Next Week's Raw Guest Host is...

SaySo

Sorry, even as a minority, I find him to be an incredibly annoying opportunist slime.

So's Jesse. So was Johnnie Cochran (shocker!). It's a soundbyte culture and his particular community specifically, is so fragmented that the only time you can feasibly get them to unite is for certain 'opportunities'. Otherwise, they're so apathetic, they can't even be bothered to vote most of the time.

Yeah, he's an opportunist. But so is 95% of CNN and Fox News and the AP and so on. Sometimes, Reverend Hairdo gets to me but then I remember that without squeaky wheels, a lot of stuff wouldn't even be acknowledged in this country. If I said 'Amadou Diallo', would you even remember who/what that is without Google or wikipedia assistance?

Besides, I can't say too much bad about him. NAN is a client of ours. :p

I don't know who that is...

No shame in that. He's mainly a stateside personality (specifically the Northeast and especially New York). He ran for President (laf!) but then again, so did Ralph Nader. :)

Yeah, he's an opportunist. But so is 95% of CNN and Fox News and the AP and so on. Sometimes, Reverend Hairdo gets to me but then I remember that without squeaky wheels, a lot of stuff wouldn't even be acknowledged in this country. If I said 'Amadou Diallo', would you even remember who/what that is without Google or wikipedia assistance?

Instantly. What happened to the poor guy will forever be etched into my mind as one of the single greatest injustices against a minority in New York City history. I remember the day after the verdict like it was yesterday. I had to be about ten years old, yet I remember sitting in class, furious, along with other students. Sharpton did nothing to contribute to me remembering that incident, in fact all I remember him doing was failing to get an appeal.

I don't blame the guy for that though, moments like those I could understand him putting his nose into, however he goes to the well more times than he needs to in terms of pulling out the old race card. This is only making HIM look like the racist and is actually causing more strain to racial relations than it would ever help. white cops shooting an unarmed black guy for pulling out his wallet is one thing, but he shouldn't get involved everytime a white guy fails to tip a black barista.

Ah... If only MLK were alive and hosting next weeks RAW...

I think Dr. King would have to much respect for himself to go on RAW.

And whenever I think of Mr. Sharpton, the first thing I think of is the Tawana Brawley controversy. To me Mr. Sharpton is one of the biggest opportunist in this country. I would put him right along side Rush Limbaugh as the two of them often make issues a lot bigger then they really should be (I am not saying that they do this all of the time).

Instantly. What happened to the poor guy will forever be etched into my mind as one of the single greatest injustices against a minority in New York City history. I remember the day after the verdict like it was yesterday. I had to be about ten years old, yet I remember sitting in class, furious, along with other students. Sharpton did nothing to contribute to me remembering that incident, in fact all I remember him doing was failing to get an appeal.

I don't blame the guy for that though, moments like those I could understand him putting his nose into, however he goes to the well more times than he needs to in terms of pulling out the old race card. This is only making HIM look like the racist and is actually causing more strain to racial relations than it would ever help. white cops shooting an unarmed black guy for pulling out his wallet is one thing, but he shouldn't get involved everytime a white guy fails to tip a black barista.

What's hard to believe, is that it was 10 years ago.

My opinion of Rev is different. I look at him now, and look at him back then and see, although the same man, a more mature man. I also believe someone has to do what he does. Everyone can't be MLK, we have to have our Malcome's as well, or things will be overlooked more then they should.

The world is everybit as bad as he thinks it is, and every bit as good as you think it is. Both exist, and it's hard for one extreme to see the other.

I think Dr. King would have to much respect for himself to go on RAW.

And whenever I think of Mr. Sharpton, the first thing I think of is the Tawana Brawley controversy. To me Mr. Sharpton is one of the biggest opportunist in this country. I would put him right along side Rush Limbaugh as the two of them often make issues a lot bigger then they really should be (I am not saying that they do this all of the time).

They really don't make the issue's big, the people that cover them make it big... "Look what this guy is saying now!". You see that same clip 1 or 200 times and it looks like they are doing more then they are. However, when it's non-controversial, and they are obviously right about something, there is hardly any coverage of it at all. So you only see the "extremes".

They really don't make the issue's big, the people that cover them make it big... "Look what this guy is saying now!". You see that same clip 1 or 200 times and it looks like they are doing more then they are. However, when it's non-controversial, and they are obviously right about something, there is hardly any coverage of it at all. So you only see the "extremes".

But what Sharpton and many others do is they SEEK that reaction from the media by blowing up things that shouldn't be that big of a deal. His tirades during the Don Imus (Nappy headed hoes) and the rugby rape scandal (several white players "raped" a black girl) had nothing to do with him and yet he made it his business to stick his nose in one scandal which was more sexist than racist and another that was a total lie. They are totally to blame in fact.

I won't deny racism still exists in our society; Hell all I have to do is look at how much Obama is spending on security and how many assasination attempts had to be foiled on the campaign trail alone. (for that matter, all I have to do is walk into a convinience store and watch the clerk stare me down) But you will never ease racial tensions by force. That is why Malcom X's "By any means nesesary" mentality would have never worked and it's also why Reverend Al Sharptons "Every crime on a black man is a hate crime." mentality will only drive blacks and whites further apart. You'll never get someone to accept you by fear; they will still hate you. I could get stared down by te clerk and while cursing him out may seem appropriate, showing him I'm just like everyone else would do much better, and make him look stupid while cursing him out would only reinforce his hatred or fear among minorities.

This I why I dislike Al Sharpton. While their is a need to get mad and throw chairs sometimes, he does it every time. He would curse out the clerk and make the rest of us look stupid in the meanwhile. He does me no favors. And knowing that what he's doing is only straining racial relations, I'm led to beleive he is just a selfish old man looking for publicity. This is why I groan whenever he shows up everytime a celebrity drops the N word.

But what Sharpton and many others do is they SEEK that reaction from the media by blowing up things that shouldn't be that big of a deal. His tirades during the Don Imus (Nappy headed hoes) and the rugby rape scandal (several white players "raped" a black girl) had nothing to do with him and yet he made it his business to stick his nose in one scandal which was more sexist than racist and another that was a total lie. They are totally to blame in fact.

I won't deny racism still exists in our society; Hell all I have to do is look at how much Obama is spending on security and how many assasination attempts had to be foiled on the campaign trail alone. (for that matter, all I have to do is walk into a convinience store and watch the clerk stare me down) But you will never ease racial tensions by force. That is why Malcom X's "By any means nesesary" mentality would have never worked and it's also why Reverend Al Sharptons "Every crime on a black man is a hate crime." mentality will only drive blacks and whites further apart. You'll never get someone to accept you by fear; they will still hate you. I could get stared down by te clerk and while cursing him out may seem appropriate, showing him I'm just like everyone else would do much better, and make him look stupid while cursing him out would only reinforce his hatred or fear among minorities.

This I why I dislike Al Sharpton. While their is a need to get mad and throw chairs sometimes, he does it every time. He would curse out the clerk and make the rest of us look stupid in the meanwhile. He does me no favors. And knowing that what he's doing is only straining racial relations, I'm led to beleive he is just a selfish old man looking for publicity. This is why I groan whenever he shows up everytime a celebrity drops the N word.

If I remember it was Duke Lacrosse and they were all acquitted of their charges.

Archived