The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I see Ted being the most likely to be a future World champ out of alot of the new talent. Give him one feud outside of legacy (including Rhodes) the he can hold the Midcard title, and in 3 years the World. The reason I put so much time on it is b/c he needs to lose his young baby face look that Orton had as well, now that he has matured he can pull of that serious look (heel or face) where both Rhodes and DiBiase still look really young.

But I am minimally related to the Rhodes family so have to do root someone, I tracked it down since Dusty is from the same area my Granpa grew up (guess what my last name is? :p ) and if those stupid online things are right its like three or four parts off (like a 3rd/4th cousin type deal)

Really emotional goodbye for Shawn.

Silly viewers on the Raw streams constantly comparing his goodbye to Flair's. Sure, his was.. say more out there, but this isn't a damn competition. And at least Shawn himself said what he had to say.

And that basically tells it. He says he won't wrestle again.. part of me still thinks he'll give one last shout in like, three years, but even that looks doubtful now. Good-bye, HBK.

I cant say I like Orton as a face right now. The E is lacking a heels and they turn their top 2 heels a face in a matter of months.

We need a huge twist like Cena or Undertaker turning heel.

I really dislike that all of the top stars are faces right now.

Jericho does a great job as a heel but isnt that destructive heel that I like.

I gotta start watching Smackdown, the only people I care about in WWE is CM Punk and Chris Jericho. Everyone else is painfully boring to watch except for here and there I something looks cool, like orton punting people dead.

How long has Cena been a main event face? I swear this whole move back to PG programing is just a ploy so that Cena's turn can usher in Attitude Mach 2. And if it's not, it should be.

I cant say I like Orton as a face right now. The E is lacking a heels and they turn their top 2 heels a face in a matter of months.

We need a huge twist like Cena or Undertaker turning heel.

I really dislike that all of the top stars are faces right now.

Jericho does a great job as a heel but isnt that destructive heel that I like.

Batista?

Batista?

I dont get real excited about him. I'm not sure if its how hes booked or if it is just him.

I like Punk as a ME caliber heel. I forgot about him.

Im a big fan of old school booking and I like the face overcoming all odds storylines. When the top performers of the company are all faces we dont get this type of storyline.

I dont get real excited about him. I'm not sure if its how hes booked or if it is just him.

I like Punk as a ME caliber heel. I forgot about him.

Im a big fan of old school booking and I like the face overcoming all odds storylines. When the top performers of the company are all faces we dont get this type of storyline.

I have to disagree if only because the the top performers AREN'T all faces.

Jericho and Punk have been stellar, and I know you're not excited about him but Dave is doing his best work in years since turning heel.

Orton can't be heel...not with the current product. He's just getting too many pops from the crowd.

Jericho and Punk have been stellar, and I know you're not excited about him but Dave is doing his best work in years since turning heel.

Orton can't be heel...not with the current product. He's just getting too many pops from the crowd.

I originally had the top faces of the company were all faces and that didnt sound right so I changed it to performers which isnt exactly right either.

I guess what I mean is that the way they have been booked Undertaker, Orton, Cena, and Triple H are capable of winning any match while guys like Batista, Punk, Edge and Jericho are usually the feeders. It gets very uninteresting when the results are so predictable.

For instance when Cena vs Batista was booked it was highly likely that Cena was going to win at WM where as if you book Cena vs any of the other 3 its a coin flip.

I am against the majority but I felt this last HBK/UT match was better than last years simply because i knew Undertaker would win last year while this year despite the fact UT was the huge favorite they had me believing until the very end that HBK might actually pull it out.

It depends on which way you look at it. Of the three "main events" only Cena winning was predictable I'd say. Edge vs. Jericho was a surprise and who knew about UT vs. Shawn. I do get your point where right now the faces are the "dominant" guys. I think your looking for that dominating heel that guys like Trips usually play

I disagree, only if partly. He SHOULD be able to get heel heat from this product... it's just that fans don't care what WWE wants in this case, partly, and partly because they booked him in a way where he would get cheered.

It all started when he started punting the McMahons. Seriously, did anyone think this was a great way to gain heel heat? When people think of Vince McMahon, they don't think of "Old Man", they think of "VINCE MCMAHON". When people think of Stephanie McMahon, they don't think "young woman", they think of "STEPHANIE MCMAHON". It just doesn't work. It sort of worked with Shane McMahon, but it felt more like the next-in-line for a McMahon beating.

Haha what was that sign about? Purely random or is there some fishstick connection I am unaware of?

South Park reference. Fishsticks = Fish Dicks.

"Do you like Fishsticks?"

"Yeah"

"You like putting Fishsticks in your mouth?"

"Yeah"

"What are you, a gay fish?"

The episode's plot involved Kanye West being the only person on Earth who didn't get the joke, and thought people were making rumours about him. I don't know whether they signmakers made the connection of Batista doing the Kanye ripoff at the Slammys or not, but either way I thought the sign was very funny!

It depends on which way you look at it. Of the three "main events" only Cena winning was predictable I'd say. Edge vs. Jericho was a surprise and who knew about UT vs. Shawn. I do get your point where right now the faces are the "dominant" guys. I think your looking for that dominating heel that guys like Trips usually play

You would be correct! I like the dominating heel and it seems like it has been ages since the WWE had one of these. Orton was pretty good but he still lost too many matches.

I'd love to see a heel go on a 6+ month streak kicking the crap out of everyone. When that face finally beats a guy like this then the match has meaning.

WWE books their heels to look so weak at times.

I'm not sure if it is because the fans have become so impatient but in the past the WWF was great at booking a year in advance. Right now it just seems like everything is thrown together 2 hours before the show.