The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I agree, I was more saying in general than say Bray specifically. With ratings down one has to wonder if the next time those television deals come up if the contracts are going to be so lucrative.

That would be the main concern. Not sure how they supplement that with other content. Is that when VKM steps aside? He'll be 80ish when that happens, right?

On the Braun/Bray being draws I can certainly see it, but it underscores something funny - booking and workrate seem to have no bearing on people getting over. Some people just seem to click with the fans.

Adam Cole's contract was up and nobody in the company noticed lmao

This company is a mess right now

All reports say it expired after the Great American Bash event, but a short term extension was reached that goes through SummerSlam weekend. Has that changed?

I heard this on a Youtube video, Cultaholic I believe, that WWE isn't looking to make someone the next Cena/Rock/Austin/Hogan/ etc. Their goal now is to make the COMPANY what you go to see, no matter whom they have on their roster. They don't want to make anyone that popular because then they can leave and go to hollywood/UFC/ etc. which would stop making THEM money.

Dunno if it's true, but it would explain a few things. I do feel bad for Alexa Bliss because you KNOW some tools are going to blame her for whatever reason for getting Bray fired.

Not sure where you're getting your information, but everything I read was that he signed an extension through SummerSlam weekend.

Your both right

What is being reported is his deal is up, but he agreed (because Triple H asked him to) to work through summerslam weekend to at least finish up the current fued.

He may still resign is the word, he's close to hunter and HBK and apparently likes being the face of NXT. Or he may move on

but jesus, can you imagine the negotiating power you just handed him by apparently forgetting he was up? you should have locked him up MONTHs ago

What i've seen is that the reason Siemens was quietly fired a few months ago (guy in charge of contracts in NXT) is he literally just didn't know Cole was up, and Cole being a good business man, just didn't say anything until the deal was already up.

now he's a super hot Free Agent lol

Not sure where you're getting your information, but everything I read was that he signed an extension through SummerSlam weekend.

crownsy explained the situation pretty well. His contract expired and he agreed to keep working through Summerslam.

There were reports that he rejected a few offers from WWE.

On one side, it seems like he really likes working with Hunter and Michaels. He did everything he could in NXT and there's no reason not to bring him up to the main roster. The problem is that there's a big chance he is going to be running after the 24/7 belts with all the other geeks in no time.

On the other side, he could go to AEW where his girlfriend is world champ and the company is run by his friends. He could work New Japan and everything else on the side too.

Whatever he chooses, he is still young and is a pretty smart dude.

Your both right

What is being reported is his deal is up, but he agreed (because Triple H asked him to) to work through summerslam weekend to at least finish up the current fued.

He may still resign is the word, he's close to hunter and HBK and apparently likes being the face of NXT. Or he may move on

but jesus, can you imagine the negotiating power you just handed him by apparently forgetting he was up? you should have locked him up MONTHs ago

What i've seen is that the reason Siemens was quietly fired a few months ago (guy in charge of contracts in NXT) is he literally just didn't know Cole was up, and Cole being a good business man, just didn't say anything until the deal was already up.

now he's a super hot Free Agent lol

Ask Jeff Jarrett about maximizing your negotiating power and how long the WWE memory is. I wouldn't burn that bridge either. I'd make sure if I left it was on the best possible terms.

Apparently Pete Dunne's contract situation is similar to Adam Cole's and he has yet to resign. I'm not the biggest Adam Cole fan as my post history reflects, but he's the face of the brand for better or worse and letting him AND Dunne go is huge. Dunne is one of the best in the world in ring and his heel run has really let him show his personality for the better.

There are so many alternatives out there now that staying in WWE/NXT isn't the only option anymore.

Ask Jeff Jarrett about maximizing your negotiating power and how long the WWE memory is. I wouldn't burn that bridge either. I'd make sure if I left it was on the best possible terms.

Why would taking a better offer burn bridges?

It's not like he's on bad terms, and all rumors are he's open to resigning if the deal is right

Vince respects businessmen. All Adam Cole did was make a good one. If some idiot lost track of my contract while I was basically the face of a brand, i wouldn't bring it up until I didn't have a 90 day no compete either lol.

There's no indication Cole is a moron like Jarret. not sure where this analogy came from.

It's not like he's on bad terms, and all rumors are he's open to resigning if the deal is right

Vince respects businessmen. All Adam Cole did was make a good one. If some idiot lost track of my contract while I was basically the face of a brand, i wouldn't bring it up until I didn't have a 90 day no compete either lol.

There's no indication Cole is a moron like Jarret. not sure where this analogy came from.

The whole Jarrett holding Vince up for money was supposedly concocted by Chyna. Jarrett has repeatedly said he was only ever paid what he was already owed and that his negotiations were always pleasant. Vince even gave him stock options the day he debuted on Nitro.

Was Jarrett being a moron though? His contract was up at the time, he was well within his rights to ask for some cash to do the Chyna match. They wanted him to job to her, he wanted to be paid for it rather then just doing it cause VKM asked nicely.

I liked hearing Jarrett's side on his My World podcast recently. By his account it was mostly getting his money before he left... but he did admit to inflating the figure, due to a pay cut he had to take previously. I wouldn't call him a moron, but I also dont think he's as shrewd a businessman as he thinks he is.

I liked hearing Jarrett's side on his My World podcast recently. By his account it was mostly getting his money before he left... but he did admit to inflating the figure, due to a pay cut he had to take previously. I wouldn't call him a moron, but I also don't think he's as shrewd a businessman as he thinks he is.

Well I wasn't thinking he was a brilliant businessman or anything, but getting his cash before he left is hardly being a moron.

Well I wasn't thinking he was a brilliant businessman or anything, but getting his cash before he left is hardly being a moron.

This was not the point. The point was, that this action came around to bite him firmly in the rear when WCW folded and he had nowhere else left to work. You never know what the future holds. And Vince McMahon is a very stable genius. Working out the feud is probably the option I would take as well. And who knows, he might re-sign. I think he'll never rise above where he is in NXT, and if he's in WWE he'll get buried 6ft in mud. But that's his decision, not mine.

<p>Another round of releases. These are the names so far:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TV TALENT</strong></p><p>

Asher Hale</p><p>

Ari Sterling</p><p>

Bobby Fish</p><p>

Bronson Reed</p><p>

Jake Atlas</p><p>

Koana Reeves</p><p>

Leon Ruff</p><p>

Mercedes Martinez</p><p>

Tyler Rust</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>PC TALENT</strong></p><p>

Giant Zanjeer</p><p>

Stephon Smith</p><p>

Zechariah Smith</p>

<p>I don't watch WWE much anymore but holy must I be out of touch because out of that list I have only heard of Bobby Fish, Leon Ruff, and Mercedes Martinez. </p><p> </p><p>

I never really saw Bobby as being someone who fit in with the WWE, I am shocked he was there as long as he was. I could see him ending up in AEW. Or maybe going back to ROH or New Japan. Hell, I would not mind seeing him in MLW. I think he would be a good fit there.</p>

Some surprises, I thought they were doing something with Bronson Reed, but WWE brought in way too much talent a few years ago, and now they're cutting down to what they need. I have a little more sympathy for these guys than I do when millionaire main eventers get dropped. Hopefully Bobby Fish saved his money. He had to know at his size/age/style he wasn't going to get a big main roster run. With indies starting back up he should have his pick of them.

PWInsider is reporting that NXT is going to be repackaged with a new logo, etc with a new focus on younger talent.

I'm sure USA is going to LOVE that...:rolleyes:

I still think it worked really well when it first debuted on the Network, and some time after. Circa Cesaro/Sami, with a few vets sprinkled in like Tyson Kidd.

Not an age thing, but it was a very Indie feel and let some guys shine that are just not WWE guys (Tyler Breeze had the perfect gimmick for that, and it just wouldn't translate to Raw/Smackdown. Bull Dempsey was another).

Some of these are head scratchers - Reed? Wasn't he getting called up supposedly? Fish was up in age and often hurt, but I really liked the pairing with O'Reilly. Didn't help he was hurt when UE broke up so there was no involvement from his part. I didn't like Rust's look, and only saw the one match recently and didn't particularly stand out, but not everyone can be a short stop or center fielder, there are roles for different people on the card. Ruff was somewhat prominent not long ago, but I think the mileage on him is limited given the look/gimmick.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PWInsider is reporting that NXT is going to be repackaged with a new logo, etc with a new focus on younger talent.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So they're going to be phasing out Gargano, Cole and co. And going back to the FCW model.</p>

So like NXT used to be. I can't really explain why i stopped watching. I like Gargano.

I hardly know anyone from that release list (Martinez & Fish). MM was too old to get anywhere apart from a random 'indy dream match'.

I also wouldn't describe Vince as a genius. He was a visionary and a great businessman who took a risk. And it turned out right because he was surrounded well. I guess it might take a genius to pick the right staff. Let's just say he's succesfull.