Candice is finally gone, along with Snuka

GatorBait19

In the unlikely event Candice needs work, I'd be happy to acquire her services.

Story Mode! I never thought much of Candice until a couple of weeks before I went to my first WWE house show, a couple of years back. She had been using some Beyonce-ish music, typical to most WWE divas up to that point, then all of a sudden changed it to a dance remix. I LOVE that entrance music. A lot of internet sites said it was bad, but I thought it was great. High tempo. Happy. Different. I became an instant Candice mark, and I am right now Youtubing to find that song.

Anyway, when I went to the aforementioned house show, she was part of some Diva-Dance off. Layla was the better dancer, but Candice pulled out the old pour-bottles-of-water-over-my-white-t-shirt trick and the victory was hers. As she gyrated in celebration to her awesome theme music, I glanced around at the crowd, at the 10 & 11 year old cousins I had brought to the show, at the similarly young boy sitting on the other side of me, at that child's mother, and it struck me just how ridiculously innaporpriate it all was.

Ashamed, I sat down, stopped marking out to the music, used my over-priced WWE magazine to cover my hard-on, and thought of Margret Thatcher until I didn't feel quite so dirty.

The End.

I agree with you on Candice's music... it suited her skankiness perfectly and actually did make her slightly more interesting than the rest of the ladies on the roster. Sadly, that was about all she had to seperate her from the rest and so I won't be mourning her loss on anyone's screens any time soon. Didn't even know what brand she was on til I looked her up a moment ago. :)

I agree with you on Candice's music... it suited her skankiness perfectly and actually did make her slightly more interesting than the rest of the ladies on the roster. Sadly, that was about all she had to seperate her from the rest and so I won't be mourning her loss on anyone's screens any time soon. Didn't even know what brand she was on til I looked her up a moment ago. :)

Yeah, which is sad; she's perfect for shooting t-shirts! :p

Seriously though, it's always sad to hear about anyone losing their job. On the other hand, her in-ring work just stood out as being horrid. I mean REALLY stood out as being horrid, and I'm just under the impression that she has no clue how bad she really is.

Two "matches" spring to mind with her. She was in a diva battle royal, and at one point she avoids elimination, and while on the apron she begins doing her gyrating 360 dance, for no rhyme or reason. While that happened, she was eliminated. Also, her first match back from injury was some diva 6-way tag, and it was a rare pre-taped Raw, so the match was heavily edited. But there was a video of parts of that match floating around the internet by a fan who attended the event live, and at one point she was trying to do what I believe was her attempt at chain wrestling Beth Phoenix. I say try because it looked so bad, you weren't even sure what she was trying to do.

Is she completely useless in wrestling? I can see her as an eye candy valet, but if she wants to get back in the ring, I REALLY hope she makes at least a modest attempt to improve her in-ring skills. She obviously works hard to stay in shape, so if she can practice her in-ring skills regularly, maybe we'll see a comeback.

Just to pre empt what ya get with any WWE release please TNA do not I repeat do not sign Candice.

I wouldn't say that. TNA worked wonders with Christy Hemme. TNA got her additional bookings with promotions who had people capable of training a worker in the local style. Sure, she's no Melissa but then neither is anyone else on their roster. I think if Candice went to Japan and spent some time with SENDAI and Meiko or Ice Ribbon and Emi (and let's not even mention Ibuki and Mariko Yoshida) and she'd come back capable of matching up with SHIMMER's best.

Problem is, she can make enough of a living with the low impact manager/diva role that doing the above is pretty much out of the question. I mean, Meiko is notoriously stiff and Candice is notoriously brittle. Bad combination.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Candice. When she debuted, she was the hottest woman in the company, without question. Even Torrie f'n Wilson paled in comparison. I even marked out a little for her when she won the title (that was mostly because she actually did a half-way decent job of acting excited about it). But her most recent comeback left me a bit flat, so I'm a little meh-ish about her release.

Well lets re iterate don't bring her in yet or as a knockout if you want to use her use her as eye candy altough they have enough of those or train her like Hemme so she can be usefull in the ring. So fair points Remianen but based on her current skill set/overness I think it won't be worth it. Much rather they focus on the ones the E lets go with in ring talent like they did with Varon.

Around when she was women's champion, she was quite improving. she started putting effort in her matches and tried to make the best of her, hence them subsequently pushing her towards the belt. but after that, the injuries came one after the other, and.. the momentum just went crashing down. boy, oh boy.

She's never been one of my favorites but I thought she served her purpose well.

Well lets re iterate don't bring her in yet or as a knockout if you want to use her use her as eye candy altough they have enough of those or train her like Hemme so she can be usefull in the ring. So fair points Remianen but based on her current skill set/overness I think it won't be worth it. Much rather they focus on the ones the E lets go with in ring talent like they did with Varon.

Again, while the 'quick fix' strategy has worked for TNA in some cases, the same expectation does not apply to the Knockouts. I'd say signing Candice would be a great idea for TNA at this point. Look outside the box a bit. Put her with The Beautiful People and she never has to wrestle. At least not until she's gotten some seasoning from working RQW, FSF/QoC, AAA, and similar type shows (just like Christy Hemme). Or, do the opposite and have her act as backup to a worker who can easily cover for her shortcomings. Someone like, oh I dunno, TARA. Christy went from backstage interviewer/segment announcer to manager to Knockout to manager (and she still works in-ring outside of TNA). I'd look for her to do a tour or two with NWE to get some seasoning in products that aren't watered down with wet noodle stiffness and then segue into TNA, where she'd still have name value enough to jump into the fray.

I'm actually kind of shocked that they let go Candice. Not because she is the greatest performer of all-time, however, she was a good looking girl with a sense of cross-promotional ability (did commercials for go daddy). Granted, most non-wrestling fans wouldn't really recognize her probably, however, it's just weird to see Vince drop a girl like that.

Archived