Best Ep of ROH on HDNet?

infinitywpi

So, apparently I have more MSPoints than I know what to do with, as I'm considering buying an episode of ROH, since I don't get HDNet. So, my question to the most trusted wrasslin' board I know: Which of the first nine episodes is the best one? Most run, best matches, best bits?

So, apparently I have more MSPoints than I know what to do with, as I'm considering buying an episode of ROH, since I don't get HDNet. So, my question to the most trusted wrasslin' board I know: Which of the first nine episodes is the best one? Most run, best matches, best bits?

Why not just watch in for free on youtube? Oh and I agree with Bigpapa42 go with one of them 2.

The American Wolves - El Generico tables match was one of the best matches they've had on TV thus far. The Lynn-Aries-Black-Danielson four way was also very good. Sorry, but I don't recall which episodes those are from off hand...

I've, sadly, only seen a handful of episodes (keep meaning to set to record them all, because it's FANTASTIC), but that match was by far the best I've seen. I instantly became an Austin Aries mark about a minute into that one.

I still think Danielson looks like a random white guy you could see on the street. So much talent, but such a painfully bland look. Tis a shame.

I still think Danielson looks like a random white guy you could see on the street. So much talent, but such a painfully bland look. Tis a shame.

Doesn't bother me in the least. I don't ever watch a Bryan Danielson match and think "Oh, he looks so plain." I think, "This match is awesome. Just like almost every other Bryan Danielson match I've seen."

On topic, I agree with the suggestion of the Lynn/Aries/Black/Danielson 4-way; probably the best match from the ROH TV show so far. There's at least one good match virtually every week, though. All three of the Danielson/Black matches were great, especially the most recent. The tables match, as mentioned, was really good. The KENTA/Steen/Generico vs. Hero/American Wolves match was awesome. I seem to remember really liking a Danielson/Aries match from one of the first few shows. I'm sure there are several others I really liked a lot that I'm just forgetting.

Yeah, I wouldn't 'buy' any of their shows. Someone has a deal with ROH to put them on YouTube for free. I think the deal is that this person is allowed to upload the show 3 or so days after it airs. Here's his profile which has all episodes so far:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ROHBrazil

I don't have HDNet myself, so I rely on this every week. Actually, I'm about 2 months behind, lol.

:)

Ah, well, I'll save my points for some ill-concieved impulse buy of a game at a latter date and catch this on YouTube.

Might be a deciding factor in if I switch cable companies or not. The new one has HDNet, but misses a few channels my wife and son have gotten into...

Big fan of HD Net. I love MMA and they offer a ton of stuff from Japan and such. ROH is a big bonus. They show plenty of concerts. There were even some rumors of a Japanese wrestling promotion working on a deal with HD Net awhile back... One of my favorite channels at this point, everything considered.

Went on a big ROH marathon the other day, and it turned me back into a fan. I'll probably get bored of the lack of wackiness soon enough (like last time I watched when the show debuted) but for now, a change is as good as a rest. New characters. New moves. New commentary. Fun.

Oh, and even though I usually take the anti-stiffness side of arguments, I loved the KENTA/Generico/Steen vs Wolves & Hero match. So many ridiculous kicks to the head, and I marked for every one of them.

I also loved D'Lo Brown vs Alex 'Sugarfoot' Paine. Awesome squash.

I watch it on YouTube too, loving it so much!

Personally I liked 'the other' six man more than the Wolves/Hero/Steen/Generico/KENTA. The one involving Jerry Lynn, Eric Stevens and Kenny Omega vs. Austin Aries, Kenny King and Rhett Titus.

Also, I think it was the same show that was main evented by a great Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe match. So yeah, that one...

And then of course there's the latest episode... half an hour of, let's face it, crap (Ernie Osiris can **** off my TV, thanks. Especially when he's wrestling Grizzly Redwood...), followed by half an hour of Match Of The Year. A mixed show, but definitely one you cannot miss.

Archived