The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The GM hasn't done all that many things to be a flat out heel. Actually I cant remember anything that was heelish. They only came off as heelish because it was something done to a face.

In my opinion the GM a tweener if anything.

My point still stands, though. JIm Ross is a natural babyface. He can't even be a tweener. Fans just like the guy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He did a good job helping develop that Daniel Bryan fella.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Samoa Joe didn't turn out too bad either. And what about that CM Punk...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My point still stands, though. JIm Ross is a natural babyface. He can't even be a tweener. Fans just like the guy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah you have a good point. After it all blows over I don't think its going to end up being Jim Ross.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheKenwyne" data-cite="TheKenwyne" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Samoa Joe didn't turn out too bad either. And what about that CM Punk...</div></blockquote><p> Did Regal mentor those guys, too? I'd only heard about Danielson.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did Regal mentor those guys, too? I'd only heard about Danielson.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He also had a few words of advice for Nigel McGuiness early in his career. Nigel spoke of it in an interview I read.</p>

Yeah you have a good point. After it all blows over I don't think its going to end up being Jim Ross.

To add, they have made several failed attempts to turn him heel in the past. They all failed, mainly because... well, he had that righteous indignation about him. In other words, when he was claiming he was wronge,d fans agreed with him.

I remember when he kicked Cole in the privates, and the fans CHEERED. Granted, it was Cole, but kicking someone in the privates still quite rude. The fans LOVED Jim Ross. Hell, he said he had no loyalty to wWF in another failed heel turn, and the fans cheered.

I really doubt the WWE has anybody in mind for the anonymous Raw GM right now, and I doubt they have any plans to reveal who it is or end the angle any time soon. And nor should they. It's working incredibly well, it gives Cole a purpose...why change? If it's not broke, don't fix it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That computer is the biggest heel in WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think Vickie has any five people beat, easily... including the computer.</p>

I have enjoyed the attempts at the jr heel turns. When he brought in fake diseal and razor and built his own announcing desk infront of the other announcer table. Classic stuff........it failed but still very cool. I think he is just a natural face and people just can't hate him like others have said. What is there to hate about the guy to be honest?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alden" data-cite="alden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> What is there to hate about the guy to be honest?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A few things. His obsession with high school football and the size of wrestlers (I watched an old Royal Rumble from the '90s and I lost count of how many guys were 6'6" 300lbs!). Overall he's the kind of guy fans respond well to but I'd be lying if I said there weren't moments when I thought he came off as bit of a jerk.</p>

He has a total football stance to be honest yes but you have to remember where he comes from. Okalohoma and texas are two big football states. Friday night lights are a part of the culture. His boomer sooner stuff is what he is known for. I think the only real way he could turn would be to praise texas and trash his beloved sooners. It would get him over in texas though. So it would have to be done correctly.

<p>Isn't it impossible to be a heel from the south whilst wearing a cowboy hat? If he lost that and replaced it with a Heyman like baseball cap and took on a Rich Man gimmick I think he'd be getting plenty of boos in no time. </p><p> </p><p>

The one guy I think should've been pushed hard as a heel was Benoit. He couldn't talk so give him a manager and push him like the rabid wolverine he is, only coming out of his cage to fight and rip guys a new one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Genadi" data-cite="Genadi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't it impossible to be a heel from the south whilst wearing a cowboy hat? If he lost that and replaced it with a Heyman like baseball cap and took on a Rich Man gimmick I think he'd be getting plenty of boos in no time. <p> </p><p> The one guy I think should've been pushed hard as a heel was Benoit. He couldn't talk so give him a manager and push him like the rabid wolverine he is, only coming out of his cage to fight and rip guys a new one.</p></div></blockquote><p> He WAS pushed as a heel. The problem was, Benoit wasn't gimmicky enough. He was pretty menacing for a guy his size, which they eventually capitalized on, but that's about it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Genadi" data-cite="Genadi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Isn't it impossible to be a heel from the south whilst wearing a cowboy hat?</strong> If he lost that and replaced it with a Heyman like baseball cap and took on a Rich Man gimmick I think he'd be getting plenty of boos in no time. <p> </p><p> The one guy I think should've been pushed hard as a heel was Benoit. He couldn't talk so give him a manager and push him like the rabid wolverine he is, only coming out of his cage to fight and rip guys a new one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your scaring me with this kind of talk... After all, I'm patiently awaiting your 1987 mod....</p>

<p>I'd say it's pretty much 50/50 as to whether or not they actually know who the anonymous gm is going to end up being, if not 50/50 then more towards the end of them not having a clue.</p><p> </p><p>

The only thing is, it has to be a heel whoever it is. It won't make sense now for it to be someone like Austin, Shawn Michaels or anyone like that.</p><p> </p><p>

The things the gm has said that I remember, in particular when he bad mouthed Bret Hart would make it silly for it to end up being someone like Austin/HBK/Jim Ross. I just can't honestly think of who it could realistically be although for now it's doing its job getting everyone to hate Michael Cole. It could actually be him.</p>

<p>Saw this on wrestlezone.com:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is set to release a "Top 50 Superstars of All-Time" DVD and the following list of names has been revealed for the disc:<p> </p><p> 1. Shawn Michaels</p><p> 2. The Undertaker</p><p> 3. Steve Austin</p><p> 4. Bret Hart</p><p> 5. The Rock</p><p> 6. Harley Race</p><p> 7. Ricky Steamboat</p><p> 8. Andre the Giant</p><p> 9. Rey Mysterio.</p><p> 10. Roddy Piper</p><p> 11. Eddie Guerrero</p><p> 12. Triple H</p><p> 13. Gorgeous George</p><p> 14. Randy Savage</p><p> 15. Curt Hennig</p><p> 16. John Cena</p><p> 17. Ric Flair</p><p> 18. Dusty Rhodes</p><p> 19. Edge</p><p> 20. Jerry Lawler</p><p> 21. Lou Thesz</p><p> 22. Terry Funk</p><p> 23. Hulk Hogan</p><p> 24. Bruno Sammartino</p><p> 25. Chris Jericho</p><p> 26. Ted DiBiase</p><p> 27. Fabulous Moolah</p><p> 28. Freddie Blassie</p><p> 29. Randy Orton</p><p> 30. Pat Patterson</p><p> 31. The Iron Sheik</p><p> 32. Jimmy Snuka</p><p> 33. Mick Foley</p><p> 34. Kurt Angle</p><p> 35. Buddy Rogers</p><p> 36. Gorilla Monsoon</p><p> 37. Junkyard Dog</p><p> 38. Billy Graham</p><p> 39. Jake Roberts</p><p> 40. Big Show</p><p> 41. Jack Brisco</p><p> 42. Sgt. Slaughter</p><p> 43. Kane</p><p> 44. Nick Bockwinkel</p><p> 45. Jeff Hardy</p><p> 46. Dory Funk Jr.</p><p> 47. Bob Backlund</p><p> 48. Rick Rude</p><p> 49. Batista</p><p> 50. Killer Kowalski</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> First things first, if this list is in order it is a joke. Nobody can tell me that Shawn Michaels would rank the highest on this list. Yes he is probably one of the top workers on the list but he was never a household name like Hogan or The Rock. </p><p> </p><p> I understand why Sting did not make the list because he was working for TNA at the time. That being said Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle made the list and they were/are working for TNA. And there is no way Kane, Sgt. Slaughter or JYD were bigger superstars than Sting.</p><p> </p><p> And one cannot make the arguement that Sting never worked for him and that is why he is not there. Because to my knowledge neither did Lou Thesz or Nick Bockwinkel (in a wrestling sense I know he works for their OnDemand channel.).</p>