The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Normally I'd agree with you. For example, I'm not a fan of TNA reuniting The World's Greatest Tag Team because it's looking to the past instead of the future. Where I think Edge & Christian are different is that they've been apart for a good 8 years, and in that time their characters have developed and evolved in major ways. Edge became the ultimate opportunist and married Vickie Guerrero, and is an altogether more volatile and unpredictable character than in the happy-go-lucky E&C days. Christian... well they can't mention his TNA thing, but he changed too. More confident. Less creepy. Bottom line, they're different people now, and the relationship wouldn't be a re-hash, a nostalgia act, a kazoo-infested montage of 5-second-poses. It would be weirdly different, like talking to your old high school friends at a reunion. There's drama there that excites me.

... but I will concede that I'm biased. I love Edge & Christian, and I love the idea of main event tag teams. My desire for a reunion isn't a rational one, it's not about 'good for business' or even 'good drama'. It comes from the irrational heart. I loved their team. I want to see it again. Nothing more. Nothing less.

P.S. I'd also enjoy Brothers of Destruction. Again, Main Event tag team, and the only time I've enjoyed Kane is when he was around his brother.

Actually you made an excellent point. I spent the last 3 day talking to my high school friends whom i hadn't heard of in 11 years and i can understand what you mean. Also agree on what you say about kane. And Edge is my #1 now that HBK is gone, and i also dig Christian a lot, so maybe it could actually be both: good for us and for the business.

There would be much more potential in bringing back Edge and Christian than they did with DX anyway. With E&C there's a multitude of ways you can go with them, they could both be super heels or super faces. Considering their position in the card, there's so many places to go, even beyond the tag team titles.

I'm all against nostalgic acts that are needless, which is probably what you meant. I mean, suggestions like bringing back Brothers of Destruction(rather prefer this once-in-a-blue-moon deal they have with Taker and Kane now) or a bWo rehash or a comedy Goldust push I can understand, but Edge and Christian can still go, and they're a major angle away from making it happen. Well not now that is. But either way, it will happen soon enough, sure of it.

There would be much more potential in bringing back Edge and Christian than they did with DX anyway. With E&C there's a multitude of ways you can go with them, they could both be super heels or super faces. Considering their position in the card, there's so many places to go, even beyond the tag team titles.

I'm all against nostalgic acts that are needless, which is probably what you meant. I mean, suggestions like bringing back Brothers of Destruction(rather prefer this once-in-a-blue-moon deal they have with Taker and Kane now) or a bWo rehash or a comedy Goldust push I can understand, but Edge and Christian can still go, and they're a major angle away from making it happen. Well not now that is. But either way, it will happen soon enough, sure of it.

Say what? I kind of got lost there. Slang such as blue moon deals is not part of my english vocabulary yet. :D

And yes, i was talking about needless nostalgic acts. but i can agree on the E&C potential.

I'm fine with E and C not returning. It's not like it's necessary. I do think it's a shame they turned Edge in such a way, but what's been done is done.

What my concern is that RAW is way too stack in terms of stars. Guys like Miz and Morrison have no room to breathe. On the other hand, SD doesn't have enough to draw fans in.

For those who doubted they were eventually getting rid of the brand split, there is stronger evidence now.

I'm fine with E and C not returning. It's not like it's necessary. I do think it's a shame they turned Edge in such a way, but what's been done is done.

What my concern is that RAW is way too stack in terms of stars. Guys like Miz and Morrison have no room to breathe. On the other hand, SD doesn't have enough to draw fans in.

For those who doubted they were eventually getting rid of the brand split, there is stronger evidence now.

I seriously doubt they are getting rid of the brand split. They haven't even debuted SD on ScyFi and you are already killing it? Vince would never do something like that, cause he need Sd. He loves money and droping Sd would hurt his pocket. Edge's turn was...how can i put this? Preposterous!

You are mistaken. I never said he would drop SD. I'm saying he might drop the brand split. Those are two distinct things.

Just so we are clear, he can keep SD, but drop brand split if he wanted. Actually, he could also do vice-versa, but that wouldn't happen, unless something forced his hand.

If anybody is interested I found a link for a cheap, wink wink, version of the Kendrick and London shoot interview, send me a pm if you want it.

That is a bizarre but very entertaining shoot but also covers a lot of pretty interesting things. I popped huge for London talking about Richard Hoagland conspiracy theories (why do stoners ALWAYS go in for that sort of nonsense?)

That is a bizarre but very entertaining shoot but also covers a lot of pretty interesting things. I popped huge for London talking about Richard Hoagland conspiracy theories (why do stoners ALWAYS go in for that sort of nonsense?)

Hey now, not all theories are bs.

Hey now, not all theories are bs.

Did I say they were?

I just recognized a correlation between above average marijuana use and a propensity to take an interest in outlandish conspiracy theories. I popped for it though because I was somewhat familiar with the Hoagland theories and know they are hilariously odd.

Did I say they were?

I just recognized a correlation between above average marijuana use and a propensity to take an interest in outlandish conspiracy theories. I popped for it though because I was somewhat familiar with the Hoagland theories and know they are hilariously odd.

My bad. I know Hoagland well, as I listen to Coast to Coast. Some things he says, ok, maybe. But, did you hear the Phobos theory? I saw the pics, but, I wasn't on anything, so, maybe I'm missing the obvious metallic look. Hah.

My bad. I know Hoagland well, as I listen to Coast to Coast. Some things he says, ok, maybe. But, did you hear the Phobos theory? I saw the pics, but, I wasn't on anything, so, maybe I'm missing the obvious metallic look. Hah.

Yeah, I love his stuff like the phobos story which is why the thought of Paul London being into Hoagland seemed so awesomely strange yet somehow fitting. Him and Brian Kendrick just hanging out being stoners and discussing ridiculous theories about artificial moons, amusing times.

Yeah, I love his stuff like the phobos story which is why the thought of Paul London being into Hoagland seemed so awesomely strange yet somehow fitting. Him and Brian Kendrick just hanging out being stoners and discussing ridiculous theories about artificial moons, amusing times.

Now THAT should be a DVD.

No..I was about to post the same thing...his feud with Trips got him over and his promos are getting better and better. The accent works, he comes off as a 'take on all comers' bad ass and he's grown in leaps and bounds over the last six weeks or so.

I'm totally sold on him now.

I could see him looking strong but just missing out. If Bats didn't have a title match coming up, maybe he would beat him.

Ahh. I didn't realize he had a title shot coming up. I don't follow as much as I wish I did but that makes more sense. Having him look good (which he has) is really awesome. Batista is selling the submission moves a lot and making him look good.

Would be nice if a (upper)midcarder beat him before he left. Morrison?

Yeah. I was looking at it in 'TEW terms' as I like to say.