I'm still kinda curious who skewed my star rating. I'm not complaining about a 4. I think I'm doing solid 4-star work. Really good, not perfect. I just could have sworn I had a 5, then I gave myself a 5 (at least I wasn't the first, eh) and now I have 4. Just curious who pulled down my rating, and why they hate me so much :)

EDIT: Holy crap I'm insecure sometimes. I gotta get rid of all that emo-junk from my iPod.

Someone jealous over your DOTM win, perhaps? (I gave you a 5 fairly recently, so don't look at me!!!)

I do agree that Wallbanger that watching and assessing the views of a diary is really the best way to know that people are reading. I've had to tell a few less experienced diary writers that when they PM'd me for advice (not sure how I got that role, but whatever... I'm happy to help). But I can understand their frustration at not getting more than that sometimes, especially on a fairly new diary. That little bit of encouragement that positive comments bring can be key for staving off the frustration that can come in the early going of a diary. At the same time, you can't force that out of the readers and the comments need to be honest, or what's the point? It is not an easy process.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard space tunas can bring down your star ratings...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/spacetunaforce.jpg

AND THE SPACE TUNA FOOOOOOOORCE SAAAAAAAID TUNA SHALL WAGE THE ENDLESS WAR FOR AAAAMEEERRRRIIIIICCAAAAAAA AND TUNFORCIONS SHALL UNITE UPON THE MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN OF THE TUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAA FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRCCEEE BUY MY MERCHANDISE!!!

And I've noticed that alot of the popular diaries end up falling to four stars. I honestly believe that it has to do with folks being either jealous or just general douche bags. If anything, you should take it as a compliment if you've been at five stars forever and then someone throws in a rating of 1 star to drop you down. Note that this is different than starting at 1 star off the bat.

It might not even be one star. I won't name names, but there was a 5 star diary that I gave 4 stars to awhile ago and I noticed it bumped it down to 4 stars and I don't know if it ever rose back up.

I thought the diary was good, but not great so I rated it as such and was horrified to see that it actually mattered :(

I feel bad now....

And it wasn't your diary so don't ask!

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sadhappy/spacetunaforce.jpg

AND THE SPACE TUNA FOOOOOOOORCE SAAAAAAAID TUNA SHALL WAGE THE ENDLESS WAR FOR AAAAMEEERRRRIIIIICCAAAAAAA AND TUNFORCIONS SHALL UNITE UPON THE MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN OF THE TUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAA FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRCCEEE BUY MY MERCHANDISE!!!

Brilliant!

I'm surprised Vince didn't give Umaga the Space Tuna Force gimmick. Now THAT'S money! :p

Archived