Is there any hope in 21CW?

Hi, ive tried twice now to tread water with 21CW but as both reading these forums and own experience, thats quite hard... No actually ive found it impossible. Reached the end of February twice and well yeah, just cant put on any good TV shows. Maybe its a matter of patience but that runs out quickly when you are in a downward spiral.

But i want to try again, 21CW have caught my attention. Its sports entertainment in a place where no sports entertainment should ever go.

So well, i need advice. And apart from asking who i should push, i have no real idea what to ask. But if anyone had a short guide on how to at least stay cult, heck, maybe even thrive (not that its very likely), i would be grateful.

Also, from poking around in the editor i notice there is a dojo in UK, would it be any use to edit it so it starts open or wont it create workers until 2026?

-Waghlon

Guest FuerzaForce

The thing with 21CW is, they have ideas way above their station. By that I mean, the company's popularity is way above that of the roster. So you'll always fall a bit until you meet in the middle, which usually involves falling to Regional for a while. Other than bringing in really over wrestlers, which may or may not be an option, there's little else you can do until you weather the storm.

Some tips though:

- Use Nova in angles. He's your biggest asset, as he has really high popularity and decent entertainment skills. He doesn't have to wrestle, just appear in angles. Maybe have him set up an opposition to The Takeover, and have him cut promos on them.

- Get rid of the crap, like Nightmare, who have neither skill nor popularity. Nightmare in particular is utterly useless (I have had marginal success with Faust as his manager, but not enough to qualify him as a worthwhile talent).

- All your tag teams suck. Just... don't even bother. Seriously. The only team with any notable experience (The Ivanoff Brothers) are terrible in the ring for anything other than an opening-level feud. And they pretty much *have* to have that feud with the Elimination Agents, who REALLY suck. So... best not to bother.

Danny Patterson is a must sign. You can use his high menace to skyrocket him to the top. Also don't let Nova just sit on the side lines. Make him get in the ring. I have had him Main Event for 3 years and he has never complained. His fueds with Patterson and Thompson kept me from falling to regional.

Also, sign the Gauge boys as soon as they are available. They are one of the few US talents that will work in the UK.

The thing with 21CW is, they have ideas way above their station. By that I mean, the company's popularity is way above that of the roster. So you'll always fall a bit until you meet in the middle, which usually involves falling to Regional for a while. Other than bringing in really over wrestlers, which may or may not be an option, there's little else you can do until you weather the storm.

Some tips though:

- Use Nova in angles. He's your biggest asset, as he has really high popularity and decent entertainment skills. He doesn't have to wrestle, just appear in angles. Maybe have him set up an opposition to The Takeover, and have him cut promos on them.

- Get rid of the crap, like Nightmare, who have neither skill nor popularity. Nightmare in particular is utterly useless (I have had marginal success with Faust as his manager, but not enough to qualify him as a worthwhile talent).

- All your tag teams suck. Just... don't even bother. Seriously. The only team with any notable experience (The Ivanoff Brothers) are terrible in the ring for anything other than an opening-level feud. And they pretty much *have* to have that feud with the Elimination Agents, who REALLY suck. So... best not to bother.

No offense, but that part is pretty awful, nay terrible, advice. Not only is Nightmare not useless, but in 21CW he's capable of gaining popularity faster than damn near anyone else on the roster. Why?

A Menace. A frikkin' A.

What this means, is if you focus anything revolving around Nightmare on his Menace, he should see a quick boost in popularity. My advice would be to stick him with someone relatively over with good microphone skills, and have angles where said manager just hypes Nightmare up (with Nightmare set as the subject of the angle, on-screen, rated on Menace.) I promise, he'll gain pop (and microphone skills!). After he's built up (and he will be if you abuse his Menace like any good Sports Entertainment company should), you can have a couple of the more talented folks go over him (while still building Nightmare on his Menace as much as you can.)

And in Sports Entertainment, pop matters alot more than actual talent.

But Nightmare is hands down one of the last workers I'd cut from the roster. I've managed to build overness on my roster as a whole by using guys like Boris Kiriyakin, Bam Bam Johansson, and Bigger Dan Ewe as the foundation. Nightmare can do the same. Follow my advice correctly, and guys like Nightmare will give you some of your highest rated angles, and rapidly gain overness that the UK is devoid of.

As a general rule, abuse whatever you can with a worker. If a guy has high entertainment skills, focus what he does on that. Menacing? Use it. High sex appeal? Wet T-shirt contest. Good in the ring? Match them up with someone else that's good in the ring!

But do NOT fire Nightmare for a person who's better in the ring. Maybe if this was ROF, but it's not.

Some tips though:

Though I'd go over the advice that is actually worth a little merit :D (I'm a dick, I know)

1. Completely right. USE Jeff Nova. Hell, force him into the ring on rare occaisons. Nothing in the rule book that says you can't, and it'll produce extremely highly rated matches simply due to his overwhelming Overness, which in turn should build whoever loses to him's Overness simply for being in such a good match. If you can, I'd even consider focusing your shows around him. Have him in a couple angles a show at the least. I used Professor Nero like this in the 1997 mod, worked wonders.

2. I wouldn't completely forget the tag division, but don't expect any amazing results from it early. But the sooner you start booking your tag teams, the sooner they'll have the experience to put on better matches. Tag Divisions at anything lower than National are usually a project that'll require patience. You might want to consider using your dark matches as a worry free place to build your teams' experience levels. Just don't try and put anything resembling heavy focus on tag matches early on... they'll likely flop.

As someone else pointed out, I'd look into Danny Patterson. He's over (well, by UK standards!), somewhat talented and has what, Regis? Yup, A* Menace.

To expand on my Menace rant... yeah, bring in a couple of guys. Obviously don't fill your roster with big hulking brutes with no talent (only I'm that crazy), but well... you'll be surprised by what could happen if you had Nightmare and Ryan Death both looking Menacing in some sort of bizarre strong man contest while Jeff Nova judges the thing. It's not like I got Bam Bam Johansson, Marat Khoklov, and Louis Figo Manico massively over by doing the exact same thing. Except I did :)

The same thought I had when i read the advice about getting rid of Nightmare, Comradebot. Menace is a very underrated skill, and it can really help a guy get over in an entertainment fed. Like Sex Appeal, Menace is a skill that even by itself is immensely useful. A worker could offer nothing else but a good Menace skill and they would be useful to an extent.

1. Completely right. USE Jeff Nova. Hell, force him into the ring on rare occaisons. Nothing in the rule book that says you can't, and it'll produce extremely highly rated matches simply due to his overwhelming Overness, which in turn should build whoever loses to him's Overness simply for being in such a good match. If you can, I'd even consider focusing your shows around him. Have him in a couple angles a show at the least. I used Professor Nero like this in the 1997 mod, worked wonders.

It does not only have to be rare occasions. In 3 years, he has had over 120 matches. Have him Main Event every show in the beginning.

1. Without any editing 21CW its near impossible for 21CW to go National and above, the importance of UK is way to low and as worse as Australia.

2. You start with only Nova having hi-overness. Exploit him in angles and matches.

3. Menace Angles work well in developing overness, keep Nightmare for said purposes and hirer other workers with hi-menace, entertainment and sex appea to be use for such anglesl. Hey its Sports Entertainment

4. Odds are you fall to Regional but dont worry use Nova to build the overness of your MEs

1. Without any editing 21CW its near impossible for 21CW to go National and above, the importance of UK is way to low and as worse as Australia.

I did the math awhile back... and it is slightly easier to get to National in the UK than it is in Australia. I believe you have to run A shows to get there, if my math is right.

In Australia, I think you seriously have to hit A*ish shows, maybe high As. That 70% in New Zealand is a death sentence for that lofty goal. The more I think about it, the more I think Ryland should've atleast bumped the UK up a notch. 80% would call I think for B+ shows on a consistent basis, and that's somewhat doable.

A though? Ouch.

In the long run, yes of course. A lot of people offered several good suggestions and I can second the Nightmare keep, he has got A menace as Comrabebot pointed out. He's pure gold in an entertainment promotion. If I'd play 21CW I would hire Danny Patterson and other monsters with high menace. :p

In the long run, yes of course. A lot of people offered several good suggestions and I can second the Nightmare keep, he has got A menace as Comrabebot pointed out. He's pure gold in an entertainment promotion. If I'd play 21CW I would hire Danny Patterson and other monsters with high menace. :p

Say it with me... Ryan Death.

C'mon, I've been tempted to start a 21CW game just to prove I COULD push "Crush 'Em" to the moon. He's the British Boris Kiriyakin! Not to mention his name seems to lend itself well to a Grim Reaper like gimmick.

I did the math awhile back... and it is slightly easier to get to National in the UK than it is in Australia. I believe you have to run A shows to get there, if my math is right.

In Australia, I think you seriously have to hit A*ish shows, maybe high As. That 70% in New Zealand is a death sentence for that lofty goal. The more I think about it, the more I think Ryland should've atleast bumped the UK up a notch. 80% would call I think for B+ shows on a consistent basis, and that's somewhat doable.

A though? Ouch.

You need A* events Comradebot to have a chance to reach National and hi-A to maintain. Even an A will lower your populariy once you reach 86.0. Odds are you wont make it without editing :D You need guys with B popularity to at least get an A match in a SE fed

You need A* events Comradebot to have a chance to reach National and hi-A to maintain. Even an A will lower your populariy once you reach 86.0. Odds are you wont make it without editing :D You need guys with B popularity to at least get an A match in a SE fed

Yep, you're right. Just did the math again.

Bugger... gonna be rough to get to National with EWA! But, easier than in the UK.

Unless, of course, I edit the default database to not suck for the UK :cool:

And like Self, I feel inspired. Though I am considering starting my own SE company in England instead.

Based around Ryan Death and Bad News Bruno, of course.

First of all, thanks for the advice and such. So i started a new game with the Grand Avatar in freestyle, some (slight) editing in giving UK more importance.

Starts by advance booking Nova and Faust for the next TV show, instant C heat.

So the show itself, Ivanoff Brothers versus Elimination Agents. 2 out of 4 improve on their performance skills, okay. Sure, E rated match but all beginning is hard.

Then an E+ Dark match between Adam Matravers and Nate "You must be jobbed" Manchester.

Then the actual show. First a bodyguard/menace angle with Nightmare: C-: Yes please. Challenge angle by Jeff Nova: B. YES PLEASE!. Then a E+ match... And then we hype Nightmare for a solid E. And then the Nova versus Faust match (Nova of course winning): C-. And to top it off, i had forgot that i had a last match. It was a D- so that was okay i suppose...

So overall show rating: D. Thats better than D- or E+. Is it good enough? I doubt it.

During the next week i failed to sign Danny Patterson. Seriously, 6000 per appearance? And then failed to sign Bam Bam due to him being impatient and me failing to offer 10% of the merchandise sales.

Advance booked Nova versus an A* momentum Joss Thompson for a C+ heat.

So second TV show: Lather rinse repeat, a tag team match dark match and someone beating up Nate Manchester. For beating up purposes he's cool i guess.

Two Nightmare angles with menace, three Nova angles. 1 Main Event and 1 one other match. Too much angle actually.

Jeff Nova hit 3 B+ angles. Nightmare hit D and C+. The Main Event was also a brisk C+ event.

Overall show rating: C

So conclusion after long drawn post: 21CW can actually be saved!

Hmmm, this thread has opened my eyes to the menace importance factor.

Which is odd because my favorite worker, Murderous Mikey has A menace but I never use it...

I guess the issue is that there aren't a lot of "menace" angles by default. It's usually just overness and entertainment, but it sounds like tonight I need to edit in a few "bodyguard looks menacing" type angles.

Also, LAWL at the "strong men staring eachother down in the ring". I take it you can have 2, 3, or 4 bikini... I mean "Strong Men" competitions at a time :D

1) Sign Melanie Florence. Get her working as a backstage interviewer and commentator. She has insane entertainment skills for the uk and just needs overness. Once she gets a bit over she'll be able to carry angles and help get others over (I've noticed the fastest way to get a personality over is to have them on commentary)

2) Sign Nick Adams as a road agent

3) Move Steamroller into an on air position. He's not a good road agent and has good overness along with a bit of overness to help angles. Stoat and Nightmare both have pretty poor entertainment skills and need help.

4) Wait for O'curle to get a bit more over with ROF and then steal him. He'solid skills wise and will carry ROF past you if you don't get him away from them.

5) Sign characters to have fun with. You'll likely never hit national so just enjoy the ride. The Minor Annoyance screams hours of booking fun ;)

1) Sign Melanie Florence. Get her working as a backstage interviewer and commentator. She has insane entertainment skills for the uk and just needs overness. Once she gets a bit over she'll be able to carry angles and help get others over (I've noticed the fastest way to get a personality over is to have them on commentary)

Unfortunately for me, Melanie's popularity tops out at an E. Although I have used Larry Wood on commentary since his retirement. Evertime his popularity starts getting to high, I use him to put over some of my up and comers.

If you are looking for 21CW to be a National or Global Corp, it cannot be saved.

If your goal is to have fun with the promotion, it is possible depending on your attention span. Finally, consider yourself saved

The promotion will survive and rarely goes bankrupt by itself:D

Archived