Another WWE PPV name change?

GatorBait19

Wasnt the PPV World War 3 the one that had the 3 rings with wrestlers and War Games was with the double ring with the cage around it

Yeah. World War 3 was a PPV with a 3 ring 60 man Battle Royal. And War Games was a type of match in which 2 teams battled in 2 rings with a cage around it. It starts with 2 people then another joins every 5 minuets or so until all are in. Then the match goes until one team gives up.

Wasn't War Games an old WCW PPV?

War Games was an old WCW match, probably my favorite gimmick match of all time, but it was usually on the Fall Brawl PPV.

Does this mean The E is gonna bring back War Games though?

Positively dumbfounding that WWE might be doing something I might actually like...

What is this world coming to?

War Games was an old WCW match, probably my favorite gimmick match of all time, but it was usually on the Fall Brawl PPV.

Positively dumbfounding that WWE might be doing something I might actually like...

Think about it...they wouldn't be bringing back War Games, it'd be War Games in the WWE. With a PG rating. Trust me, you do NOT want to see that.

Multimania? Are you kidding me? I don't care for that name at all.

Also, I don't see WWE bringing back War Games. If they did, like people have said, it'd be a watered down version of it. They could probably use the name "War Games" just as an event title. I have no idea. I don't know what's going through The E's minds with all these horrible PPV names and gimmick events.

It sure would be a pipe dream though if they did bring back War Games and did everything the right way. Good times.

:)

Think about it...they wouldn't be bringing back War Games, it'd be War Games in the WWE. With a PG rating. Trust me, you do NOT want to see that.

You're right about that of course....

I saw the word War Games and visions of The Great American Bash 1987 flashed through my head...

:o

You're right about that of course....

I saw the word War Games and visions of The Great American Bash 1987 flashed through my head...

:o

I know what you mean, I had the same first reaction...I grew up watching those first War Games, I'd love to see it brought back if it was done right.

I know what you mean, I had the same first reaction...I grew up watching those first War Games, I'd love to see it brought back if it was done right.

Yeah War Games was one of my personal favorites as well. If WWF did bring it back they would not hold it in two rings because of the money that they would lose by doing so. Unless they have some smaller rings like TNA does when they do house shows.

I would also like to see a Scaffold match make a come back. Yeah those matches usually sucked, especially the one with P.N. News in it, but they always seemed cool.

War Games is brilliant, utter torment. The best/worst depending on how you saw it moment was when Curt Hennig slammed the steel cage door on 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair's head to force the abandonment of the Four Horsemen, with Hennig turning on the Horsemen to do it.

Some things to remember;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJPiOjyn6E

Now, you kinda know its going to happen when you watch the build up on the PPV, but the way they do it on Flair... my oh my... watch it from about 5:57 onwards

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/WCW+Fall+Brawl+1997/video/xa24lc_wargames-1997-pt2_sport

The heyday of WarGames come from NWA/Crocket in the mid 80's. Usually some configuration of the Horsemen vs Dusty and the Road Warriors. I've read that HHH is a huge mark for the match and wanted to try them in the WWE since the Evolution days, but that Vince doesn't like the idea.

I also agree a Wargames match without blood would be horrible

Emphasis mine.

Not possible to 'do it right' under WWE's current restraints. As said, if the match was 'dry' (i.e. no juice), it would blow chunks. Besides, a War Games match would basically just be the hardcore equivalent to the Survivor Series match (to the casual fan, at least).

Apparently I'm not as knowlegable on WCW gimmick matches as I thought, but is the blood REALLY that important?

I know with the recent Hell In A Cell PPV, there were complaints about the lack of blood, and blood certainly could have helped a match, but I don't think it was the be-all-and-end-all. Blood is a tool. It adds drama depending on the context of the match. The REAL crime of the HiaC PPV was the lack of stories that involved the Cell. With the exception of DX/Legacy, they didn't use the environment to create drama and therefore wasted a gimmick.

The same would be true for a WarGames match. Even without blood, if you tell a good story that properly uses the rules, it could be really good. Blood would make it better, sure, but it wouldn't necessarily suck without it.

Apparently I'm not as knowlegable on WCW gimmick matches as I thought, but is the blood REALLY that important?

I know with the recent Hell In A Cell PPV, there were complaints about the lack of blood, and blood certainly could have helped a match, but I don't think it was the be-all-and-end-all. Blood is a tool. It adds drama depending on the context of the match. The REAL crime of the HiaC PPV was the lack of stories that involved the Cell. With the exception of DX/Legacy, they didn't use the environment to create drama and therefore wasted a gimmick.

The same would be true for a WarGames match. Even without blood, if you tell a good story that properly uses the rules, it could be really good. Blood would make it better, sure, but it wouldn't necessarily suck without it.

Agreed. I don't remember blood really in many war games matches. Not to say it didn't happen, but it didn't stand out in my memory. The telling of a story in the cage is what is awesome. The rules of the gimmick work very well.

Agreed 100 %.

Not that it matters, though, as WWE will make it suck with or without blood.

It could also mean the WWE are considering bringing back WCW as a fully fledged brand! The rumours have been running rampant.

Archived