The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm sorry but that match was fantastic. Everyone was booked perfect in that match because Lesnar didn't lose any momentum to Reigns. Reigns looked like a believable underdog (The only person in the WWE that Reigns would actually look like an underdog going against) and we seen a star born out of Seth Rollins. In that match figuratively everyone won!

Sheamus to me is really bland. And hotshotting the title around is pretty messy in this day and age. If it was 1998 that would not surprise me in the slightest but I don't see that kind of knee jerk reaction plausibly happening and being able to be pulled off. Shemus going up against D-Bry at Mania is not a bad idea but there is no earthly way I could ever see or justify Daniel Bryan winning that match given his track record on staying healthy.

If they could possibly make Kevin Owens come out strong that would be a fantastic match but given Kevin Owens current fued with Ambrose it wouldn't be plausible.

I do have something that would shock and awe everyone....Stone Cold Steve Austin have him come out in the Rumble at 30 and eliminate Reigns. Reigns wins a number 1 contender match at Fastlane. Mania main event is Reigns vs. Austin and it makes Reigns into a made man at Wrestlemania while giving the Rattlesnake a great sendoff in his home state....Book it Vince!

I think Rollins winning was a plan change by WWE to not have the fans pelt the ring with garbage. As for Austin Vs Reigns? No just no! I don't want to see one of the greatest of all time job to a talentless hack in his home state no less.

I think Rollins winning was a plan change by WWE to not have the fans pelt the ring with garbage. As for Austin Vs Reigns? No just no! I don't want to see one of the greatest of all time job to a talentless hack in his home state no less.

How is that a Job? Austin is almost 50 and would be given one last run with the belt as a thank you for his contribution to the company! I think it would be a great contingency plan and they need a way to legitimize their new guard. Reigns can take that rub while they have time to build a credible heel to take him on. I think it would be win for everyone since they have a depeleted main event scene. I would also be in favor of maybe giving Kofi a shot afterwards and win by shenanigans.

BTW I'm impressed with the new announcing shake up on Smackdown....I'm loving the new announcer and going to echo the praise of everyone else.

I hope not Lesnar Vs Reigns was terribly booked last year and sucked, we need something new and fresh, not a rematch of a terrible Wrestlemania main event.

I hated it when Reigns was booked into those situations. I never liked him and I never will. Dean Ambrose could be pushed to main event Wrestlemania if they wanted too. Have Sheamus win the title back then drop it to someone like Ambrose or Ziggler at WM. Maybe do an Elimination Chamber match at Fast Lane to determine the number one contender. If he could still go I would say Daniel Bryan and have him get revenge for WM28. It sucks that likely won't happen, would be a hell of a lot better than Reigns Vs Lesnar II. WWE should book the League of Nations as a dominate heel stable, like Evolution.

War, I don't really care for reigns either, though I don't share your abject hatred, but how are you going to say that WM M/E was crap. Was one of the better M/E in the last 5 years, come on man, your better than that.

Anywho, caught smackdown today and I'll jump on the marco bandwagon, I thought he was great. He really does add a big match feel, particularly to the semi M/e and M/e. Interested to see where he goes from here.

War, I don't really care for reigns either, though I don't share your abject hatred, but how are you going to say that WM M/E was crap. Was one of the better M/E in the last 5 years, come on man, your better than that.

Anywho, caught smackdown today and I'll jump on the marco bandwagon, I thought he was great. He really does add a big match feel, particularly to the semi M/e and M/e. Interested to see where he goes from here.

I also want to credit him for not falling into the trapping of calling Dean Ambrose The Lunatic Fringe...thank you MR!

Edit: I just finished Smackdown and I want to say that I enjoyed it from top to bottom! That little change in flavor surprised me in how much I could enjoy the show. I haven't liked an announcer this much since Joey Styles!

Really loved Mauro's commentary. I never watch Smackdown, but I was curious to see his style. I wasn't really paying attention until the women's match and man was he great. I heard moves called and Charlotte described as a heel and Becky as a face. It was beautiful. It turned a decent match into a really good match. Only thing I didn't like was when Owens took a powder when Ambrose tried to give him Dirty Deeds and Mauro described it as Owens was regrouping. That's a good guy term.

When a heel takes a powder, it's getting too hot in the kitchen, Mauro!

Crownsy you said it yourself Warhawk has blind hatred for regins and nothing he ever does will be acceptable. He could pull a 5 star match out of Kali and Giant Gonzales and warhawk will either say it was still crap.

Yep, I was one of the guys who learned that the hard way...

Over last night and this morning I went back and watched the 06, 07 and 08 Rumbles and one thing I've never understood from a psychology standpoint is why people stop another guy from being eliminated. Unless you're tag partners with someone, why would you purposely go stop someone from eliminating someone else. The goal is to win the damn thing and main event Mania.

For example, if HBK was in the process of eliminating Ric Flair, had him teetering on the top rope etc why would The Undertaker then come at HBK with a forearm to the back? It seems foolish and is one thing I've never been able to understand. Again, that wasn't a real scenario, just an example with names eveybody knows.

It seems the only time this doesn't happen is when a guy like Big Show or Viscera used to come in. Damn near immediately everybody would stop what they were doing to eliminate the giant because the biggest guy realistically would pose the biggest threat.

Anybody have any insight on that?

Over last night and this morning I went back and watched the 06, 07 and 08 Rumbles and one thing I've never understood from a psychology standpoint is why people stop another guy from being eliminated. Unless you're tag partners with someone, why would you purposely go stop someone from eliminating someone else. The goal is to win the damn thing and main event Mania.

For example, if HBK was in the process of eliminating Ric Flair, had him teetering on the top rope etc why would The Undertaker then come at HBK with a forearm to the back? It seems foolish and is one thing I've never been able to understand. Again, that wasn't a real scenario, just an example with names eveybody knows.

It seems the only time this doesn't happen is when a guy like Big Show or Viscera used to come in. Damn near immediately everybody would stop what they were doing to eliminate the giant because the biggest guy realistically would pose the biggest threat.

Yeah that's always annoyed me too. It happens in Elimination Chambers and other multiman matches as well. Drives me insane.

One of those logic defying we're supposed to suspend our disbelief moments that WWE has relied on way too often lately.