AAA: El Videojuego

alphadraighon

Hey, just recently found out that there is going to be a AAA game released within the next yeah. Doesn't seem to be much info on it yet, but I wanted to know what peoples hopes and expectations are for the first lucha libre game in the US?

Most important question: Who's developing it? That'll give you a better idea of what the quality of the final product's going to be.

Here is the trailer for anyone that has not seen it yet

and according to IGN the developer is Sabarasa Entertainment

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/006/006660.html

Here's a better quality version of the trailer. I noticed Vampiro, La Parka, and I think one of the Blood Family among the talent featured in it. Looks like they're releasing a version for nearly every platform out their too. I hope it turns out good, I've always been interested in Lucha Libre and if the game is good quality it could turn more people onto it.

Edit: Sabarasa Entertainment is probably the developer of the Wii/DS ports, as that's the area their previous games cover. Immersion Games are likely the one who are doing the XBox/PS3 versions, as they have previous experience on those platforms. Funnily enough, Immersion Games is headquartered in Mexico and Colombia, which might be how they started working with AAA. The publisher is the upstart Slang. None of the companies involved have done a wrestling game before. Immersion did CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars and Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia for the PS3/360 download services.

Unfortunately, the trailer doesn't show much of the game beyond a handful of 1vs1 moves. I don't care if AAA is the one to do it, but I'd love for someone to make a QUALITY wrestling game again. Heck, why can't they just go "okay, THIS is what was done with the WCW/NWO Revenge and No Mercy style games... so let's do that, just with better graphics and possibly more workers on the screen at once."

That's all they have to do, and BOOM, smashing success. I still don't think there's a wrestling game made since the days of the Nintendo 64 where workers actually SELLED offense. They sure as hell don't in Smackdown! vs. Raw. "Hey, I just powerbombed that guy off a steel cell and through a table down below! LOL, he's back up in 10 seconds like nothing happened!"

My god, those N64 games had FUN Royal Rumbles (in that the workers just didn't spend the whole match focused purely on tossing each other, you had to work for it!) and BETTER AI than what we see in SvR!!!

Not to mention the excellent match customization! Meanwhile, in TNA Impact you can't even have a sodding Tag Tornado match.

/rant over

Archived