The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Think Jericho said he would be touring around that time. The build for WM and WM itself. So it's unlikely.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> no, the tour starts next month. Rumor sites are reporting that creative has been told to have something ready to go for Jericho in 4-5 months and WM, so take from that what you will.</p>

I thought the same exact thing when Orton put him out. I full expect Jericho to come back and take on Orton. I don't see Orton being a heel again by then though. They could even stretch it out with "mystery" attacks for several weeks before Jericho would even have to really be back.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought the same exact thing when Orton put him out. I full expect Jericho to come back and take on Orton. I don't see Orton being a heel again by then though. They could even stretch it out with "mystery" attacks for several weeks before Jericho would even have to really be back.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think at this point you have to bring jericho back as the old school Y2J.</p><p> </p><p> The crowd reactions over the last 6 months have pretty much assured it.</p><p> The've almost accidentally turned him twice, and he gets huge face pops every time they tease it (like when he almost came back and shook cena's hand on team raw)</p><p> </p><p> He's reached that level that alot of older performers have where the crowd is uncomfortable booing him and knows they don't have alot of time left to see him preform (if he even resigns, not a given.)</p><p> </p><p> They want to see the old y2J one last time.</p><p> </p><p> If he comes back, i expect it to be as a face, or at least as the old school Y2J "jackass heel"</p><p> </p><p> they even teased this at the end with the losing streak with comments like "what can he change to compete with these young guys, need's to do something new to pick his game up, ect, ect."</p><p> </p><p> What's more "new" than coming back as Y2J instead of the honest man heel gimmick?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>no, the tour starts next month. Rumor sites are reporting that creative has been told to have something ready to go for Jericho in 4-5 months and WM, so take from that what you will.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the interview I was talking about:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.wrestlingvoice.net/2010/10/exclusive-chris-jericho-interview-fozzy-wrestlemania-27-third-book/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.wrestlingvoice.net/2010/10/exclusive-chris-jericho-interview-fozzy-wrestlemania-27-third-book/</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is the interview I was talking about:<p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.wrestlingvoice.net/2010/10/exclusive-chris-jericho-interview-fozzy-wrestlemania-27-third-book/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.wrestlingvoice.net/2010/10/exclusive-chris-jericho-interview-fozzy-wrestlemania-27-third-book/</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> mabey there doing another tour later this year.</p><p> </p><p> Or it's a red herring by chris to screw with the net, like when he professed to be at a calgary football game or something the night after NOC then surprised the rumor sites by showing up for raw.</p><p> </p><p> At this point I'll just wait and see, he may not even resign with WWE at all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>mabey there doing another tour later this year.<p> </p><p> Or it's a red herring by chris to screw with the net, like when he professed to be at a calgary football game or something the night after NOC then surprised the rumor sites by showing up for raw.</p><p> </p><p> At this point I'll just wait and see, he may not even resign with WWE at all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed, should have added that if Jericho is speaking the truth here lolz. Or being vague on purpose. But that kinda rings true for anything on wrestling lolz.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think at this point you have to bring jericho back as the old school Y2J.<p> </p><p> The crowd reactions over the last 6 months have pretty much assured it.</p><p> The've almost accidentally turned him twice, and he gets huge face pops every time they tease it (like when he almost came back and shook cena's hand on team raw)</p><p> </p><p> He's reached that level that alot of older performers have where the crowd is uncomfortable booing him and knows they don't have alot of time left to see him preform (if he even resigns, not a given.)</p><p> </p><p> They want to see the old y2J one last time.</p><p> </p><p> If he comes back, i expect it to be as a face, or at least as the old school Y2J "jackass heel"</p><p> </p><p> they even teased this at the end with the losing streak with comments like "what can he change to compete with these young guys, need's to do something new to pick his game up, ect, ect."</p><p> </p><p> What's more "new" than coming back as Y2J instead of the honest man heel gimmick?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> But he will flame out quickly as old school Y2J...thats what happen this past time</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But he will flame out quickly as old school Y2J...thats what happen this past time</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dunno that was also down to the way they booked him at that time.</p><p> </p><p> PS Still followed all the E shows at that time.</p>

when y2j returns he will get a huge babyface pop... why ruin that for the fans who want to cheer him even if it only last a few months as face.. the fans have proven that they want to cheer him so why alter it? raws main event is very heel heavy and with the cena heel rumours and hhh want to be a heel again theres more room for a face jericho then a heel one right now

<p>At best, I'd want to see a one-off appearance as Y2J, ala appearing as 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho at that ECW One Night Stand show.</p><p> </p><p>

The Y2J character, to me, was a boy. An immature (but likable) guy in his twenties who liked loud music and rocking all night long. When he became the 'honest man' of recent time, he grew up. Chris Jericho became a man. A dull, super-serious man, but a man nonetheless. In returning to the babyface side, it's important for him to rediscover the sense of fun he had as Y2J, but fully reverting to that character would be... It would feel to me like a backwards step. Poor storytelling and character development.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, Y2K was a decade ago.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd like to see something new from Jericho when/if he returns. Perhaps a mixture of Y2J and his recent persona. Perhaps something completely new.</p>

At best, I'd want to see a one-off appearance as Y2J, ala appearing as 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho at that ECW One Night Stand show.

The Y2J character, to me, was a boy. An immature (but likable) guy in his twenties who liked loud music and rocking all night long. When he became the 'honest man' of recent time, he grew up. Chris Jericho became a man. A dull, super-serious man, but a man nonetheless. In returning to the babyface side, it's important for him to rediscover the sense of fun he had as Y2J, but fully reverting to that character would be... It would feel to me like a backwards step. Poor storytelling and character development.

It would look worse if it wasn't part of who he was. Around his return, they could show clips of his tours with Fozzy(they could use some promotion again). Cause the fact is he IS rocking it, or gotten back to. He could even say stuff like how he found his spirit back during his tour with Fozzy, realized how much of an assclown he's been, etc, etc. I mean, many face turns throughout the WWE cover a shady storytelling really. IMO, it wouldn't be something that sticks out to you like a sore thumb if they did it with Jericho. I'd expect a mixture of the two personas as well, probably keeping some of his heelish quotes to piss off his opponent, like "do you understand what I am saying to you right now"?

It would look worse if it wasn't part of who he was. Around his return, they could show clips of his tours with Fozzy(they could use some promotion again). Cause the fact is he IS rocking it, or gotten back to. He could even say stuff like how he found his spirit back during his tour with Fozzy, realized how much of an assclown he's been, etc, etc. I mean, many face turns throughout the WWE cover a shady storytelling really. IMO, it wouldn't be something that sticks out to you like a sore thumb if they did it with Jericho. I'd expect a mixture of the two personas as well, probably keeping some of his heelish quotes to piss off his opponent, like "do you understand what I am saying to you right now"?

WWE will just say the punt knocked some sense into him basically

John's kinda in a catch 22 there.

He is awful on the mic as a face, but entertaining as a heel.

But his move set screams face, not heel.

But man, he's awful on the mic as a face. so much so that it's keeping him solidly planted at the midcard level.

His only good "face" promo was making fun of Jericho after his win, which really was sort of a heel move, kicking you opponent when there down.

Now... To me he was never as popular as a heel. I can't remember a time when he was an actual single wrestler when he was heel.

To me, you have to really be good to be bad... A good guy can talk quietly and let their ringwork speak for them. As a Heel, you have to really put some attitude into it. You have to look really upset about the way things are going when it's not going your way, and very happy when things turn out in your favor... especially if it was a "Trick" to get it that way. He doesn't have this skill, at least he didn't. He never was a believable heel. He is a very believable face, and to me he is able to go between mid and upper midcard with ease, and even Main Event for TV. He can't Main Event a PPV, but he certainly has the skill required to headline a TV show. This is important, because as a heel, he's not.... He's Midcard at the VERY best, and goes between that and lower.

But he will flame out quickly as old school Y2J...thats what happen this past time

They needed a good heel, and CM Punk wasn't ready yet. The Main Event to me has to be top heavy with heels, because there isn't very believable heels in the Main Event. Orton turning Face kind of puts them in that predicament even now.... Kane and Punk cannot be the only believable Main Event Heels. Triple H will help, and Cena definately will help, but ...

Let me put it this way... A face works better if they have to go up against the odds to win. IF they don't, then it's just a good match. If say... You have Y2J as a face, go up against someone like Kane (in his current.... before HIAC match tonight, status), you have the ultimate story, David vs. Goliath.

I dunno that was also down to the way they booked him at that time.

PS Still followed all the E shows at that time.

/nod. They booked him only as a face for the return. By about three or four showings of him, you could feel the turn already coming... "HBK lied" etc.

<p>I just thought of something that makes more sense.....</p><p> </p><p>

Remember the CM Punk/New Breed storyline? When Punk joined, he ended up getting them to turn against each other... I'm thinking this is the "safest" thing they can do with this one as well. I'm thinking a repeat (and no, I don't know who won yet), if Cena loses and joins Nexus.</p><p> </p><p>

Sounds right to me, although I would much rather see a full turn.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just thought of something that makes more sense.....<p> </p><p> Remember the CM Punk/New Breed storyline? When Punk joined, he ended up getting them to turn against each other... I'm thinking this is the "safest" thing they can do with this one as well. I'm thinking a repeat (and no, I don't know who won yet), if Cena loses and joins Nexus.</p><p> </p><p> Sounds right to me, although I would much rather see a full turn.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ukk, the CM Punk in the New Breed angle was as subtle as a brick to the face. Literally the first week Punk came out to "aid" the new breed he was costing them wins. It really wasn't great story-telling.</p>