The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

So I am doing some youtube'n for Brian Pillman, because well Brian Pillman is af'n awesome. Anyway I stumbled across a Mean Mark vs Brian Pillman match from 1990. i have to say Undertaker is the luckiest sumbitch alive. Just think if he came into WWF as Mean Mark instead of the UNdertaker, he would of been so bland.

For what's it's worth, miz won MITB at MITB so thus has until July to cash it in

that would be a year right?

Depends, on if they do another one at WM I would think.. so don't know.

I didn't see it, don't know if he had a year, or had till March.

He's not getting Taker's streak though. IF that kind of wrestlecrap happens, I'm switching to just watching TNA, lol. At least I can expect that there.

I hope this 2.37 rating signals to creative that the nexus thing is over, they weren't that intimidating to begin with and they lost skip as thier "strong guy"...

Raw needs to end the nexus angle, and salvage barret and gabriel. I actually don't mind the annonymous GM thing (crappy voice aside), but you need to start a storyline soon that uncovers who it is.

I actually don't mind Orton/Shemus fueding, but the Nexus is just stalling the show, which ALREADY has a huge stall in the GM laptop.

Hopefully this sunday sets the tone.

Wants from sunday for raw:

-nexus gone or you better have a real interesting angle planned for Cena in it and going heel

- DB wins in such a way that Miz is freed from the U.S title hunt so he can focus on the case. it's more a hindrance than a plus to him.

- show us SOME progress towards uncovering who the GM is. we get it, he's anonymous. it's become monotonous. time to have someone make some progress towards figuring it out.

9/27 Raw Ratings BreakDown

Source - PWTorch

Last night's episode of WWE Raw scored a 2.37 overall rating, which was down 15 percent compared to last week's previous year-low 2.80 rating.

The demographic numbers we'll post in a follow-up report show Raw was affected greatly by the Packers vs. Bears Monday Night Football game on ESPN, which was one of the most-watched cable TV broadcasts ever.

Raw averaged 3.80 million viewers over the course of the show, down 3.0 percent compared to last week's lowest viewership total of the year. Raw's first hour averaged 3.72 million viewers and increased to 3.88 million viewers in the second hour.

Raw TV viewership was the lowest in nearly three years dating back to 3.75 million viewers for the Christmas Eve episode on December 24, 2007.

Looking at the Raw TV ratings, the last time Raw had back-to-back episodes below the 3.00 benchmark was nearly two years ago. The Oct. 20 and 27, 2008 episodes each scored 2.90 ratings.Last night's episode of WWE Raw scored a 2.37 overall rating, which was down 15 percent compared to last week's previous year-low 2.80 rating.

-----Key Demographic-----

Raw scored a 1.80 rating among males 18-49, which was down from a 2.29 rating on last week's show. It's worth remembering last week's Raw was the lowest-rated of the year prior to last night.

Looking back one month, the August 30 Raw scored a 2.85 rating among males 18-49. Last night's Raw was down a full rating point in the demographic and 37.0 percent in the comparison.

Among males 18-34, Raw scored a 1.64 rating, down from a 1.92 rating last week. The Aug. 30 Raw scored a 2.47 rating in the demographic, which represents a 34.0 percent decrease from the Aug. 30 Raw to the Sept. 27 Raw.

The following is a break down of six key demographic ratings we track with the ratings for last night's Raw compared to the August 30 Raw one month ago prior to Labor Day and the start of the fall season, including Monday Night Football on ESPN.

-- A18-34: down 32.9% vs. Aug. 30

-- A18-49: down 35.3% vs. Aug. 30

-- M18-34: down 33.6% vs. Aug. 30

-- M18-49: down 36.8% vs. Aug. 30

-- M12-34: down 32.0% vs. Aug. 30

-- M12-17: down 28.9% vs. Aug. 30

You guys also have to take into consideration the HUGE monday night football game. Packers vs. Bears rivalry game with both being 2-0.

Im not going to blame them until I see what they do against Patriots vs. Miami.

Maybe Im being biased but Im NEVER watching RAW over my Packers. Especially this season. I did switch over a few times tho.

2.74 cable rating according to PWI. Again IF this becomes indicative of how they will match up against MNF then the E has definitely lost popularity. Will it effect their income etc yet? Probably not yet. Will it cause them to change their programming?

Only once the loss in the demographic becomes so big that it negates their income from kid friendly sponsors and the low risk simple storytelling strategy they are using so far (aka Stephanie Booking, which compounds the fact that it is unlikely to change,) is seen to be non preferable.

Source Impact Wrestling

– WWE’s creative department has not been spending as much time with Vince McMahon as they have in the past. It is said that a lot of work is being done via e-mail as opposed to actual meetings.

In related news, the majority of the creative writers are said to be pleased that Stephanie McMahon is out on maternity leave.

“It’s one less hurdle,” said a company source. “Plus, Vince isn’t as tense when she’s not around.”

=====

Source - Ringside News

Vince McMahon has gone back and forth on the time frame for unifying the World Heavyweight Championship and the WWE Championship, reports the Pro Wrestling Torch. At times he has wanted the unification to take place within 30 days, but company officials have urged him to wait until WrestleMania XXVII.

Many within the company feel they need to place the titles on the proper people and position them strongly in order to make the unification match a major event.

Though McMahon has come off adamant about unifying the titles, no one has ruled out the possibility of the WWE Chairman having a change of heart.

2.74 cable rating according to PWI. Again IF this becomes indicative of how they will match up against MNF then the E has definitely lost popularity. Will it effect their income etc yet? Probably not yet. Will it cause them to change their programming?

Only once the loss in the demographic becomes so big that it negates their income from kid friendly sponsors and the low risk simple storytelling strategy they are using so far (aka Stephanie Booking, which compounds the fact that it is unlikely to change,) is seen to be non preferable.

So many people in a booking team - but look - there's the bosses daughter! Let's pin it on her. After all, the evidence is all there :rolleyes:.

Fiine, before you start she aint no Heyman. But that's quite irrelevant.

Source Impact Wrestling

– WWE’s creative department has not been spending as much time with Vince McMahon as they have in the past. It is said that a lot of work is being done via e-mail as opposed to actual meetings.

In related news, the majority of the creative writers are said to be pleased that Stephanie McMahon is out on maternity leave.

“It’s one less hurdle,” said a company source. “Plus, Vince isn’t as tense when she’s not around.

The bolded intrests me. Maybe some tension between the McMahons?

Stephanie McMahon Levesque Profile from WWE Corporate Website:

http://corporate.wwe.com/images/StephanieWebPhoto6.10.jpg

Stephanie McMahon is WWE's Executive Vice President, Creative Development & Operations. She is responsible for overseeing the creative process for all television and pay-per-view programming as well as directing and producing at WWE televised events. Stephanie also oversees all aspects of talent management and branding as well as live event booking and marketing. Her prior position was Senior Vice President, Creative Writing.

Stephanie began her career with WWE as an Account Executive for the WWE sales office in New York City, while at the same time becoming a television personality on WWE programming.

In 2009, Stephanie was recognized as one of the most powerful women in cable by CableFax magazine.

Isn't she the head booker? Isn't that where the buck should stop?

playing devil's advocate, the recent drop in ratings has come since she was out of the loop on maternity leave correct?

one could make the counter argument that without her the booking team is even more incompetent than usual, leading to Edge v Laptop.

Source - Ringside News

Vince McMahon has gone back and forth on the time frame for unifying the World Heavyweight Championship and the WWE Championship, reports the Pro Wrestling Torch. At times he has wanted the unification to take place within 30 days, but company officials have urged him to wait until WrestleMania XXVII.

Many within the company feel they need to place the titles on the proper people and position them strongly in order to make the unification match a major event.

Though McMahon has come off adamant about unifying the titles, no one has ruled out the possibility of the WWE Chairman having a change of heart.

Translation: VAGUE!!!

"Something might happen, but it might not. And if it does happen, it could be at any time".

Can you imagine *actual* news sites reporting BS like this? Honestly. This is the easiest crap to come up with.