Impact tonight.

JTandSilentBob

I found myself enjoying the match... It didn't bother me that Sting made his cameo (Even if his new coat is stupid as hell with the rest of his black/white look. Plus, it just felt like a bad copy-cat of the old WCW sting just done in a.... well, TNA way) and it also didn't really bother me that Bobby Lashley is the reason why Foley ended up winning.

What DID bother me though is as follows:

1) What's the point of the Legends title? Is it a Main Event title? If so, then is it simply around to devalue the TNA Championship? Just seems like a terrible concept.

2) Why has Mick Foley won two titles since joining TNA? I can see their reasoning for why he was given the TNA Championship (to try to pull in some Foley fans/WWE fans to watch TNA).. but if you're going to give him another title then make it the Tag Titles or something. Have him "show the ropes" to a younger wrestlers... Act as a wrestler/trainer... Trying to instill a degree of himself in his pupil.

3) Is it just me or did Bobby Lashley's attack on Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash look so severly weak? I know it's wrestling... but... Nash literally stood aside for like 10 seconds and watched Bobby attack Angle. Then, finally, instead of having Nash jump in on the action... He stood there as Lashley then knocked him out of the ring too.

meh. TNA.

it was pretty typical TNA night for me, loved the mid and upper mid card matches (erik young was great, the AJ morgan match was better than i hoped from morgan this early in his career.)

the beautiful people are always good for eye candy, the fact that they can wrestle a decent match is just a bonus.

and then absolutely loathed the main event. Why are they pushing mick as a main event wrestler now, it's time to hang em up mick....it's over. Also, to have him win the legands title...

I mean, decide what you want that strap to be TNA. First it was a joke title that booker had. then it suddenly became a M/E pushed title when AJ won it. Ok, im on board, i figured it would be used to segway AJ into the Main event scene...but instead they had him job to nash (as the famous review on that night said, no way in 2009 should nash go over AJ styles) and dropped him back down into the originals vs. british invasion fued for a bit before apparently restarting his push towards the main title with this morgan fued.

I like morgan and AJ, im glad there working together, but why did nash go over him if this fued was right around the corner? I'd rather have had morgan beat him for the legands belt, and then had this fued to cement AJ as a main evener, not a random title reign of a gimmick title, then a random job to a 7 footer who can't work anymore, and now a good fued. just seems like booking even i would cringe at in TEW.

and with the rapid swapping of the title out to nash and now foley...what am i supposed to think of that title TNA booking? is it a legit M/E title, a center piece...or is it just a gimmick title to swap around at will while the world champ belt stays stagnant on kurt?

I love mick foley but watching him try to move around the ring is painful, and the fact that nash, another guy who can't go anymore, is always in M/E matches, is also painful to watch.

Lashy looks good until he tries to hit some spots, good on the mic though.

They need to start transitioning some of the M/E crowd out and down. nash, booker, stienr and mick have no place in any match for a world title except to put other guys over.

Angle, AJ, lashly, joe and sting should be your main movers and shakers for that title right now. Why they went to all that trouble to build joe up as someone the mafia couldn't deal with only to have him now be the lowest member of the totem pole within it makes no sense...and why use him to put hernandez over...why not use booker or stiener, thus keeping both hernedez and joe as bigger players? The way the mafia is booked, those would have been just as big of an upset, and those two haven't done anything worthy of a push lately...they need to start putting some young guns over.

another frustrating night for me from TNA.

I don't know, Nash put on a better match tonight than he has in a long time, IMO. Foley I think puts on being crippled up some, he wouldn't be able to do things like that superplex he did last week if it was totally legit, crazy stuntman or not. :p

I enjoyed the show, The World Elite is a nice stable and Eric Young finally has my notice (I never got his popularity before), hopefully TNA can build on the momentum they've given the group with these wins. Finally caught "Tara" and Loooove the spider gimmick (sort of reminds me of Jake The Snake, in a good way). Liked the Joe/Hernadez match, hopefully it'll be the beginning of an extended Joe/Hernadez feud.

I liked the Knockouts match despite the Beautiful People (Angelina still can't take an irish whip without looking like she's tripping over her own feet). ODB needs more TV time. I like how Tara avoided taking a cheap shot at WWE in the interview with Don West. She filled that segment but said absolutely nothing of substance if you're not well versed in reading between the lines.

The Joe-Hernandez match was mind-boggling. He joins what is supposed to be the dominant faction in the promotion....and jobs to a career midcarder? :confused:

I don't get why TNA is promoting another promotion (and its titles) without a damn good reason. Having two "main eventers" hold the midcard tag titles is not a good reason.

This series with AJ is going to make Matt Morgan VERY good, if he keeps his head on straight and pays attention.

Mick can still go and he can still teach the spot monkey heavy TNA roster how to work a proper match. The Legends title is a joke and always has been. It should be passed around like a joint, it's worthless otherwise. Put that title on Sheik Abdul Bashir and what's it do for him? Nothing. Because the title itself is nothing. Just like the Million Dollar belt was. So you put it on so-called 'Legends', people who don't need rub because they're....legends, so it at least gets some TV time and the duller fans begin to believe it means something.

I have a question though. Since Lashley is there, is he bringin' his baby mama (Kristal Marshall) too? I mean, that seems to be the trend (Angle, Booker, etc). The Knockouts title is changing hands a bit too much IMO. Considering it's probably going to change hands again at Hard Justice (and probably at least once before then), it's starting to look very Legends title-ish.

For a 200th show, I was not impressed.

Thought it was a good show.

I'm guessing if your correct that Nash wasn't legal they'll bring that up and return the title to him. It was after all slick johnson if I'm not mistaken. There's a little pattern forming with his officiating duties.

Archived