The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm glad I was right when I said they're building to HHH vs. HBK. I wonder if they're going to give the tag team titles to Punk and Festus or MizShow. Probably Punk and Festus, I would guess.

I guess the only question with the Bret/Vince thing now is if it'll be a singles match, Cena vs. Batista with Bret and Vince in their corners, or if Bret can get in the ring and make it a tag match. To the person that said Bret must be broke...please. :rolleyes:

Now we have to wait and see what they do with Undertaker and maybe the WWE title. I know Jericho vs. Edge seems so obvious, that match has probably been set for WM since June, but I wonder if they'll go with Edge vs. Sheamus and Jericho vs. Undertaker. I doubt it, but it wouldn't be the first time WWE swerved us. And I know he's not going to pick the ECW Championship to go after, but last I checked it is an option and the current ECW Champion is...Christian. I hope they'll at least hint at the possibility tonight.

I don't know how they plan on having this Legacy breakup play out, but it seems like the fans are pretty set right now on Orton being the face.

Assuming Jericho wins the World title to set up Jericho vs. Edge, I'm struggling to figure out who will challenge Undertaker's streak. I'd like to see CM Punk do it, but he seems to have his own program going right now and there's a lot of talk about Punk vs. Mysterio. I think the sleeper here could be Dolph Ziggler. They're clearly trying to make him seem dangerous with his domination of Kane.

As for the WWE title...right now I have to think that Triple H is going to win it at EC and defend it against HBK. I can't imagine it being Sheamus vs. Kofi or some other midcard match. Even making Orton-DiBiase a triple threat including Sheamus and the title would really be an insult to the company's top prize.

Anyone care to sum up what has been happenin on ECW quickly?

All I know is that Christen is still champ and has been feuding with Yoshi I think i know he was feuding with Yoshi but I dont watch ECW too much I'll be watching tonight though just to see what vince will I read it might be a name change droping the letters ECW with some major changes but idk

I thought Christian was feuding with Regal's Beagles, (Zeke Jackson and Vladimir Koleslaw). He was last time I checked anyway, though I'll admit it's been a while for me too.

:o

IDK I thought they were having trouble between Kozlov and Jackson and they were going to feud but I could be wrong

What is going on ECW some of you have asked well here is a simple rundown

Croft and Beretta are feuding with Goldust and Tatsu

Ryder is calling himself the Heart of ECW after defeating Tommy Dreamer and is feuding with The Hurricane

Christian and Big Zeke have been feuding ever since Jackson won the ECW Homecoming.

Vance Archer and Shelton Benjamin are feuding

Koslov has turned face from what I can tell after Jackson and Regal turned on him.

I think its for the best. I believe Vince had a vision in mind to make three large brands. With the success of the ONS pay per views and the DVD flying off the shelves and the E C Dub chants I think Vince wanted to bring it back.

That being said guys like Sabu and Sandman are not WWE guys they were brought in mostly to give a rub to guys like CM Punk, Elijah Burke, etc.

Things kid of fell apart for the ECW brand right away. RVD and Sabu got busted with pot, Heyman walked out of the promotion, Kurt Angle left, etc.

I think for the third brand the idea was for the ECW name along with RVD and Kurt Angle were supposed to be the star power. With the biggest stars on the brand both having some sort of drug/legal issues Vince took over writing it and proceeded to clean house.

I like ECW as as it is. It mixes veterans like Regal, Finlay, Chrisitan in there with guys that need to learn how to perform on weekly television. It gives them a chance to try out characters and give guys bigger pushes than they'd normally recieve before bringing them onto RAW or SD.

Having the ECW name is just sort of silly at this point. There is nothing extreme about it and why should there be. I personally hate hardcore wrestling and think it works best when you take a "regular" match and sprinkle "hardcore" elements into it. Tables, chairs, blood, etc.

I don't have a problem calling it WWE NXT their not exactly brilliant when it comes to naming their television shows. RAW is a good name but I still have no idea why they took the Rock's catchphrase and made an entire television show and video game series around it. Sure it was a great catchphrase but it was his catchphrase not the WWE's.

Anyway I'm looking forward to it I'm guessing new championships after they just red did the ECW twice in the last year.

Well, Vince announced that ECW will be officially gone in three weeks. In name only, of course.

WWE NXT... I think someone on some forum suggested just that, I can't remember exactly.

If the name sounds familiar, it's because it already exists. There's an NXT indy wrestling company in Scotland, apparently. So they're not the only clowns that think it's logical to shorten Next Generation to NXT.

I don't have a problem calling it WWE NXT their not exactly brilliant when it comes to naming their television shows. RAW is a good name but I still have no idea why they took the Rock's catchphrase and made an entire television show and video game series around it. Sure it was a great catchphrase but it was his catchphrase not the WWE's.

Where did that catchphrase originate? Was it said on Nitro or Raw? Was it said in WWE or WCW? Who book that guy to say it? Hmm, they aren't good at naming their TV shows. Raw was good. The other one was a catch phrase. And ECW wasn't brilliant because if it was, it wouldn't have financially destructed in 2001.

- Bret Hart looks horrible. The guy is reduced to being held by Batista and no fight back what so ever? After seeing this I really hope he doesn't wrestle at Mania. I hope it is Batista vs Cena with McMahon and Hart in their corners. Maybe a spot where Hart puts Vince in the sharpshooter and thats that.

This is hilarious.

You really expect a 50+ year old survivor of a stroke to be some awesome physical specimen? Especially given the fact that he wasn't one in his prime? The man is blessed to even still have full motor function.

You cannot be serious. Do you not know how this all works?

And ECW wasn't brilliant because if it was, it wouldn't have financially destructed in 2001.

Yeah! I mean it's not like WWE took most of ECW's concept and used it as the basis for the most popular era in its history. :rolleyes:

Honestly, people amaze me with how they can't seem to separate a concept from its execution. Paul Heyman was a creative/artistic type. Anyone who has worked with or employed people like that will tell you that you must keep them on a leash or they'll burn through money/budgets without a second thought. Ever hear the term 'starving artist'? Now, ever hear the term 'starving banker' or 'starving hedge fund manager'? Why?

Maybe that statement should read 'ECW wasn't brilliant because WWE didn't think of it first'. Would probably be more honest that way.

Do I know how what works? I'd love for you to fill me in since apparently your blessed with knowing how whatever it is works.

He's pointing out that you don't seem to understand that The Rock belonged to the WWF. His gimmick, all his catchphrases - products of the WWF. He was booked as a character in their promotion. WWF/E own the term "Smackdown", it doesn't matter who said it on their show.

And on top of that, their biggest star is going around saying Smackdown near enough every time he has a mic in his hand. So you have Rock saying Smackdown, a show called Smackdown, a game called Smackdown... that isn't lazy or coincedental; it's building a brand. It would have been silly to not use an established name for their video games. The show not so much but it was certainly easier to use something that was already established within WWE/F.

I read an article on the whole NXT thing and its going to be Next Generation b/c they will be bringing up all new never before seen workers that people can watch and grow with ONLY on SyFy. This was at least the TV pitch to SyFy b/c they are unhappy with the ECW ratings as they have dropped from 2.8 down to 1.0 now. So they are changing the name and product as a whole since right now the current product is people that basically used to be part of RAW/SD! but are now shunned to ECW and they kept taking growing ECW stars and moving them to RAW/SD

Of course bringing on board totally unknown guys from developpment to fill the show is going to move the ratings up. Specially if they all use vampire, trekkies and other sci-fi inspired gimmick. :rolleyes:

Well, when people complain that they've seen Orton vs Triple H/Batista/Cena or some combination of those, then perhaps seeing new people might be a draw. And considering they will have Danielson and any number of other internet darlings, those who want to see that now will have a chance to. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not.