What do you do to give back to the industry?

What do you do to help the industry flourish or are you at war with everyone, trying to drive them out of business?

For years and years now of playing TEW and EWR, if I am the top promotion, I give back to help. I buy plenty of talent, give them developmental deals. I make pacts with plenty of promotions to be their parent companies or to make talent trades just so they have better cards.

In some games I jump from promotion to promotion and build them up myself. Once they get to a cult level I jump to the next.

I have even made a Tough Enough style TV show with 16 random workers and 2 A* over and talented trainers. (I did this years ago for EWR a few times).

So I was wondering what are some of the ways you give back to the industry?

I try to build my own stars and usually I have one or two working agreements with the smaller companies. Right now with GCG I have six working agreements with promotions all around the world, most of which are smaller than me with PGHW and INSPIRE as exception.. I'm really helping out MAW and CZCW with the trades. The relationship with PGHW is already there when you start the game but I thought that until INSPIRE goes National (if), I'm going to use the deal. Should they contact my workers and offer a deal (Only PPA because of the relationship) I will probably change the contract into a written deal so I don't feel like I'm cheating. As I've mentioned before I loathe people who always sign non-agression pacts with everyone bigger than them. To each his own, I know, but it still bugs me a bit.

Well, with EWA (the only game I TRULY care about), right now I'm just trying to get my company up and running, though I've indirectly given most of Europe and the UK a boost thanks to workers appearing on my TV show. Heck, 21CW is on the verge of getting back to Cult.

Ultimately, though, I'd love to get to National so I can use a child company to develop some of Europe's talent. Wouldn't mind making sure there's a few roster spots that exist as a revolving door of European talent to build up and then send off to find work elsewhere. Of course, that might end up meaning UEW gets a free boost of talent... meh, I'd still crush them.

I expand the entire industry, world wide, by creating female stars who can compete (and even outshine) the male workers. That, in turn, makes the industry larger and gives it wider appeal. In addition, when little girls see what they can become and it doesn't involve being a sex object, that gives opportunities for "feel good" fluff stories on major networks, which draws the right kind of publicity, which drives business even more. :)

That's how I give back to the industry. :)

Putting talent on top over the Peter Valentine's of this world. And I would liek to think giving good health care, social benefits and not slaving my workers out with too many house shows. Keeping everyone except Peter Valentine types on the roster happy. Making sure younger talent actually develop and giving them a good amount of time to do so. Not signing up every talented worker I can just because I can so that other countries can also thrive. (Rule of thumb minimal D pop in home nation if worker is over 25 with max 8-10 exceptions.)

On the rare occasion that I play a bigger company, I pretty much always (since it's usually TCW) try and sign lesser talent to PPA deals instead of written ones, so they can still work for the little people. I'm also careful to only take the talent I need from other companies, and I'll never sign a reigning champion to a written deal (except that one time it looked like Frankie Perez was unbeatable and I got bored of waiting, but even then I signed him a week before their next show so he had time to lose it...).

I'm too nice.

When I get to a big enough position, half my dev signings I have no intention of bringing up; they're there to learn, learn well, and then head back out to pass on what they learned to everyone else in the smaller feds.

My just-Globalised Ring of Fire, for example, has around 45 workers on development contracts, 20 of which I have definite plans for, five of which may come in, and 20 of which will just leave again, suddenly better and better known through the UK to help the three or four smaller promotions hit Regional and/or Cult, to help things boost again.

I've brought back Jefferson Stardust. I'm giving him the chance to be the star that he didn't get first time around.

I'm also pushing Justin Sensitive because he has an alt with a chimp giving him a hug.

And Raphael is part of my hottest storyline. How the kid doesn't get picked up by CGC, NOTBPW or TCW is beyond me.

I've brought back Jefferson Stardust. I'm giving him the chance to be the star that he didn't get first time around.

I'm also pushing Justin Sensitive because he has an alt with a chimp giving him a hug.

And Raphael is part of my hottest storyline. How the kid doesn't get picked up by CGC, NOTBPW or TCW is beyond me.

I don't know why, but your post reminded me of the touring NEO game that I had for TEW07. Still have the save. Good times.

I've got 5 child companies of my Fed. I've hired all the unemployed 21 and under wrestlers out there and put them on developmental contracts with the cvarious child companies. It helps in a few ways...

1. It gets these young guys experience and increases their stats/popularity while helping the smaller feds.

2. When the older workers in my fed retire, I just call up on of the young guys and dont have to worry about ring rust, etc.

3. I don't hire any workers directly to my fed. They have to work their way up from development. It saves me money from always going after the big names, plus I can see if they are worth bringing up or are they going to be a problem.

Archived