WWE The Bash (Predictions and eventual spoilers)

Actarus

I do this once in a while, and thought I was about that time again; predictions for The Great Amer…oh wait, it’s just ‘The Bash’

Carlito & Primo vs. Legacy for the tag titles – I’ll pick the Colons to retain

John Cena vs. The Miz – Talk about a match I don’t care about. Cena should win, unless big Show interferes, which I pray he doesn’t as the Cena vs. Show feud should have ended at the last PPV

The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler – Now THIS is a match people will want to pay to see on PPV...okay, maybe not. Who’s booking this? Anywho, I believe it's no DQ, so Ziggler will use lots of objects and get the win.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio for the IC title – I refuse to believe the ‘E would want Rey to lose his mask, on the assumption that his replica masks sell at least decently well. He’ll come close to losing it several times throughout the match, and if given time it’ll be match of the night. Rey wins.

Melina vs. Michelle McCool – McCool will cheat and get the win. Number of times J.R. & co. will refer to McCool as a Florida State athlete: at least 3

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay for ECW title – I’ll pick Christian to win, though I wish Henry wasn’t involved. Take away Henry and you get another potential match of the night candidate IMO.

Randy Orton vs. Triple H for WWE title – Another match-up I don’t care about. I’m no fan of Orton, but I don’t think he’s as horrible as people think. With that said, this match-up has happened far too many times as of late, and all the gimmicks they added don’t make it any more appealing. Heck, their match at 'mania was a slumberfest for me, though their match on this past Raw was surprisingly pretty good. I’ll pick Orton to retain

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy for world heavyweight title – Assuming Hardy isn’t leaving anytime soon, I’ll pick Hardy to get the win here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite looking forward to this. Haven't seen any of the recent PPVs and this card has variety and intruige IMO. Don't care about the women's match but apart from that...Ziggler/Khali being a PPV match is just great, interesting stip as well, Jericho/Rey will obviously rock, Scrambles were fun last year, and the two title matches...well Orton/Trips is getting old but I enjoyed their LMS on Raw and this should be a good match, really liking the stretcher match as of late. And Punk/Jeff...wouldn't mind a Jeff win if it meant he was sticking around but nonetheless Punk has been amazing lately, real depth to his character has emerged since the cash in and I hope that this time around it's a real reign.

Then there's Cena/Miz...I worry because of their being 8 matches inc. two that have to last longer than average that this could be like a one minute squash, but I really hope not as Miz has done a great job throughout this story and even if this is the end of it and Cena does, as he should, come out on top, they shouldn't outright destroy that.

Carlito & Primo vs. Legacy - The Colons haven't had any real storyline or purpose, whereas Legacy are Randy Orton's lackeys which kinda coounts more.

John Cena vs. The Miz - I loved this story until Cena actually got involved. Miz has been saying everything that I believe about Cena, so I hope The Miz gets this one.

The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler - Who actually cares?

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio - Hmm. Rey Mysterio masks are a gold mine for the 'E'. I don't think they'll let Jericho win this one. Plus Jericho doesn't need the IC title at this point in his career.

Melina vs. Michelle McCool - Just because I love the entrance.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay - The scramble match is a nice way of taking the title off Dreamer, who hasn't really been booked like a champion.

Randy Orton vs. Triple H - the amount of times I've been bored by this match... I''l say Orton as he's only just got the belt back.

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy - Should be a great match, and the Punk tweener role should be money.

Carlito & Primo vs. Legacy

Carlito and Primo haven't done anything with the belts so I'm picking up Legacy as the winners here. And thus they will have all the gold on their waists. :p I'm gonna pick up a rating for the matches..

Winner: Legacy

Rating: **

John Cena vs. The Miz

DUD. I don't care for either and I saw this live here in a house show, it was just a pure comedy match, I doubt that it'll be the same. Cena just twisted Miz's nipples and hit about three inverted atomic drops, etc.. :E

Winner: Guess who?

Rating: -*

The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler

Another DUD I really don't care for.

Winner: No one.

Rating: -*

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

MOTN. This will, once again, steal the show. I'm very much looking for this altough this screams for a DQ/Draw ending. WWE will never ever unmask Mysterio because of the merchandise sale numbers, we all know that. I just hope that he doesn't win the title back so quickly. I'm a fan of sudden title changes but now the WWE is doing the title changes far too often that I'm losing track. Seriously. I have no idea of the World championships anymore.

Winner: Draw/DQ

Rating: ****+ (Match Of The Night)

Melina vs. Michelle McCool

Don't really care for, sorry ladies.

Winner: Michelle

Rating: *

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay

I will predict that this is going to be a bad, slow mess that lacks psychology.

Winner: Dreamer

Rating: *½

Randy Orton vs. Triple H

Please. This is a perfect example of doing one storyline far, far too long. And a HUGE penalty for repeating this match between these two. Please, give me something new. RAW without Triple H in the World title picture. This will suck as badly as the matches they had before and I really hope that this will not be the main event since on the last PPV this one killed off the ending of the PPV totally.

Winner: Orton

Rating: *

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

This is an interesting match. It's new, it's innovative, it's between two great workers who can push each other to the next level and/or over the edge, literarily. This will be the second best match after the showstealer of Jericho vs. Mysterio. CM Punk's time has come as a heel and I really hope that his title reign will be remembered for a long, long time. It's time for WWE to create new stars. This is a perfect opportunity to do just that.

Winner: CM Punk

Rating: ***½

Overall: This will be another "2 match PPV", those two being Jericho vs. Mysterio and CM Punk vs. Hardy. Smackdown! is by far the leading brand now with it's supreme talent and awesome matches. RAW really got robbed, big time. The new "Smackdown Six"; Mysterio, Jericho, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Edge and Morrison have been the best in the WWE for the last.. Say, six months or so and have been providing the best matches and entertainment for a long, long time. I really hope that SD! will once again be as good or even better than what they were in the years.. 2002-2004, about. This PPV will once again be full of crap, high's and low's, and the two showstealing matches that rise above everything else on the card.

Carlito & Primo vs. Legacy for the tag titles

While the idea of doing a faction full of gold may seem appealing, I think they want to do a Colons/Hart feud. And if they don't, they need to rewatch some matches. Colons retain.

John Cena vs. The Miz

All right, I admit it, even I don't believe this one. But Miz as the cowardly heel works for me. And in a just world, Miz would do the unpadded turnbuckle/school boy with tights/feet on the ropes trifecta to beat the unstoppable Cena, which leads to Cena fuming and calling out the Miz, whereas the Miz can't be bothered, `cause he's already proven what he needed to.

Ziggs is another one I quite enjoy. And I think a good showing here, with a subpar opponent, might open the door for Morrison vs. Ziggler.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio for the IC title

The lack of stipulations (falls count anywhere, no dq, etc) makes me think this will be a muddled finish. This match is simply to keep the feud alive. Rey-Rey wins on a technicality.

Michelle McCool irritates me. I dunno why, but something about her grates on me. With both her and Mickie James racing to be the first woman to hold both titles, I don't see Melina dropping the belt when the Divas title isn't on the line. The reflection on the bigger story would be lost.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay for ECW title

Hey, remember Vladimir Koslov? Just wondering. Tommy wins in a fluke. Swagger will "hold" the belt for most of the second side of the match, and with only a few seconds left, Dreamer wins with a DDT.

Randy Orton vs. Triple H for WWE title

The way this belt hops around lately, Trips will win it, stumble in the walkway, lose it to Kendrick, who gets hit as he stands up, losing it to Big Show, who rolls over exhausted from the walk, only to be pinned by Kane, who makes it to the locker room, gets beaten up by the returning Bastion Booger, and drops the belt, before Trips wins it once again, becoming world champ for the 477th time. Wahoo!

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy for world heavyweight title

This one should be great. I think they can do the tween balance for a while longer, where Punk wins in what looks to be a shady fashion, but playing it off as a mistake, or something. "I sneezed and the chair hit your head. Oops!"

Can't be bothered making predictions. I'm on the fence as to whether I'm going to watch the show. Rey/Jericho will be good, but their match at the last PPV was disappointing (mainly because the one before it set the bar too high) and I've seen it a lot recently. Colons/Priceless is something I've never seen before (RAW doesn't work to my schedule) the Women always interest me on PPVs and Punk/Jeff has a cool story behind it.

You know what match I want to see most? Miz/Cena. I've only been told about this feud, never seen anything, but besides from Big Show's involvement, it sounds potentially awesome. Miz has improved dramatically over the past year, and Cena's pretty cool. If they play it for story, and not balls-to-the-wall action, it could be really cool. Hell, I'd be happy if they did 15 minutes of promo, then 5 minutes of match.

I think it is time for rey rey to loose his mask. I know that is a big deal, but i think it would push jericho and give something rey to "deal with". Right now ray does not stand out to me any more. He can't fly as much as he once did, he does not get a ton of mic time and well right now he is just blending in a little bit. I think loosing the mask will help but i also know the wwe would never loose the cash cow of selling the masks.

I think it is time for rey rey to loose his mask. I know that is a big deal, but i think it would push jericho and give something rey to "deal with". Right now ray does not stand out to me any more. He can't fly as much as he once did, he does not get a ton of mic time and well right now he is just blending in a little bit. I think loosing the mask will help but i also know the wwe would never loose the cash cow of selling the masks.

Some people should never wrestle without a mask and Rey is one of them. He just doesn’t have the face of a main eventer or even a mid carder he looks like a kid. Add his height to the equation and it will be quite hard for anyone to take him serious and will only end up only hurting his career.

Another person who should never wrestle without a mask again, Jigsaw. I just had to add that I mean my god his nose is to big for any face, how he doesn’t break it every match is beyond me.

Back on topic. Looks like an okay PPV thinks to the big Smackdown matches though the Y2J Rey series is getting a little stale (though no where near the levels of Orton and HHH).

I'd prefer Rey to keep his mask and bring in those Luchadors WWE hired recently. Dos Caras & Sicodelico? An exciting new team that has the potential to sell some merchandise, and that can take the bumps while Rey gives them some name value.

It might dilute Rey a bit, but if he's on his way out, due to injuries or money or boredom, I'd love to see it.

I'd prefer Rey to keep his mask and bring in those Luchadors WWE hired recently. Dos Caras & Sicodelico? An exciting new team that has the potential to sell some merchandise, and that can take the bumps while Rey gives them some name value.

It might dilute Rey a bit, but if he's on his way out, due to injuries or money or boredom, I'd love to see it.

I still hope they bring in Lowki to feud with rey like what was talked about a few months ago. Though only so that lowki gets called up and with a good push. The WWE should just turn one of the midcard belts into a Junior Heavyweight title just so they could have Lowki tearing through people and also to give some of the smaller talent a place to shine.

I think lowki is the only guy i am a "mark" for. I would have loved to see ray maybe six years ago against ki at that point but now right now. Rey is a shell of his former self and to be honest it is not a surprise to me. The style rey had is going to take a price on your body.

I do hope mix goes over cena to be honest tonight. Miz could be huge and reither it be clean of cheap i think it would help miz more then it would hurt cena. I don't see miz beating him clean but i would love it if he did.

The Colons, since they need the titles in order to give the feud with the Harts some legitimacy.

Cena, because I hope they shelve and release the Miz since I absolutely despise the character (and not in a good way).

Ziggler because Khali's only purpose is putting people over since he sure as hell isn't good enough to actually work a convincing, cohesive match (unless he's in the ring with a general).

Rey Mysterio, for the obvious merchandising reasons cited earlier.

Who cares whether Melina or Michelle wins? They both suck between the ropes and this match will probably be harder to watch than the Khali match. Michelle McCool blows spots like they were (um, male chickens) so I don't even know why they bother to keep her around. Oh yeah, that's right. She's doing 'Taker. Katie Lea deserves this spot far more (at least she can work a match and carry Melina through it).

Christian walks out with the title. The writers don't know how to book to Dreamer's strengths and Christian's much easier (since he can be given more leeway). None of the other competitors would be a champion anyone would care about and nostalgia only gets you so far.

Triple H. Orton doesn't need to beat Trips for legitimacy but Trips without the belt isn't nearly as compelling as he is with it. Triple H wins with help from his trusty sledge (due to Legacy interference).

CM Punk will have his much-anticipated full heel turn in this match, leading to him retaining. The Punk-Hardy feud still has legs and....other than Jeff Hardy, who else do they have to create the kind of interest this program will? Edge? I think they'll turn Punk and set up a confrontation with.....Taker.

This show should suck, except for Mysterio-Jericho. I don't see Punk-Hardy being that great a match, personally. And the other matches probably won't even live up to the low expectations set for them.

Carlito & Primo vs. Legacy for the tag titles

I went bac and forth with this one and ultimately picked the Colons because they need the titles moreso than Legacy does at this point. Legacy can be built up a little bit more before getting the belts.

John Cena vs. The Miz

If they want to elevate The Miz then now is the time to do it. A win over Cena would definitely propel him up the card.

I can't get Smackdown here so I am just going with the bigger man theory.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio for the IC title

This is always fun. I pick Jericho just because everyone else has picked Rey Rey.

Her entrance. 'Nuff said!

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay for ECW title

Tommy Dreamer IS ECW!

Randy Orton vs. Triple H for WWE title

Trips can elevate people without the belt while Randy needs it a little bit more.

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy for world heavyweight title

Maybe a full fledged heel turn here?

I think lowki is the only guy i am a "mark" for. I would have loved to see ray maybe six years ago against ki at that point but now right now. Rey is a shell of his former self and to be honest it is not a surprise to me. The style rey had is going to take a price on your body.

I do hope mix goes over cena to be honest tonight. Miz could be huge and reither it be clean of cheap i think it would help miz more then it would hurt cena. I don't see miz beating him clean but i would love it if he did.

I must admit I have grown to like the Miz sure first he was that Real World guy only on TV because he is a “Reality Star”. But over time he has gotten much better in the ring sure he isn't close to being the best but he seems to be improving all the time. He is also improving at doing promos and has a natural charisma about him.

He is just another wrestler that shows that the only thing wrong with the new ECW is the name and that Christian is there. You have a solid worker like Finlay working with the younger new talent showing them the ropes. A monster in Henry who can be used to teach the smaller guys how to do a big man small man program. At the same time giving exposure to the talent so that when they get moved to one of the big 2 they can already have a following. All that really needs to be done is have Regal go to ECW to help teach the younger guys the ropes and switch Christian for rey (unless rey can be used to bring in Ki with a good push).

He is just another wrestler that shows that the only thing wrong with the new ECW is the name and that Christian is there.

What's wrong with Christian? He's the best thing on the show each and every week... with the possible exception of the first few seconds of the Hart Dynasty's music.

What's wrong with Christian? He's the best thing on the show each and every week... with the possible exception of the first few seconds of the Hart Dynasty's music.

He should be on Smackdown. He is to over to grow on ECW and has too much time left to be stuck on training duty. In other words he is way to good for the B show.

Tommy Dreamer retains the ECW title. Everyone held it at some point during the scramble.

Mysterio beats Jericho for the IC title

Ziggler pins Khali when Kane interfered with chair shots

Edge & Jericho win the tag titles, beating the Colons & Legacy. Earlier in the night, Vince was threatening Long about his job performance, so Long make the tag match a triple threat.

McCool beats Melina for the women's title

Hardy wins via DQ, Punk retains.

Cena defeats The Miz

Orton defeats Trips

Edge & Jericho win the tag titles, beating the Colons & Legacy. Earlier in the night, Vince was threatening Long about his job performance, so Long make the tag match a triple threat. This makes no sense, as this was a Raw branded match...so much for the brand split!

NO. Tag Titles are open for all three brands. That's why it's called UNIFIED Tag championships.

/ shrug...not how I see it, but whatever. :o

How do you see it? The Colons have walked around with TWO sets of titles since they won 'em. There's not one belt to signify the unification because they always planned to re-split them at some point in the (near) future. This will be their chance. At some point Edge & Jericho will work a match against Legacy, the Colons, and maybe the Harts that is 2 out of 3 falls with each winning team winning a belt. Isn't that kinda obvious? ;)

Neither Edge nor Jericho will be pinned but they'll lose the belts all the same (probably with interference from whoever each of them is feuding with).

How do you see it? The Colons have walked around with TWO sets of titles since they won 'em. There's not one belt to signify the unification because they always planned to re-split them at some point in the (near) future. This will be their chance. At some point Edge & Jericho will work a match against Legacy, the Colons, and maybe the Harts that is 2 out of 3 falls with each winning team winning a belt. Isn't that kinda obvious? ;)

Neither Edge nor Jericho will be pinned but they'll lose the belts all the same (probably with interference from whoever each of them is feuding with).

From my perspective, I saw the belts as exclusive to Raw competition. So when the Colons won them at 'Mania from Miz & Morrision, they brought them to Raw, that's all. They unified the belts, but they were exclusive Raw stars. If they want to do interbrand matches to get a set of tag belts on both brands, that's fine but book towards that (Teddy visits Raw and proposes so-and-so for this PPV or whatever) and treat the brand splits as separate.

I'm not surprised the 'E's did this, I just prefer that they go about it another way.

So I read through an online recap of the event, and got to the Miz vs. Cena. And from what I gathered, it was a fairly short match, which Cena almost entirely dominated, and finished with the stf wherein Miz tapped almost immediately.

If this is the case, if this was a glorified squash match, then why waste the time? Why spend almost 2 months giving Miz mic time, why build up all this hype and hooplah around a match, just to have it end in 2.8 seconds with Miz looking like the second coming of Barnaby Jones? (Man I miss Frisky Dingo. lol)

I get that a lot of people find Miz to be abrasive or obnoxious, and don't see any good in him. That's fine. For me, personally, aside from the horrible tag line, I dug the Miz. I liked the badass heel who shrivels to the shadow of a larger man, and takes pot shots from behind. And he's decent in the ring. (although I've heard he's stolen damn near half his moveset. However, I don't know this firsthand, so I don't hold it against him.) It's the same thing they did with Kendrick.

Kendrick got this big boost as the scrawny kid hiding behind the football player, so he could bully people. And it worked. And he built this wave into the championship scramble, where he "won" the title for 6 minutes. Then Trips comes in, hits a Pedigree, and landed it with such force that Brian Kendrick fell into obscurity. I don't see the point in building someone up, just to have them become some footnote in a PPV liner, before being forgotten. It baffles me!

Archived