion Jim Carpenter will have to be looking over their shoulders in the coming months.

4. Zvonimir Asanovic (22-1, EMERALD Light Heavyweight Champion)

Zvonimir Asanovic made it clear in 2002 that he is the best light heavyweight fighter in the CornellVerse. Having left GAMMA to join EMERALD in fall of 2001 while still holding the GAMMA Light Heavyweight belt, Asanovic moved quickly to prove that he was the best light heavyweight in Asia as well as in the US, submitting the previously unbeaten Hyun-Shik Lim in February of 2002. He cemented his status at the top of the rankings in September by knocking out ALPHA-1 icon Tadamasa Yamada in under two minutes in Yamada's first fight in EMERALD. Several intriguing matchups remain for Asanovic over the course of the coming year in EMERALD, including fast rising Jiroeman Hasegawa (10-0), the surprising Rupert Dreck (12-1) and new arrival John Rivero (23-4), who spent the last two years establishing himself as the most dominant light heavyweight fighter in Europe .

5. Jiroeman Hasegawa (10-0)

One of the fastest rising fighters in the CornellVerse, Jiroeman Hasegawa quickly won over Japanese fans with his businesslike approach to the sport and devastatingly effective ground game and now boasts a massive following in his homeland. It's clear even at his young age that few light heavyweights can match up with Hasegawa's work ethic and his physical and mental strength. Through intense training, the Saitama native has quickly added elite level striking skills to his naturally dominating wrestling and jiu jitsu abilities, turning himself into a well-rounded and extremely dangerous fighter. All ten of Hasegawa's wins have come in an EMERALD ring, and only one man, William Harrison, has been able to survive into the second round. In 2002, Hasegawa earned first round submission victories over the red hot Jerry Bogdonovich, dangerous veteran Aleksei Checkhov, and previously unbeaten Peter Faber--setting himself up as the number one contender to Zvonimir Asanovic's Light Heavyweight Title. Hasegawa is also the only man to have defeated Rupert Dreck, currently Blurcat's number three ranked light heavyweight fighter. MMA fans around the CornellVerse are salivating at the prospect of an Asanovic-Hasegawa fight--a matchup between two of the hardest working and best conditioned athletes in the history of the sport.

6. Jim Carpenter (61-9-2, EMERALD Welterweight Champion)

Unbelievably, Jim Carpenter remains one of the best fighters in the CornellVerse in 2003 at the age of 38. Two wins in 2002 raised his professional win total to an astonishing 61 career victories. He submitted former EMERALD Welterweight Champion Procopio Golias in June and earned a TKO over Noach Van Der Capellen in December. At the start of 2003, Carpenter remains a technically superior all around fighter with no weaknesses to his game, and he shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Several threats to Carpenter's Welterweight Title do, however, remain on the horizon--perhaps chief among them being Jonathan Huang. Newly signed welterweight David Allen, who holds GAMMA wins against Darin Blood, Carlos da Guia, and Julio Regueiro as part of his current six fight win streak, is also likely to factor into the EMERALD title situation in the very near future.

7. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (15-0, EMERALD Lightweight Champion)

What Sylvester Collins is to the EMERALD Heavyweight division, Datuk Ong Ka Ting is to the lighter weight classes. In a word, Datuk is dominant. Even elite level lightweights appear to be helpless against the Malaysian's unbelievable strength and relentless cardio. In 2002, Datuk staked his claim to the title of best lightweight in the CornellVerse by decisively beating Blurcat's second and third ranked lightweight fighters--and he may be on one of the greatest runs in MMA history at any weight class. In April, in a highly anticipated fight, Datuk submitted a man considered by many to be the most dangerous submission artist in the world, previously undefeated Li-Kong Ho. He followed that performance with a fourth round TKO victory over the then unbeaten Fiyero Lermontov in October. Next up for Datuk in 2003 will probably be either Bud Brockett (30-4) or Lubos Plasil (18-1).

8. Tomoji Takaoka (10-1)

Tomoji Takaoka rebounded from a knockout loss to Sylvester Collins in January of 2002 by walking through his next two opponents, Souleymane Ya Konan and Rav Kapur, to reclaim his spot in the pound for pound top ten. He's already made it clear that he wants a rematch with Collins, but if and when EMERALD management will grant that request remains to be seen. Meanwhile, Takaoka has been hard at work continuing to improve his cardio, which appeared to let him down in the loss to Collins. His massive size, strength and wrestling ability continue to mean that Takaoka is an extremely difficult fighter to face, particularly for smaller heavyweights like Lefter Oktay and Terron Cabal, who are also near the top of of the EMERALD rankings. Rumors of a 2003 fight with Aleksander Ivanov have recently begun to pick up steam.

9. James Foster (40-5-1)

GAMMA Heavyweight icon James Foster enters 2003 on the back of an eight fight win streak in which he's defeated every other top heavyweight in the promotion save one--the champion Hassan Fezzik. In March of 2002, Foster avenged the loss that cost him his title by submitting Raul Hughes in the second round. He also earned a decision win in October against Kunimichi Kikuchi. Probably the most impressive win of the streak, however, came in July of 2001 when he earned a first round TKO over the ever-dangerous Jeff Carlton. At 35 years of age, Foster's skills remain strong. It seems only a matter of time before he's given the opportunity to regain the GAMMA Heavyweight Title and fulfill the wishes of every MMA fan who's ever dreamed of seeing the two most famous fighters in MMA face off.

10. Petey Mack (23-3, EMERALD Middleweight Champion)

2002 was a banner year for EMERALD Middleweight Champion Petey Mack. The Strike Force camp member defended his title twice, earning a quick TKO victory over Ashley Ballard in March and a hard fought submission over Heiji Endo in August. That second victory, which came after nearly 49 minutes of grueling action, was particularly satisfying for the Canadian fighter, as it avenged the only loss he had suffered in the past four years. After his 2000 loss to Endo, Mack stated publicly that he planned on refocusing himself on becoming an elite ground fighter, and his 2002 performances demonstrated just how far he's come in that regard. Possessing extremely dangerous strikes and submissions, Mack is truly a nightmare for any opponent on the ground. Even more frighteningly, his focus on the ground game has not cost Mack his elite level stand up skills--"The Mack Attack" is a threat from any position. Several intriguing possibilities exist for Mack in the coming year. A title fight with Jonathan Huang would surely be a huge draw if it were to take place in 2003, but two other fast rising middleweight youngsters, Bill Brown and Adam White, may also soon be major factors in the EMERALD Middleweight Title picture.

February 2003 GAMMA

1. Julio Regueiro (23-0-1, 16-0 GAMMA) (Welterweight Champ)

2. Tim Boyer (28-4-2, 20-3 GAMMA) (Heavyweight Champ)

3. Li-Kong Ho (31-0, 11-0 GAMMA) (Lightweight Champ)

4. Matthew Dean (41-6, 15-2 GAMMA) (Middleweight Champ)

5. Hyun-Shik Lim (14-0, 6-0 GAMMA)

6.Anthony LeToussier (21-4, 17-3 GAMMA) (Light Heavyweight Champ)

7. Datuk On Ka Ting (19-0, 1-0 GAMMA)

8. Fiyero Lermontov (18-1, 6-1 GAMMA)

9. Sylvester Colllins (14-1, 10-1 GAMMA)

10. Buddy Garner (20-2, 15-2 GAMMA)

Typing this, I realize James Foster or Hassan Fezzik are not in my

top 10...Fezzik lost to Foster after two GAMMA wins and then Boyer upset Foster...

Jan 2002 - C-verse

1. Katou LHW 24-0

2. Reguiero WW 19-0-1

3. Fezzik HW 30-0

4. Lermontov LW 16-0

5. Franklyn (lol) HW 11-0

6. Dean MW 36-5

7. Foster HW 37-5-1

8. Aldarisio WW 8-1

9. Harrison LHW 10-0

10. Oktay HW 19-1

GAMMA owns all of them, except Franklyn (XCC) and Oktay (SIGMA). I play as XCC and, for some reason, am the top promotion regardless of not owning those fighters. Apparently, heavyweights reign supreme.

February 2012

Promotion (Strikeforce):

1. Andre Galvao 9-1 (6-0 SF) you just wtf'd

2. BJ Penn 17-5-1 (1-0)

3. GSP (23-2) (yet to fight in SF)

4. Fedor Emelianenko 35-1 (5-0 SF)

5. Vitor Belfort 24-8 (1-0 SF)

6. Anderson Silva 27-4 (yet to fight in SF)

7. Urijah Faber 27-2 (1-0 SF)

8. Demian Maia 15-1 (3-0 SF)

9. Lyoto Machida 18-1 (0-1 SF)! lost to Jon Jones my current champ

10. Jon Fitch 22-4 (0-1 SF)- got submitted by Galvao in 3 minutes.

World:

1. Fedor Emelianenko

2. Urijah Faber

3. Anderson Silva

4. BJ Penn

5. Andre Galvao

6. GSP

7. Vitor Belfort

8. Demian Maia

9. Brian Bowles

10. Gesias Calvancante

June, 2001

World

1. Hassan Fezzik, 31-0

2. Tadamasa Yamada, 27-0

3. Li-Kong Ho, 22-0

4. Carlos da Guia, 17-0

5. Julio Regueiro, 20-0-1

6. James Foster, 37-4-1

7. Fiyero Lermontov, 15-0

8. Lefter Oktay, 19-0

9. Kunimichi Kikuchi, 36-5

10. Aleksander Ivanov, 10-0

GAMMA (my org)

1. Hassan Fezzik, 31-0 (1-0)

2. Li-Kong Ho, 22-0 (2-0)

3. Julio Regueiro, 20-0-1 (13-0)

4. James Foster, 37-4-1 (20-2)

5. Fiyero Lermontov, 15-0 (3-0)

6. Lefter Oktay, 19-0 (1-0)

7. Aleksander Ivanov, 10-0 (4-0)

8. Matthew Dean, 35-5 (9-1)

9. Gyokusho Fujimoto, 8-0

10. Adam White, 11-0 (6-0)

Now its June 2004 in my FTW game..

1. Hassan Fezzik (37-0)

The Former ALPHA-1 Heavyweight and Current FTW Heavyweight Champion, with recent wins over Rav Kapur and twice over Eien Kawano.. Set to fight Jin Katou in FTW's Japanese debut in just 3 weeks..

2. Li-Kong Ho (27-1)

The Current 2-time FTW Lightweight Champion has recently come out on top of a 3-fight series with Sean Morrison, which saw Ho overcome his defeat with 2 resounding victories to reclaim and defend his title... He will defend in a rematch against Sukarno in August after defeating him back in 2002...

3. Julio Reguerio (24-0-1)

Former GAMMA Welterweight and ALPHA-1 Welterweight Champion, is now the Current FTW Welterweight Champion after forcing Diego Arteta to submit in April... He will make his first defence against Gabriel Gallego in September...

4. Fiyero Lermontov (21-2)

Former FTW Lightweight and FTW Welterweight Champion, who lost the latter to Diego Arteta in November... Returned in May with victory over Jack Humphreys and is looking for the road back to his title and a shot at Reguerio...

5. Philip Ziskie (22-1)

The current FTW Featherweight Champion has long since overcome his shock defeat to Ang Dong in April 2002, by going on a tear throughout the division to capture and defend the Featherweight Title... His next challenge will be Atep of Indonesia, a man who he submitted in 4 rounds in December...

6. Zvonimir Asanovic (24-2)

Former GAMMA Light Heavyweight and Current FTW Light Heavyweight Champion, recently defeated the previously undefeated and dominant William Harrison in May to capture the title..

7. Gabriel Gallego (27-3)

Gallego has battled his way into the title picture in the FTW Welterweight Division, with a recent win over Darin Blood in January to confirm a title shot in September...

8. Diego Arteta (13-2)

The Former 2-time FTW Welterweight Champion recently lost his title to Julio Reguerio in April... Arteta will look to return to the top and has victories over Lermontov, Aldarisio and Humphreys in 2003...

9. Buddy Garner (25-2)

Former FTW Middleweight Champion, lost his title to Neil Napier in December but bounced back with victory over Fernando Amaro in May... he also holds wins over Jonathan Huang and Matthew Dean in his time with FTW...

10. Rav Kapur (18-2)

The Former FTW Heavyweight Champion recently failed to regain his title when he lost to current Champion Hassan Fezzik in February... Kapur had a good showing and rocked the champion early, but was forced into submission in round 3.. He will return in August to take on Tim Boyer...

all 10 of the Worldwide Pound for Pound work for FTW... FTW are the World #1 (Mid Level International) after both ALPHA-1 (High Level National) and GAMMA (Mid Level National) have both fallen from their previous best...

<p>My Top 10 P4P</p><p> </p><p>

I am using the Dawn of MMA Database, slightly modified (I had Brock Lesnar come into MMA right after he turned 19). Currently in September 2001</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>1. Brock Lesnar (15-1) - UFC Heavyweight Champion</strong></p><p>

- Brock is the two time Heavyweight Champion. His only loss came at the hands of Fedor (which he avenged later). He has beaten Fedor, Renzo, Barnett (2), Couture and Rutten. #1 Contender is Minotaro</p><p>

<strong>2. Matt Hughes (15-0) - UFC Lightweight Champion</strong></p><p>

- Just a beast in the Lightweight Division (170 and down). He has been mauling the competition. He won the belt beating Frank Shamrock and has had 10 defenses. No clear cut #1, but he has beat Royler Gracie, Carlos Netwon, Matt Serra, Sean Sherk</p><p>

3. Frank Shamrock (20-1) - UFC Middleweight Champion</p><p>

4. Fedor Emelianenko (7-1)</p><p>

5. Dan Henderson (13-3)</p><p>

6. Royce Gracie (17-5-1)</p><p>

7. Matt Lindland (12-3)</p><p>

8. Josh Barnett (14-5)</p><p>

9. Ken Shamrock (22-10-1)</p><p>

10. Earl Hughes</p>

World: April 2001

1. Hassan Fezik 29-0

2. Matthew Dean 37-5

3. Carlos Da Guia 18-0

4. Tadamasa Yamada 27-1

5. Lubos Plasil 12-0

6. Mike Watson 14-0

7. Hiro Arai 13-0

8. James Foster 38-5-1

9. Julio Regueiro 18-0-1

10. Mugur Boc 11-0

SIGMA (My promotion).

1. Lubos Plasil 12-0

2. Mugur Boc 11-0

3. Terron Cabal 17-1

4. Li-Kong Ho 23-1

5. Alex Cole 16-0

6. Aleksei Chekov 24-3

7. Thorbjorn Rekdal 18-2

8. Murillo Santinho 5-0

9. Armen Sarkisian 15-2

10. Bambang Sriyanto 26-7-2

This is my current rankings in week one in March 2002. Its a personal edited edition of the database with imported stuff from several different mods. Im dominating as Sigma.

Male:

1. Hassan Fezzik(33-0) Newly Crowded Sigma Heavyweight Champ

2. Hyun-Shik Lim(11-1) Sigma LH Champ. 2 Title defenses.

3. Calvin Foster(19-0-1) Sigma

4. Carlos Da Guia(22-0) Former Alpha-1 champ. Just joined Sigma.

5. Tadamasa Yamada(26-1) Alpha-1 LH Champ. 9 title defenses

6. Buddy Garner(21-1) Sigma Middleweight Champ.

7. Lefter Oktay(19-1) Former Heavyweight Champ in Sigma

8. Stuart Strange(18-1) Sigma

9. Zvonimir Asanovic(21-1) Former Gamma Champ. Now in Sigma

10. Sean Morrison(32-4) Current Sigma and Former Gamma Lightweight Champion.

Female:

1. Lydia Osegunda(10-0)

2. Sabrina Osegunda(10-1)

3. Layla Holmes(11-0)

4. Trish Biel(12-1)

5. Mizuki Watanabe(17-1)

6. Sayoko Ebisawa(18-2)

7. Leslie Myers(7-0)

8. Karen Curtis(14-1)

9. Sarah Vaughan(17-2)

10. Cassidy Monroe(8-0)

And here's the rankings from my modern warriors game. Again i've made small tweaks to the database. I'm playing as Strikeforce

Male:

1. Urijah Faber(25-2) WEC

2. Georges St. Pierre(20-2) UFC Welterweight Champ

3. Ryan Bader(13-0) UFC - Beat Cane, Franklin and Hamill in 2010

4. Lyoto Machida(16-0) UFC Light Heavyweight Champ.

5. Mario Mirinda(13-0) Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champ. Defeated Gegard Mousasi and Shogun in 2010

6. BJ Penn(17-5-1) Strikeforce just stole the UFC Champ. Victim list of 2010: Sanchez, Lauzon and Guida

7. Rashad Evans(15-1-1)UFC - Beat Forrest Griffin and his best mate Keith Jardine. Will edit their relationship before future games.

8. Nate Marquardt(31-8-2) UFC - Defeated Akiyama and Quarry in 2010

9. Shinya Aoki(25-4) Strikeforce Lightweight Champion. Beat Kawajiri in Dream before moving to strikeforce where he beat Melendez and Christian Uflacker

10. Antonio Carvalho(15-4) Strikeforce Bantamweight Champion and winner of the 2010 Strikeforce Bantamweight tournament. Recorded 5 wins in 2010 againts Yahir Reyes, Shinichi Kojima, Hiroyuki Takaya, Cub Swanson and Jeff Curran. Candidate for fighter of the year.

This is in my GAMMA game, March of 2009

1. Zvonimir Asanovic (30-4)-Current 2 Time Light Heavyweight Champion and quickly running out of challengers.

2. Tomoji Takaoka (10-0)-The most surprising, The Hulk has been mowing over every one in the Heavyweight division as he is the current GAMMA Heavyweight Champion.

3. Darin Blood (25-5)-Current GAMMA Welterweight Champion and just successful defended his belt in his home state of Hawaii against Tarcisio Dantas.

4. Li-Kong Ho (34-2)-Number one contender for the GAMMA Lightweight belt. Will be facing champion Lamant Banner very soon.

5. Bill Brown (20-2)-The only non-GAMMA fighter on the P4P rankings. He won the GAMMA Middleweight title from Buddy Garner but jumped ship right after win. He is now the current ALPHA-1 Middleweight Champion.

6. Osmosis Benn (17-4)-Osmosis and Marlon John will compete for the vacant GAMMA Middleweight Championship very soon.

7. Kanezane Fujii (20-3)-Fujii wants another go at the title with his recent win over Aleksander Ivanov.

8. Hiro Arai (23-7)-Solid win over former champ Terron Cabal. Looks to be a 2 Time Heavyweight Champion.

9. Philip Ziskie (31-4)-In a huge upset, Ziskie lost the GAMMA Lightweight Championship to Lamant Banner.

10. Hassan Fezzik (42-5)-Finally putting together a recent winning streak to become number one contender to the Heavyweight title. He lost the fight against Tomoji Takaoka via first round submission. Retirement or superfight with Mike Watson is all that seems left for the formly invinceable Hassan Fezzik.

My World P4P in my Default Database Game (May 2001)

#1 - Hassan Fezzik (30-0) (Most recent victory was a Unanimous 48-47 Decision victory over James Foster)

#2 - Tadamasa Yamada (26-1) (Has beaten Jin Katou twice, and Roberto Aldez)

#3 - Niel Napier (20-0) (Notable victories over Buddy Garner, Matthew Dean, Maarten De Vries and Roberto Aldez)

#4 - Carlos De Guia (18-0) (Defeated Miyagi twice and Claudio Palacios)

#5 - Julio Regueiro (18-1-2) (Seems to be benefitting from moving down to Lightweight after a Draw and a loss to Darin Blood, and has recorded a victory over the previously unbeaten Li Kong-Ho)

#6 - Philip Zizkie (16-0) (Unbeaten, but hardly facing challenging opponents)

#7 - Jin Katou (23-2) (Two losses against Yamada, but recently KOed Linfield Ballard in his GAMMA debut)

#8 - James Foster (36-6-1) (Beaten by Fezzik, and TKOed in 2 minutes by Raul Hughes. Only narrowly defeated Gunnar Nillsson. Only real positive to take is his victory over then GAMMA Heavyweight champ Jeff Carlton)

#9 - Anthony LeTouisser (17-4) (Has lost to Mike Watson, but has surprised, being a 2 time Light Heavyweight Champion after wins over Watson and Asanovic.

#10 - Kafa Bunya (14-0) (Not faced elite competition, only defeated Jack Humphreys via a controversial Split Decision)

GAMMA top 10 P4P

#1 Niel Napier

#2 Hassan Fezzik

#3 Julio Regueiro

#4 Jin Katou

#5 James Foster

#6 Anthony LeToussier

#7 Kafu Bunya

#8 Li-Kong Ho (23-1) (Loss against Regueiro has dented his reputation, but he has recorded victories over Sukarno, Sean Morrison and Bud Brockett)

#9 Rav Kapur (12-0) (On somewhat of a retiring streak, as The Beast of Birmingham has sent both Norbert Vinkus and Raul Hughes into retirement)

#10 Buddy Garner (18-1) (Only recorded one loss against Napier, but hasnt faced many other upper-tier fighters, best being Maarten DeVries)

I'm playing as XCC, and I'm in May of 2003. So, as of right now, here are my Top Pound For Pound fighters(XCC and World, Male and Female):

Pound For Pound XCC(Male)

1. Lito Alacala (8-0, 8-0 XCC)

2. Fiyero Lermontov (17-1, 5-1 XCC)

3. Phillip Ziskie (19-1, 11-1 XCC)

4. Lars Bohlin (56-9-1, 6-3 XCC)

5. Darin Blood (20-5, 5-2 XCC)

6. Tarcisio Dantas (15-2, 0-0 XCC)

7. Franceso Marazzina (29-7, 0-0 XCC)

8. Helio (27-4, 0-0 XCC)

9. Li-Kong Ho (26-1, 3-1 XCC)

10. Dominykas Jankovic (19-3, 0-0 XCC)

Pound For Pound XCC(Female)

1. Mizuki Watanabe (17-2, 5-2 XCC)

2. Trish Biel (14-2, 11-2 XCC)

3. Layla Holmes (14-3, 10-3 XCC)

4. Clare Peyton (11-3, 11-3 XCC)

5. Laura Adair (11-2, 1-2 XCC)

6. Thea Higgins (12-2, 9-2 XCC)

7. Karen Curtis (15-4, 10-3 XCC)

8. Romi Takahashi (14-3, 2-1 XCC)

9. Sarah Vaughan (16-4, 1-1 XCC)

10. Pamelo O'Neill (13-5, 6-2 XCC)

Top Pound For Pound Fighters in the World

1. Kunimichi Kikuchi, Alpha-1 (39-6)

2. Julio Regueiro, GAMMA (21-0-1)

3. Aleksander Ivanov, GAMMA (11-0)

4. Hyun-Shik Lim, GAMMA (14-0)

5. Tadamasa Yamada, GAMMA (29-2)

6. Lito Alcala, XCC (8-0)

7. Neil Napier, GAMMA (24-1)

8. Petey Mack, GAMMA (21-3)

9. Roderick Dodd, Unemployed (6-0)

10. Lubos Plasil, GAMMA (19-0)

It should be worth noting that I imported the Fresh Start Complete data into the default data, so that explains the character of Roderick Dodd. How he moved into #9 after only 6 fights, ALL on the independant circuit, I'll never know. But, there ya go.

Also, to note, is I am the only promotion running right now that showcases women's MMA outside of YING YANG. So, the female PFP for the world is the same as the XCC rankings. Yup, I'm that damn good with the ladies. :p

Archived