DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

DOTM: Cornellverse Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

• Phantom Stranger "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"
    • Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious"
    • Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"
    • Bigpapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"
    • James Casey's "MAW - 10 Simple Rules"
    • Eisenverse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"
    • G-prime's "SWF: Entertainment, Innovation, Attitude"

wow, Thank you to everyone who voted this month for DOTM. It seems extremely fitting, for me, to be tied with the likes of PA. He's been an amazing help for my PSW diary (both on my actual thread and through private messages) and, honestly, I see him as a great source of creative direction. His SWF diary has been something of a Legend for me... Something to strive toward, however with a different company. He's a one-of-a-kind writer. It's sad, however, to see that his motivation is drawing thin as his SWF creation has been a truly great piece of work.

I'm not sure if the voting has ceased? If so, I'm more than happy to share such a victory with PA. It's an honor to just be up in the running and to see a number of people placing their vote for my PSW diary. I'm having a lot of fun thus far creating the often chaotic world of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling... It's a great way for a creative output both in developing a story for one trying to battle back his demons while also working to bring a small rinky-dink hardcore company from the depths of nowhere'sville in the Cornellverse to being a relevant product across the "country".

Again, Thank you to everyone who voted. I honestly didn't expect to get this far and it's not me trying to play it "cool" toward the end of the voting process. I honestly felt that I was far to new to this whole scene that it would take much much longer for me to have any sort of award.

Also, Thank you NoNeck for your post. It meant a lot to see what you wrote.

Cheers.

EDIT: I now see that the voting doesn't close until 6 AM tomorrow, So, There's still room for things to shift. Either way, I meant what I wrote and wasn't trying for a last ditch ploy. I'll be happy with whatever outcome comes to pass. I have much respect for all of these writers who are up for DOTM this month and only see myself as a "newbie" to this whole diary-world.

Congrats to Eisen-Verse. Great diary and well-deserved.

And thanks to everyone who voted for me. Always appreciated.

we have got to do something about the repeated ties in this category. not sure what. but I would really like to see a decisive winner 90% of the time instead of the recnt 50. :p

Well, I seem to be involved in most of the splits or near-splits. And by the time Gen-S becomes eligible again, things are going to be winding down. They kinda are already, to be honest. So I'm not sure if its going to continue to be an issue...

Congrats to Eisen & Big Papa!

we have got to do something about the repeated ties in this category. not sure what. but I would really like to see a decisive winner 90% of the time instead of the recnt 50. :p

You need a designated voter to put in the final vote before the poll is closed. If there's a clear winner, he votes for whoever he feels like, it's a tie at the top, he decides it. Maybe you, or maybe a Hall of Famer, I dunno. Tie-Breaker.

Gratz both of y'all.

Well, I seem to be involved in most of the splits or near-splits. And by the time Gen-S becomes eligible again, things are going to be winding down. They kinda are already, to be honest. So I'm not sure if its going to continue to be an issue...

Noooooooooo. Then again, You've been looking to start something new for quite some time now. If you're not feeling SWF anymore then maybe it's best to take a break and possibly come back with something new if you feel the itch.

Either way, love your diary, PA.

Again, Thank you to everyone who voted. I'm more than happy to share the win with PA (even though I know most want a clear cut winner). It's a great feeling to win a DOTM, As this is my first. All in all, Thank you!

Congratulations to E-V & BP (sounds like a naff rap duo...)

Oh man, did I laugh at that one. Big, big congrats to winners Bigpapa42 and Eisen-Verse, just goes to show how many awesome diaries there are floating around nowadays.. And everyone got a nice amount of votes which goes to show that each diary has it's own fanbase and loyal readers.

I really don't mind the ties. I'd rather have a tie than ending up as 2nd for countless times, just like so many times this year. :o By the way this has been my first DOTM poll ever where I had an active and eligible diary going and it did not get even nominated.

Noooooooooo. Then again, You've been looking to start something new for quite some time now. If you're not feeling SWF anymore then maybe it's best to take a break and possibly come back with something new if you feel the itch.

Either way, love your diary, PA.

Again, Thank you to everyone who voted. I'm more than happy to share the win with PA (even though I know most want a clear cut winner). It's a great feeling to win a DOTM, As this is my first. All in all, Thank you!

Probably not the idea place to complain about this, but... Its not actually the desire to start a new project that has me thinking Gen-S is winding down at this point. If that was the issue, I think I would just put Gen-S on hiatus and run with it. Its not being burned out or needing a break, though I may take one. Its more just a feeling of "this has run its course". I'm lacking motivation in a way that I have yet to run into through nearly a full year of writing the diary and I just don't know that its going to change. If I do keep going, it will be at a more casual pace.

Oh man, did I laugh at that one. Big, big congrats to winners Bigpapa42 and Eisen-Verse, just goes to show how many awesome diaries there are floating around nowadays.. And everyone got a nice amount of votes which goes to show that each diary has it's own fanbase and loyal readers.

I really don't mind the ties. I'd rather have a tie than ending up as 2nd for countless times, just like so many times this year. :o By the way this has been my first DOTM poll ever where I had an active and eligible diary going and it did not get even nominated.

Which also just goes to show you the depth in quality right now. Your Burning Hammer diary is a good one and has plenty of readers. I know it can be frustrating - I've had it happent to me - but not getting a nom is not necessarily a reflection on the diary.

Probably not the idea place to complain about this, but... Its not actually the desire to start a new project that has me thinking Gen-S is winding down at this point. If that was the issue, I think I would just put Gen-S on hiatus and run with it. Its not being burned out or needing a break, though I may take one. Its more just a feeling of "this has run its course". I'm lacking motivation in a way that I have yet to run into through nearly a full year of writing the diary and I just don't know that its going to change. If I do keep going, it will be at a more casual pace.

Understood, dude. And I'm sure anyone whose written a diary of some length can identify with your situation.

The question I would ask, I guess, is are you done telling the story you set out to tell with GS? I think that's the heart of it.

Congrats to both you and Eisen on this month's victory, too.

:)

Understood, dude. And I'm sure anyone whose written a diary of some length can identify with your situation.

The question I would ask, I guess, is are you done telling the story you set out to tell with GS? I think that's the heart of it.

Congrats to both you and Eisen on this month's victory, too.

:)

Nothing like taking over the DOTM thread... At least its over now. Still, I put the answer to this in the Gen-S thread so I don't feel like a goof.

Archived