Fine Peter Michaels, be that way

Maybe this should be a suggestion? Non-active workers refusing to enter the ring while some might want to?

I mean, you can do some terrible things to a wrestler, but what about the non-wrestlers?

Also, maybe workers have a "risk" index where they won't resign for a company that's put them in too risky of matches.

Hohohoho...

Reminds me of starting a game with APWF and George DeColt starts off with a dislike for the owner, Terry Lambert.

My solution? Have him feud with Terry Lambert, The Brooklyn Punk, and Marcus McKing until his contract expired. And by "feud" I mean get jumped repeatidely and have his ass kicked in higher risk matches, all leading up to a APWF Pole Match (it's APWF's speciality!) where George DeColt to Terry Lambert by (a hopefully legitimate) knock out.

The result? All four workers (even DeColt!) gained oodles of momentum and overness. Sadly, this now means there's not a single person in the company Terry Lambert is willing to lose to. Meh, I'll just find clever ways to keep the title off of him until I can get atleast get to Cult.

Oh, and in WBW when Mike O'Reilly declared himself the "company MPV". That bought him several domination noted losses against Helmut the Hook and Horse Svensson (aka, the two stiffest, unsafe, meanest workers in the company!)

Good times... good times...

Maybe this should be a suggestion? Non-active workers refusing to enter the ring while some might want to?

I mean, you can do some terrible things to a wrestler, but what about the non-wrestlers?

Also, maybe workers have a "risk" index where they won't resign for a company that's put them in too risky of matches.

I covered this as part of my contracts suggestions a while back... you would pay a worker per match (if they'd wrestle) or per show (of they don't wrestle), which would more closely simulate reality in that workers get paid more if they wrestle AND would also apply to retiring wrestlers getting paid less without a need to renegotiate their contract. It really was a deep system. :)

One thing though is that "active/semi-active/non" wrestler roles should be preserved as part of a contract and not just a push. You want to throw your raod agent into the ring, he either needs to be a good sport or you need to draw up a new contract with him and put him as "semi-active"...if he agrees to it. Some people are just too old or worn down to just be thrown back into the ring. They retired for a reason :D

One thing though is that "active/semi-active/non" wrestler roles should be preserved as part of a contract and not just a push. You want to throw your raod agent into the ring, he either needs to be a good sport or you need to draw up a new contract with him and put him as "semi-active"...if he agrees to it. Some people are just too old or worn down to just be thrown back into the ring. They retired for a reason :D

Awwww.... but where's the fun if you can't tell Gil Thomas to amuse me by facing off against the Nigerian Hit Squad in a handicap match to open the show?

How do you balance that against people like Larry Wood and Ryu Kajahara who PREFER those kinds of matches? Or Nemesis, who's retired, but then again, so was Mick Foley. How many times has Terry Funk retired? And let's not even get into the joshi "I'm retiring.......but only for the summer/a year/til my unborn kids are in day care".

Then you have the case of 1500 workers having to have this index cross referenced with their personality (and shifting as their personality changes) for the game to keep track of. I would say it would be the same for mods but from what I've seen, most mod makers don't even bother with anything outside of stats (i.e. no personalities, everyone has whatever the default 'extremely flaky' etc one is) so that part probably wouldn't apply.

Great idea on paper, but I think the number of times this happens in everyday gameplay is limited enough to make it not worth pursuing. That's just my impression though.

How do you balance that against people like Larry Wood and Ryu Kajahara who PREFER those kinds of matches? Or Nemesis, who's retired, but then again, so was Mick Foley. How many times has Terry Funk retired? And let's not even get into the joshi "I'm retiring.......but only for the summer/a year/til my unborn kids are in day care".

Then you have the case of 1500 workers having to have this index cross referenced with their personality (and shifting as their personality changes) for the game to keep track of. I would say it would be the same for mods but from what I've seen, most mod makers don't even bother with anything outside of stats (i.e. no personalities, everyone has whatever the default 'extremely flaky' etc one is) so that part probably wouldn't apply.

Great idea on paper, but I think the number of times this happens in everyday gameplay is limited enough to make it not worth pursuing. That's just my impression though.

Personally, I wish workers could un-retire/return to the business with the rare special event (or if a large enough company comes knocking). Happens in real life, and it's happened a couple of times in the C-Verse. I do believe The Wolverine was retired from active competition, but returned to the ring with PSW openned its doors. Who's to say Steve Flash won't hang up his boots and a year later be like "you know what... retirement sucks, eh."

And c'mon, you know if BHOTWG offered Arjen Van Den Layne a six digit contract to work for them he'd return to the ring. Heck, I'm still upset AVDL was written out as an active wrestler. Not like there's any other pyschotic MMA Dutchmen around...

I don't believe this would be as huge of an undertaking as you might first believe because it doesn't have to check all 1,500 at once.

1st it would only need to check non-active/retired workers. Second it would be like how random events work now, where a RNG random event causes a RNG non-worker to want to wrestle (or vice versa) so that's just a RNG random event and THEN it finds a likely candidate.

Finally, for deciding things like risk factor or active/non-active competition, that would only come into play during contract negotiation, which being this is a pretty straight forward check would be quicker then calculating salaries which needs to be cross-checked to industry trends.

Archived