TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

The purpose of the journal is to peak people's interest around the time of release, next year. It really does not matter to me whether people have been "blown away" yet - in November, potentially months away from the release, after a small amount of announcements - all that matters is how people feel about the game when we reach the end of the journal.

Yep. I assume that your plan is to gradually build up interest and then when we get closer to release date you'll reveal all the mind-blowing announcements! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a mod maker or a player who uses mods, I'd have already creamed my pants and been headed to the shower.

Having said all that, I like to play Cverse and only Cverse. The early entries were nice and I'm sure there will be several more that I like a lot. Right now, except for the Outside Media thing, the last 2 weeks have been ho-hum for me.

That's cool as others have been able to get messy pants over the last 2 weeks. There is enough TEW 10 for us to share.

I'm hoping it's ready for us to get to play late January, early February. As I want to start a new game and right now all I do is mess around in 08 with no real direction.

If I were a mod maker or a player who uses mods, I'd have already creamed my pants and been headed to the shower.

Having said all that, I like to play Cverse and only Cverse. The early entries were nice and I'm sure there will be several more that I like a lot. Right now, except for the Outside Media thing, the last 2 weeks have been ho-hum for me.

That's cool as others have been able to get messy pants over the last 2 weeks. There is enough TEW 10 for us to share.

I'm hoping it's ready for us to get to play late January, early February. As I want to start a new game and right now all I do is mess around in 08 with no real direction.

My thoughts exactly.

#20: Promotion Momentum

Nice! Already like it very much as I'm going to presume that my promotion will be having high momentum.. Until a failed heel turn and gimmick change :mad:

There's the first twenty additions as four weeks have now passed and we have already have had really big changes in the game, especially in the mod making. I'm just as anxious to see the next twenty. :)

Promotion Momentum. Believe it or not, I don't think I've even thought about this one before, (maybe I have, but it's been a long and eventful Thanksgiving, I can't recall it right now), but it just seems like such a natural idea. TEW2010, to me, is really shaping up too be an awesome experience.

This is a really cool feature.

:)

OK, now this is seriously really good. I always fealt that having just "popularity" wasn't enough for promotions and this is exactly what I feel will fix it. Take the WWF in 1994. It was popular, it had name value, when people thought of wrestling they thought "WWF, you know the thing Hulk Hogan does!" but as far as momentum goes, the WWF was going nowhere. And signing Hogan really put WCW on the map in the summer of 1994, as well as Nash and Hall in 1996. My one question is that does whoever you have as Champion affect promotion momentum?

Absolutely one of my favourite features so far, I must say. Good one, Adam!

I'm assuming that if you buy out a rival promotion your momentum will also increase, just like what happens with Prestige.. Or possibly if you steal a worker from a promotion that you are in war with, the momentum would rise some extra because of the War pact?

[shameless plug]Check the first post to see the table of contents of the Dev. Journal, provided with links to each update. :)[/shameless plug]

I'm assuming that if you buy out a rival promotion your momentum will also increase, just like what happens with Prestige? Or possibly if you steal a worker from a promotion that you are in war with, the momentum would rise some extra because of the War pact?

I suppose it depends on who you steal? If it's a big name, we already know it increases momentum, but if it's Alex Wright, I don't see any reason why it should increase your momentum? Just my thoughts.

I do like this new feature, it does seem quite good and will enhance the game for me for sure :)

Loving the build up to 2010 atm, most likely will have this game as part of my birthday presents and just cheers to Adam and the other devolopers for making this :)

I really love all this new features/updates expecially Momentum and dirty Sheet. I think it will means the game will be more based on concourrency and war between Promotions. I think (and I hope) will be more difficult to rise from local fed to National/global. It will be really useful for Real Mods.

PS

None of you will like to see some changing in Financial? It seems to me that Feds earns too much money. In the same time, they don't use this to grow or have more famous workers.

None of you will like to see some changing in Financial? It seems to me that Feds earns too much money. In the same time, they don't use this to grow or have more famous workers.

Oh, sure. But this isn't the suggestion forum. Changes to finances have been suggested there on a few occasions and Adam reads everything that is posted there. We'll just have to wait and keep reading the journal.

I'd certainly like to see it made easier to make money at Cult... :o

But I digress. I really like this feature. The way I play, with an effectively non-televised B-show, would probably cost me momentum as I'm running a strong (C+/B-) and a weak (D/D+) show each week, but playing the game 'properly' should see momentum really effect how companies interact.

I'm also curious if a hot smaller fed might get an advantage moving into new territories - mid 90s ECW playing to crowds outside of Philly springs to mind, but also WWF in the early/mid 80s where they hired all the best wrestlers and mounted an agressive expansion that had them white hot by the time Wrestlemania rolled around...

I like it... but it isn't it similar to how 'Prestige' was used in TEW08? One example: If a worker fails a test and you don't do anything about it, the "outside world" could find out and your prestige would take a hit.

Obviously, momentum will probably change a lot of over time and prestige stays the same for a long period of time. From the Dev Journal update, it seems like it's taking some of the functionality away from the prestige grade. Just curious what the differences between the two are?

Obviously, momentum will probably change a lot of over time and prestige stays the same for a long period of time. From the Dev Journal update, it seems like it's taking some of the functionality away from the prestige grade. Just curious what the differences between the two are?

You know how many of the criticisms of mid-to-late WCW contain phrases like "the product was already starting to be weaker, but the sheer momentum of success meant that no one realized"? Promotion momentum, I'd guess, will be like that.

Prestige governs which of two promotions a worker would rather work for. (I'm aware of no other effect.)

A hot promotion's events will quite possibly appear better than they would be with less momentum because the fans want to be at your SWF event as well as wanting to see Steve Frehley.

Of course, this is conjecture.

Of course, this is conjecture.

And since we're already doing that, I'm kind of thinking/hoping that momentum is tied into the popularity of certain styles of wrestling and their commercial viability at that time. It would add to the sense that it's harder to gain traction as an American lucha libre company than a Mexican one.

Archived