The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

well as far as North American female workers, Kong is obviously in the top as far as ability. And whether people who are indyrific crazy admit it or not, Nattie and Beth are also amazing workers.

I think most of the "indyrific crazy" people would agree with you. I certainly do. Not their fault that they don't get much of a chance to showcase themselves in the current WWE climate.

If WWE really has signed Kong--I'm pleasantly surprised. She seems to be pretty much the antithesis of what they normally look for in a "Diva". I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I am intrigued.

It was talent based not politics based wasn't it? At least put that after the name. EG can't fire her unfortunately because of Taker.

But you notice where she was on that list. Probably about where she would be if the booking could somehow be based totally on merit. Pipe dream for either gender in the E in the grand scheme of things. Still you gotta have someone who can polish all the new people's reputations for the E's audience. That even more so than the Taker thing is why you'd need Michelle. She might not be on everyone else's level. But it would take time for an E audience to catch on to that. They'd see it backwards. Like the new women weren't at McCool's level until given time to appreciate otherwise. As long as that's the case, you need her.

AND THEN there's the Taker thing on top of that.

Also the part where she's improved a great deal and has the athleticism and drive to hang with some of the top talents. Honestly from the vitriol from Hyde you'd think she was the second coming of Mongo McMichael, instead of a solid worker who has improved tremendously.

But where's Melina on that list?

Also the part where she's improved a great deal and has the athleticism and drive to hang with some of the top talents. Honestly from the vitriol from Hyde you'd think she was the second coming of Mongo McMichael, instead of a solid worker who has improved tremendously.

But where's Melina on that list?

Improving from crap to less crap is not a great improvement imho. Athleticism? WTF she is like a walking piece of cardboard imho. Still personal opinion.

Improving from crap to less crap is not a great improvement imho. Athleticism? WTF she is like a walking piece of cardboard imho. Still personal opinion.

I have to say that I feel Michelle gets a lot more flack than she deserves, she is better than most give her credit for IMO.

That's just your biased personal opinion. I realize PWI isn't completely objective but she did win female superstar of the year this year and is probably the top active heel in women's wrestling right now, period. I mean who else is even close? Tara? Madison Rayne?

Also I'm not sure if you just don't know what athleticism is or what. Do you make this same complaint when watching any sport with female athletes? Is gold medalist Kerri Walsh unathletic just because she's tall, thin and fit? Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova?

I have to say that I feel Michelle gets a lot more flack than she deserves, she is better than most give her credit for IMO.

She is still better than she is before... in fact, much better than before. But she still is very, very, very bad. Not Kelly-Kelly bad, but still very bad.

In fact, I'm more surprised how much better Layla has gotten. She's doing most of the ringwork, too. Color me shocked.

That's just your biased personal opinion. I realize PWI isn't completely objective but she did win female superstar of the year this year and is probably the top active heel in women's wrestling right now, period. I mean who else is even close? Tara? Madison Rayne?

Also I'm not sure if you just don't know what athleticism is or what. Do you make this same complaint when watching any sport with female athletes? Is gold medalist Kerri Walsh unathletic just because she's tall, thin and fit? Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova?

Here's the thing with her. Her ring-work, while bad, isn't the worst anyone have ever seen, even in the WWE (Jackie Gayda, anyone?). However, her mic work and her... I don't how to put this, except in TEW terms, "Acting", has gotten a lot better. For the WWE, that's more than good enough, and for their product and fo her card level, I'd say she's doing fine. It's not like they are making her do main event work, which I would expect A LOT more. She's in the middle card, and having Nattie or Beth carry the matches. That's fine with me.

Her problem is mainly her lack of durability. It's not really her fault... Genetics is a.. well, you know. I think this is why Layla does most of the wrestling (who, by the way, was actually worse than Michelle starting this year, but a lot better than her in terms of ringwork now).

She is still better than she is before... in fact, much better than before. But she still is very, very, very bad. Not Kelly-Kelly bad, but still very bad.

In fact, I'm more surprised how much better Layla has gotten. She's doing most of the ringwork, too. Color me shocked.

This is something I strongly agree with. Layla has come along in leaps and bounds and I don't mind watching her go against the likes of Natalya and Phoenix.

I'm not saying Michelle McCool is a master of technicality but all things taken into account I don't think she is that bad. I would still much rather watch a Lacey/Daizee Haze match but there you go.

Yeah, she's deserving of the PWI number one spot in the top 50. If it was politics that got her that number one spot, what does that say for AJ Styles receiving the male version?

This is something I strongly agree with. Layla has come along in leaps and bounds and I don't mind watching her go against the likes of Natalya and Phoenix.

I'm not saying Michelle McCool is a master of technicality but all things taken into account I don't think she is that bad. I would still much rather watch a Lacey/Daizee Haze match but there you go.

I want to add that, while Athleticism is important, it is not the always an indicator on how good a person might get.

I think Kelly-Kelly is way more athletic than either Layla or McCool, but her ring work is just... bad. She STILL isn't able to bounce off the ring rope properly.

Depends on how you define athletic. I look at flexibility and smoothness of movement. She has neither and it has nothing with being tall and thin and "fit". Rhaka Khan was more athletic then her. And no I would also have this opinion if I did not prefer TNA as you hinted at. I think Madison is also overpushed and Tara is past it.

Depends on how you define athletic. I look at flexibility and smoothness of movement. She has neither and it has nothing with being tall and thin and "fit". Rhaka Khan was more athletic then her. And no I would also have this opinion if I did not prefer TNA as you hinted at. I think Madison is also overpushed and Tara is past it.

If Madison didn't sound like a poodle violating a set of bagpipes I wouldn't mind watching her wrestle because she is improving a lot.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SaySo" data-cite="SaySo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, she's deserving of the PWI number one spot in the top 50. If it was politics that got her that number one spot, what does that say for AJ Styles receiving the male version?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ... You did not just compare AJ Styles to Michelle McCool. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LoNdOn" data-cite="LoNdOn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If Madison didn't sound like a poodle violating a set of bagpipes I wouldn't mind watching her wrestle because she is improving a lot.</div></blockquote> Not enough to deserve three different Knockout reigns over the course of 2010.

Again, athleticism, but while it is important, it's not ultimate indicator. Kelly-Kelly is athletic, but she hasn't improved enough even in her basic fundamentals for the WWE to even begin to seriously push her. Not that they don't try, but she's that bad. It's also the same reason why they don't push Rosa Mendez that seriously.

Layla has surprised me, though. She has taken almost most of the the sharpshooters AND Beth-faceplants. She must like this job more than I think she does.

I didn't say that athleticism was that important. It was in response to lazor saying McCool was athletic. McCool is just horrible and didn't belong in that list without the note, still there because of Taker and to have an established name. Also didn't know the list was in order of talent.

<p>I really hope that Cena does not have a major injury. It would suck.</p><p> </p><p>

I will always say that I've never been a fan of him but especially now he needs to be around for the Nexus angle to keep going with Punk.</p><p> </p><p>

Then again, if that happens I'm sure WWE will quickly be able to write a new storyline for Nexus and Punk to work against some other top face... maybe Orton?</p><p> </p><p>

Just throwing that out.</p>