Ufc 101

GatorBait19

what the crap was up with Griffin tonight. He didn't look strong at any point in the fight and his fist seemed slow, then that punch looked like Silva was swinging at a fly

yea forrest really crapped out in this fight, i find it hilarious that rumors are going around that he threw the fight.

and what was up with silva shaking his hand right before he dropped him that last time:confused: that was kinda wierd.

yea forrest really crapped out in this fight, i find it hilarious that rumors are going around that he threw the fight.

and what was up with silva shaking his had right before he dropped him that last time:confused: that was kinda wierd.

Forrest was on the ground and Silva was trying to help him up. Forrest got up on his own and Silva still had his hand out so Forrest shook it. He tried to do the same thing with Cote.

I have to say, some of the fights on this card made Lesnar-Mir look exciting. I have no doubt that WEC will more than make up for it though, Torres vs Bowles will be fight of the year, just watch.

Well, it was a strange end sequence. The jab that ended the fight wasn't the strongest looking punch, even if it did land flush. And Griffin was basically verbally submitting, from the look of it.

There are rumors that he took a pretty serious injury in the fight - broken or dislocated jaw - and that was why he bolted after the fight. Interested to see if there's anything behind that.

Guys, look at the way Forrest's head snapped back and the way he fell, then try to say he threw the fight. Even if he did have an injury, that's the last guy that would ever quit.

i not saying that he threw the fight, im just saying that there are rumors.

Watched the show. Was pretty bored during most of it. Silva/Griffin was fun for the minute or two it lasted. As was Amir/Bearded Guy until the crappy early stoppage. The rest was just a lot of man-on-man hugging. I should steer clear of MMA for a few months. It's not doing it for me at the moment.

when do you guys think we will see silva go for the light heavyweight belt i think he would be the first person to whole on to two belts at the same time in the UFC. Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida would be a great fight to see

Unfortunately never, Silva and Machida are teammates.

Unfortunately never, Silva and Machida are teammates.

you never know teams have been in matches against each other before but never for a title we will just have to see what Dana does now that no one is a real challenge for Silva, maybe Bisping will be next in line for a shot at his title if Bisping can get a few more wins at 185

you never know teams have been in matches against each other before but never for a title we will just have to see what Dana does now that no one is a real challenge for Silva, maybe Bisping will be next in line for a shot at his title if Bisping can get a few more wins at 185

I think he said that if Vitor beats Franklin he's next in line

Brazilians are not big on fighting their teammates. At one point, Silva and Paulo Filho were teammates (might still be) and were the top two fighters at MW and Filho went to WEC because they didn't want to fight each other. Same with Wanderlei/Shogun when Wand was champ and Shogun was the clear contender.

Even if Silva/Machida did fight, I doubt it would be as good as some people think based on the fact that they both prey on opponents that come after them added to the fact that they are teammates/friends.

PS: I don't like Bisping either but I still wouldn't wish that on him.

Aye. Silva/Griffin was much more exciting, which is what "Fight of the Night" is about. It's a reward for exciting fights, not skillful or tactical ones. As short as it was, I was captivated for every second of Silva/Griffin. I made a cup of tea in the second round of Penn/Florian.

I hear there was a pretty decent pre-show fight, that might have aired after the Main Event. Probably should have watched it.

Aye. Silva/Griffin was much more exciting, which is what "Fight of the Night" is about. It's a reward for exciting fights, not skillful or tactical ones. As short as it was, I was captivated for every second of Silva/Griffin. I made a cup of tea in the second round of Penn/Florian.

I hear there was a pretty decent pre-show fight, that might have aired after the Main Event. Probably should have watched it.

But can anyone justify Forrest Griffin "earning" this $60,000 bonus? Everyone on this board did as much damage to A. Silva last night as Forrest did. Where's my $60,000 check?

Penn/Florian was competitive. May not have been a back and forth, ultra-exciting fight, but it was far better than the other fights on the main card that lasted beyond the opening minutes. I didn't see the preliminaries, maybe one of those fights deserved it.

Anyway, since we all see that Fedor is afraid of Lesnar, maybe we could dream of him trimming the love handles to meet The Spider at 205 one day. My money is on SILVA.

Silva vs Machida makes no sense right now and won't happen for a long time IF it ever does. First off Dana White is not big on the going for two titles, the BJ Penn vs GSP fight was more of a bad blood match than BJ going for the belt.

Silva said in his interview that 205 fighters are tough fights for him as well due to size since Forrest walks around naturally at around 240 and Silva walks around at 220, he also said that Machida would be a very tough fight for him.

Also, what has Machida done to deserve this superfight? He hasn't even defended his belt yet. If he gets through Shogun, Rampage/Rashad, and if there isn't a clear #1 contender at that point then maybe the talks can start.

Also 185 has good contenders for Silva. A lot of people aren't pumped about he Hendo/Silva fight but many forget Henderson won the first round of that fight and he is on a 3 fight win streak. Also Maia/Marquardt could post an interesting challenger, along with Vitor if he fights at 185 after the catch weight bout.

Also Craig Edwards, what the hell are you talking about with Bisping? Did you not just see Hendo practically break his face in? And with the rumoured bout of Bisping vs Wanderlei in November, I see him getting wrecked again.

I cannot say anything more about Anderson Silva he is such a talent. Even on Forrest best day he in all honestly couldn't touch Silva. He simply dominated the fight and made Forrest look silly, I was in love with the way he was bobbing and weaving those punches he looked like he was in a boxing ring. I don't see many fighters who will pose a threat to Silva at the moment not even GSP the only fighter I can see in Andersons weight divisions is either Henderson again or Machida.

did anyone read what yahoo posted?

i kinda of agree with them stating that he has no challenge in middleweight. also im really surprised that yahoo posted that silva said he's willing to drop his title to fight in lighth heavyweight. i haven't checked any other site yet but i'd be surprised to see him drop the title just to go up a weight class and then whart is ufc going to do with the title? i'd better see him hold middleweight and fight both weight classes he doesn't need a title fight in light heavyweight to prove him self imo. especially to fight loyta if silva says he won't i dont see it happening since dana cant force him. also they stated the gsp said he would fight silva but he needs 10 pounds of more muscle and would take him a year to get it, then they said fedor would be a good challege and compared him to forrest saying his stand up tatic isn't great as forrest but he throws harder punches and his ground games better though and this is where he might get silva but that fight might never happen. then finally they stated that he wants to fight ray jones but dana said no so silva said he's going to make it happen after his contracts up and its going to be a boxing match, me personally i think that would be really stupid boxing is a lot different imo to punching in ufc... so if silva does move up who is he going to fight next? i really thought it was stated he was fight henderson so i dont see it unless they scratch the whole thing even with the advertisements. i would really like to see him fight evans since he has a good stand game imo or even jackson :)

Silva vs Machida makes no sense right now and won't happen for a long time IF it ever does. First off Dana White is not big on the going for two titles, the BJ Penn vs GSP fight was more of a bad blood match than BJ going for the belt.

Silva said in his interview that 205 fighters are tough fights for him as well due to size since Forrest walks around naturally at around 240 and Silva walks around at 220, he also said that Machida would be a very tough fight for him.

Also, what has Machida done to deserve this superfight? He hasn't even defended his belt yet. If he gets through Shogun, Rampage/Rashad, and if there isn't a clear #1 contender at that point then maybe the talks can start.

Also 185 has good contenders for Silva. A lot of people aren't pumped about he Hendo/Silva fight but many forget Henderson won the first round of that fight and he is on a 3 fight win streak. Also Maia/Marquardt could post an interesting challenger, along with Vitor if he fights at 185 after the catch weight bout.

Also Craig Edwards, what the hell are you talking about with Bisping? Did you not just see Hendo practically break his face in? And with the rumoured bout of Bisping vs Wanderlei in November, I see him getting wrecked again.

Dana White and Anderson have supposedly already agreed that the Middleweight Title would be vacated should Silva move up to 205 permanently.

Even during the press conference, Anderson says he IS interested in fighting at 205 for good. He wants the biggest and best fights. And he sure did DESTROY one of if not the biggest LHW in UFC last night.

Since when is a CHAMPION ever in need of DESERVING a fight? And if he hadn't done anything to deserve it, why else would you refer to it as a "superfight"? The only question should be whether or not Silva has earned a shot before the Rampage/Rashad winner, should Machida get by Shogun.

185 certainly does have a couple of good fights left to offer The Spider. Henderson deserves another opportunity after winning Rd. 1 against Silva. But since he still pulled out the win, Silva doesn't really owe this rematch to Dan or to any of us. This particular call should be fully up to the champion. Vitor would make for an awesome fight if he can beat Rich Franklin. But beating Franklin should not be considered automatic grounds for a title fight. We all know what Silva has done and would do to Rich!

Couldn't agree with you more here. You'd think anyone who mentions a Bisping/A. Silva matchup typed these posts WELL before July 11, 2009. It should be illegal to speak or type the names A******n S***a and M*****l B*****g in the same sentence at this point. I kinda like Bisping but I love Wanderlei, so I'd love to see Wandy KO The Count.

Archived