TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

As nobody has ever bothered telling me that such an problem exists, no.

It was an early patch of TEW 2008. It happened a few times, since I never tried it again. I'll create a new game later today and see if it still happens.

I know the procedures on reporting, I just haven't visited the forums in a while (until recently with the whole 2010 buzz). If it still exist, I will post it up. Thanks for addressing my post.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was an early patch of TEW 2008. It happened a few times, since I never tried it again. I'll create a new game later today and see if it still happens.

I know the procedures on reporting, I just haven't visited the forums in a while (until recently with the whole 2010 buzz). If it still exist, I will post it up. Thanks for addressing my post.

Don't bother, I've fixed it now.

I have a quick question about masks.

Is it to simulate masks for mask vs mask matches for lucha promos, or is it a way of say have a Suicide-like character in your promotion, but they get injured, but then have someone be able to take over said gimmick without it being too obvious, or both?

Very good and exciting additions, the rest of the list.

However, I am HUGELY dissapointed that there's no NWA-style umbrella federations. :(

Btw, since the betas seem to be allowed to answer questions now... will tag teams set to 'none' in regards to promotions now show up in all promotions? That would be a small, but grand addition... always hated how I had to eg. add The Steiner Brothers as a tag team in every promotion, instead of them just being viable for them all.

I have a quick question about masks.

Is it to simulate masks for mask vs mask matches for lucha promos, or is it a way of say have a Suicide-like character in your promotion, but they get injured, but then have someone be able to take over said gimmick without it being too obvious, or both?

That's a very interesting question! However, I think it is for Mexican mask vs mask matches. It would be cool to have the option of transfering the mask/character to someone else with all the prestige the mask has. Maybe something like this could be created/added in the future for something like the Elementals/Optimus characters in the Cornellverse. For example: Creating a brand new Elemental (Elemental IV?) and because he is carrying the mask/character/pedigree of the Elementals he has a boost in popularity, but if he fails to live up to the name (bad matches, etc.) he gets some backlash for it (like loss of prestige for the character of Elemental). Kinda reminds me of what happened in real life with the Tiger Mask character during the Koji Kanemoto days.

But yeah, I think transfering the mask/character is impossible.

Btw, since the betas seem to be allowed to answer questions now... will tag teams set to 'none' in regards to promotions now show up in all promotions? That would be a small, but grand addition... always hated how I had to eg. add The Steiner Brothers as a tag team in every promotion, instead of them just being viable for them all.

:confused: They've worked exactly as you described since TEW07 I think... but the AI doesn't always put every team together, often because of a disparity in card position, alignment or just because it has enough teams already.

I'm losing track of all the questions... to be honest, pretty much everything can be answered easily by waiting the next few days for the demo and giving it a whirl. It's one thing us telling you about it, but it's easier for you to see it. No point in describing a picture to you when you can see it yourself VERY SOON! :D

That isn't necessary - I suggest you play around with tag teams a bit more, as you don't seem to have quite understood what the feature does.

I had my lunch at 12 today (UK time) and the journal is usually up by then so was a bit disapointed, then when i get home WOW!

Its sad to see the journal go as it makes me have something else other than my lunch to look forward too.

Ive put a half day in on the 20th in hope that its released early lol if its 23:55 on wednesday i wont be impressed :p

That isn't necessary - I suggest you play around with tag teams a bit more, as you don't seem to have quite understood what the feature does.

I've played around with them plentily, but I must be some kind of moron then. If I want to be able to use, as in my example above, The Steiners as a tag team with preset name and finisher in a promotion I run, I have to set them specifically to that promotion (though I have noticed that the AI sometimes use them regardles, which is good at least) - or I have to make the team from scratch everytime. Neither option is all that great, imo.

Say I play WCW in 1996, with several tag teams that used their name in more than one promotion (and thus aren't listed as WCW tag teams): The Steiners, The Road Warriors, The Nasty Boys - perhaps bringing in Public Enemy from ECW... I would have to either re-enter all these teams from scratch, with names, year of creation and finishers - or duplicate them for all promotions I'd like them to be selectable for (which would be a lot of work and shouldn't, again just in my opinion, be necessary).

But like I said... perhaps I'm just a moron who has misunderstood it all, in which case I'd love for someone to explain it to me. :confused:

I've played around with them plentily, but I must be some kind of moron then. If I want to be able to use, as in my example above, The Steiners as a tag team with preset name and finisher in a promotion I run, I have to set them specifically to that promotion (though I have noticed that the AI sometimes use them regardles, which is good at least) - or I have to make the team from scratch everytime. Neither option is all that great, imo.

I suggest you bring your issues up in the suggestions forum at a later date, as this is not the appropriate thread for it. For reference, the change you are suggesting is not in TEW2010, as I think it would be an extremely poor alteration.

For reference, the change you are suggesting is not in TEW2010, as I think it would be an extremely poor alteration.

Thank you for the clarification, that was all I wanted to know.

(Though I don't get why you consider it to be a poor alteration to have the possibility for default tag team names as there are default character names, but like you said: not the place to discuss).

MASKS!! The one thing I've wanted more than ANYTHING else. :)

Lots of other nice looking features/improvements, particularly stuff like PM incidents, the improved talent trade stuff, owners blocking fed relationships, being able to focus guys in development... wow!

Multi Tag Tolerance: In multi-man tag team matches, there is now more tolerance regarding complaints about losing; a main eventer, for example, will be OK with his team losing if the team-mate taking the fall happens to be a lower midcarder and the winning team is of an appropriately high level.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In real life this is almost always exactly how such tag matches go down, and it used to bug me a little that in the older versions of TEW the main eventers would complain even though it was the lower card worker being pinned.

This, the floating titles addition, moral objections, and the chance to remove the chemistry booking penalty means I'll be buying 2010

Archived