Raw and SmackDown don't run for 2 hours.

I'm just going to throw this out there because I've seen alot of you describe your booking methods and I always noticed a glaring error in real life mods.

Everyone should remember that if you're playing a real life mod or something it's not actually realistic (despite every mod will be preset like this) to have your shows like RAW run for 2 hours.

The WWE creative team only actually come up with 90 minutes of stuff and the rest is filled in by commercials and stuff. If you ever get a....completely legal :rolleyes:download of SmackDown or RAW without the commercials it's usually only 1 hour 30 minutes...or in the case of last weeks SmackDown 1 hour 25 minutes.

I'm sure most of you don't even care but it's worth it for those who do, right?

If you have your show set as 1 hour 30 minutes you can make a show which resembles RAW alot better. Not like 900 segments. Ive got it down to 8.

You do realise that things happen during the adverts though right? The fans in the arena don't just sit and wait patiently, as the wrestlers freeze in position, for the cameras to come back on. TEW '04 had advert time factored in, but it was all a bit awkward and now you can just imagine that time being taken during matches and the like.

I'm just going to throw this out there because I've seen alot of you describe your booking methods and I always noticed a glaring error in real life mods.

Everyone should remember that if you're playing a real life mod or something it's not actually realistic (despite every mod will be preset like this) to have your shows like RAW run for 2 hours.

The WWE creative team only actually come up with 90 minutes of stuff and the rest is filled in by commercials and stuff. If you ever get a....completely legal :rolleyes:download of SmackDown or RAW without the commercials it's usually only 1 hour 30 minutes...or in the case of last weeks SmackDown 1 hour 25 minutes.

I'm sure most of you don't even care but it's worth it for those who do, right?

If you have your show set as 1 hour 30 minutes you can make a show which resembles RAW alot better. Not like 900 segments. Ive got it down to 8.

lol thats what i said to myself when i bought 07

As stated above, commercials are built in, and the action does not freeze while they cut away. And if you really want to get technical about it, it would be 88 minutes (I believe it's 8 minutes of commercials per half hour), so even 90 minutes is not entirely accurately. But that's splitting hairs.

More importantly...

How do you manage to fit 892 segments in a half hour?

You do realise that things happen during the adverts though right? The fans in the arena don't just sit and wait patiently, as the wrestlers freeze in position, for the cameras to come back on. TEW '04 had advert time factored in, but it was all a bit awkward and now you can just imagine that time being taken during matches and the like.

Actually. last time I went to a Smackdown taping it was exactly as you just decribed, albeit it was in 2000.

Go to a site that displays/lists match and segment lengths (as is often done for PPVs). Add up those times. I'm sure you'll find that total is significantly longer than 90 minutes. Besides, what does it matter, unless you're playing TEW to replicate exactly what goes on in reality? Get your match notes from the last 18 months of RAW, Smackdown, and ECW and only put those matches on when they occurred. That's what this pedantic display is advocating.

I don't think anyone who has played this game longer than a month actually has trouble putting on 2 hours worth of shows with that promotion. When in doubt, use the people who are often ignored (or left out because there's not enough time).

Archived