The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

7 hours ago, FellaLibby said:

I just checked and yes, they are light heavyweights... Somehow.

If memory serves, that was the game after they did the story where Spike and the Dudleys were feuding with Taker, and Taker was mopping the floor with all of them. I believe THQ/ Jukes did the weight classes to reflect that, even if it didn't make a lick of sense (Bubba Ray is like 300 lbs!).

2 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

No contest would be logical, in my opinion.  WWE doesn't do elimination style Triple Threat matches after all, otherwise Triple H could be DQ'd and eliminated.  Not super fond of DQ finishes myself but they should be a thing sometimes, if only to provide the illusion that there are rules and consequences for breaking those rules.

And that's fine, but it should be used sparingly. AEW doesn't rely on DQ finishes or no contests very often.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2023 at 6:16 PM, Matt_Black said:

And that's fine, but it should be used sparingly. AEW doesn't rely on DQ finishes or no contests very often.

Because the main complaint there is that refs are (willfully?) oblivious to what's happening and have no control whatsoever. Perhaps the pendulum swings too far in that sense.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 6:16 PM, Matt_Black said:

If memory serves, that was the game after they did the story where Spike and the Dudleys were feuding with Taker, and Taker was mopping the floor with all of them. I believe THQ/ Jukes did the weight classes to reflect that, even if it didn't make a lick of sense (Bubba Ray is like 300 lbs!).

Instead you have talent breaking rules in front of the refs or staying outside the ring for minutes at a time and no repercussions. The AEW refs look like idiots 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 6:26 AM, CQI13 said:

Because the main complaint there is that refs are (willfully?) oblivious to what's happening and have no control whatsoever. Perhaps the pendulum swings too far in that sense.

Agreed. And i think even the suggestions here to drastically reduce it are also swinging too hard in another direction. I mean, these kinds of shady things need to happen in some way or form always, cause it's pro wrestling and heels gotta be heels, now obviously that doesn't mean they should be overdone. A more balanced and less insulting way to do them would be good, and obviously not relying too much on it, but not to the point where we need a legal commission to decide something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CQI13 said:

Andrade is rumored to be headed back to WWE, maybe as soon as tonight? Does he join Santos Escobar and create a serious stable to go up against the LWO? Not sure where he would slot in.

I'm not sure Andrade will or should join Santos as I think they are a bit too encompassing in one stable. Santos needs to be the leader of the group to solidify his relevance on the main roster, and I don't see how Andrade can be below him in the hierarchies. Maybe the other way around? I mean LWO kinda needs him as their top man, maybe leaving Rey Mysterio more as a occasional presence. Zelina is also in there!

Or maybe he'll just stay on Raw lol wouldn't mind him vs Gunther for the Intercontinental title down the road.

Edited by Wrestling Machine

9 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I'm not sure Andrade will or should join Santos as I think they are a bit too encompassing in one stable. Santos needs to be the leader of the group to solidify his relevance on the main roster, and I don't see how Andrade can be below him in the hierarchies. Maybe the other way around? I mean LWO kinda needs him as their top man, maybe leaving Rey Mysterio more as a occasional presence. Zelina is also in there!

Or maybe he'll just stay on Raw lol wouldn't mind him vs Gunther for the Intercontinental title down the road.

Yeah, I thought about him being in the LWO after - you make some good points. He just seems like a much better heel than he does face. 

And I guess we're getting Rock vs Roman? What awful news, really. Unless Rock is staying for a few months, it telegraphs what's going to happen. It would make no sense for Rock to beat Roman either. Not a fan. If we can make it happen prior to WM I'd be OK with it. Gives Roman the rub (I guess). Just not a fan, really.

• Like 2

Just a solid if unspectacular Raw to kickstart the year. I don't think Priest looked very smart just sitting by the barricade when Rollins had gone through hell while Priest got hit by a single Claymore. Wonder if they pivot to making Cody chase again quickly after finishing the story if Rock isn't threatening that direction.

Some pretty good women wrestling on Day 1! My countryman Giovanni Vinci said that he's fine, great news.

For me Rocky's return was pretty meh, I think there were really better ways for him to come back. I don't know when they will do Roman vs. Rock, of course is Mania caliber match, but having the Elimination Chamber in a 70K stadium may be a good spot too. I just know that it would be criminal not to have Cody Rhodes win the WWE title in the upcoming months.

Haven't watched NXT yet, but saw a clip of Wilde's crazy leap. Man, I love that dude. I've followed him since his Ohio/PA indie days and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in my tum tum to see him doing well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Leave it to Triple H to come up with a way to have a No Contest/ DQ finish in a Triple Threat match.

The match never officially ended, Aldis got sick of the interference and made the 4 Way...

On 1/6/2024 at 2:59 AM, Matt_Black said:

Leave it to Triple H to come up with a way to have a No Contest/ DQ finish in a Triple Threat match.

Not sure if serious or not... you say that as if these sort of things were never used for the purpose of advancing stories before. And this one was pretty obvious. From searching just my memory, i can remember how such things were used as well in days like Ruthless Aggression and such. Was even worse in AE, iirc. Not sure if it is being that overused now in comparison, but at least this time it did make some sense.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, shawn michaels said:

Not sure if serious or not... you say that as if these sort of things were never used for the purpose of advancing stories before. And this one was pretty obvious. From searching just my memory, i can remember how such things were used as well in days like Ruthless Aggression and such. Was even worse in AE, iirc. Not sure if it is being that overused now in comparison, but at least this time it did make some sense.

It's lazy. Just like when the Hell In A Cell between Roman and Strowman ended in a No Contest when Brock showed up.