The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I dont watch Smackdown (just because still haven'set my DVR frm th move toSyFy) but if its anything like Black Snow during the MEM in TNA its gold

Its not like Black Snow. He is trying to be more serious and being a mix of colour commentator and just a standard announcer. It also doesnt help that Michael Cole just contradicts everything Booker says.

You know what I want to see, actually? I want to see Taker against Barrett, have the Corre come out and Taker clean house. Then I want to see Barrett hit his finisher, maybe build a little more, maybe not, and then have someone interfere to make Barrett lose.

I know it kinda makes things unpleasant for previous folks who lost to Taker to have him decked out and win by interference, but I'd like to see Barrett get a certain amount of rub from Taker—though I don't think he deserves the streak.

Could just be me though. I might be stupid. :o

Wrestlemania...

Here's my thoughts on what I think they should always do.

They should have the most popular/biggest draws fight (heel vs. face). They should always do this unless it would mean a repeat. Younger guys that aren't as popular and don't draw as much should be used for lower card positions at Wrestlemania. They should have a chance to shine all by themselves without the bigger names. The Main Event title's to me should always be a power thing between the biggest names. There is no reason you should be worried about giving someone a rub during Wrestlemania in the Main Event title scene. This should be left for lower level cards.

In other words, I dissagree with 100's of people, lol.

I've always felt that the undercards should be built up in a way to really shine at Wrestlemania though. Make bigger deals out of the title's.... they haven't done this in years though. Oh... Kofi has a mid-level title and is going after a very popular newcomer.... But that Newcomer is going to be in the Main Event at Wrestlemania. I honestly don't mind that though, because that particular Newcomer come in looking like a Main Eventer, and talks like a Main Eventer and in the ring, comes off as a Main Eventer. Fact is, he's one of the most entertaining people on the roster to me. So I don't mind him....

I wanted to make that last point, so people don't try to say I want to keep the new guys down. That's not it at all. I'm totally speaking from a PPV money point of view. You set up David vs. Goliath, or Superman vs. Lex Luthor, or whatever... but you don't set up Catwoman vs. The Spoiler for a Main event at Wrestlemania.... Luke vs. Darth Vader, not Luke vs. Lando.

Wrestlemania...

Here's my thoughts on what I think they should always do.

They should have the most popular/biggest draws fight (heel vs. face). They should always do this unless it would mean a repeat. Younger guys that aren't as popular and don't draw as much should be used for lower card positions at Wrestlemania. They should have a chance to shine all by themselves without the bigger names. The Main Event title's to me should always be a power thing between the biggest names. There is no reason you should be worried about giving someone a rub during Wrestlemania in the Main Event title scene. This should be left for lower level cards.

In other words, I dissagree with 100's of people, lol.

I've always felt that the undercards should be built up in a way to really shine at Wrestlemania though. Make bigger deals out of the title's.... they haven't done this in years though. Oh... Kofi has a mid-level title and is going after a very popular newcomer.... But that Newcomer is going to be in the Main Event at Wrestlemania. I honestly don't mind that though, because that particular Newcomer come in looking like a Main Eventer, and talks like a Main Eventer and in the ring, comes off as a Main Eventer. Fact is, he's one of the most entertaining people on the roster to me. So I don't mind him....

I wanted to make that last point, so people don't try to say I want to keep the new guys down. That's not it at all. I'm totally speaking from a PPV money point of view. You set up David vs. Goliath, or Superman vs. Lex Luthor, or whatever... but you don't set up Catwoman vs. The Spoiler for a Main event at Wrestlemania.... Luke vs. Darth Vader, not Luke vs. Lando.

I very much agree with this post - the only problem is that, these days, Luke's already fought Darth Vader so many times, (who could ever forget their epic saber dual at the Royal Rumble?), that you kinda HAVE to go with Luke vs Boba Fett at Mania. It's all part of the too much, too fast, GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW!!!! mentality of the modern era. Luke vs Boba can still be pretty good though, (I substituted Fett for Lando because the Star Wars WWE would never go face vs. face at WrestleMania).

I'm secretly hoping it's not gonna be Del Rio vs Edge vs Ziggler vs Kingston in a four way, (just because I think Mania main events should be one on one). I honestly think Triple H vs The Undertaker (with HBK as ref) could be pretty darn good, and is possily the best bet at this point to get that big WrestleMania feel. I'm sure whatever they come up with will work out well enough though.

:)

Off the record: Couldn't help but get a smile after seeing Joey Styles on the ECW show I just watched on WWE COD, barfing at the mere thought of WWE's relaunched ECW. That kinda made my day, wonder how he feels about TNA's version.

I personally wish we could get some more build up and do the HHH vs Taker Next year. We already have two potentionaly good match ups between Sheamus vs HHH and Taker vs Barrett

With a Taker vs HHH match up, where the hell does this leave Barrett or even Sheamus. These two guys can potentionally give these realtive newbies a WM rub and put on an excellent match with them.

I personally wish we could get some more build up and do the HHH vs Taker Next year. We already have two potentionaly good match ups between Sheamus vs HHH and Taker vs Barrett

With a Taker vs HHH match up, where the hell does this leave Barrett or even Sheamus. These two guys can potentionally give these realtive newbies a WM rub and put on an excellent match with them.

Barrett could be thrown in a multi-man tag match pitting Nexus againt Corre. Something along the lines of Barret/Slater/Gabriel/Jackson vs Otunga/Ryan/McGuillicuty/Harris that would still keep Punk in match against Orton (even thought I think they might go fatal four way with Miz and Cena).

As Sheamus, well, it's not like his stock is very high at the moment. He's probably going to end up in a multi-man filler match somewhere in the undercard. There's always one match thrown together just to get a PPV bonus to more wrestlers.

Barrett could be thrown in a multi-man tag match pitting Nexus againt Corre. Something along the lines of Barret/Slater/Gabriel/Jackson vs Otunga/Ryan/McGuillicuty/Harris that would still keep Punk in match against Orton (even thought I think they might go fatal four way with Miz and Cena).

As Sheamus, well, it's not like his stock is very high at the moment. He's probably going to end up in a multi-man filler match somewhere in the undercard. There's always one match thrown together just to get a PPV bonus to more wrestlers.

Multi-man tag matches are stupid, and giving one to Barrett in lieu of a match against Taker, even a loss that isn't close, would be almost a slap in the face.

Elimination Chamber(still a horrible name for a pay per view...) is still a week away, but here's my predictions so far. Could change after Raw and Smackdown this week, but I doubt it.

The Miz vs Jerry Lawler- Does anyone really think Lawler wins this? If so...Really? REALLY?!

Raw Elimination Chamber- Cena wins leading to Miz vs Cena at Wrestlemania in my Wrestlemania fast forward match of the night.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber- Edge retains. Why would they set up Del Rio vs Edge and then take the belt off him before Wrestlemania?

Both Chamber matches should be pretty fun this year at least.

I'm also expecting Kofi vs Del Rio somewhere on the card and probably a horrible divas match involving LayBoring.

The Miz vs Jerry Lawler- Does anyone really think Lawler wins this? If so...Really? REALLY?!

Raw Elimination Chamber- Cena wins leading to Miz vs Cena at Wrestlemania in my Wrestlemania fast forward match of the night.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber- Edge retains. Why would they set up Del Rio vs Edge and then take the belt off him before Wrestlemania? .

These are the expected finishes because they make the most sense but I would not rule out WWE throwing a curveball and change one of them to surprise people but then get back to the planned direction on the following Raw or Smackdown. If WWE do pull out a surprise ending, I would peg it for Miz/Lawler so that the rematch can be the main event on Raw and Raw can end with Cole screwing Lawler out of the title so the last scene on Raw leads directly to one of the most heated matches at Wrestlemania. If the idea is for Cole to screw Lawler then I think doing it at the end of a show would be better than to do it in the middle of one, plus I think it adds more heat if Cole screws Lawler and causes him to lose the title rather than to prevent him from winning it, because we've seen that one already.

Possible? Spoiler on WM Guest Host? Highlight below

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's official Facebook page has posted the following simple message:

"...FINALLY..." Get ready... DJ

The message was accompanied by an old picture of the Rock posing on the turnbuckle of a wrestling ring. Hundreds of Rock's Facebook followers have commented on the post assuming that he is referring to a return to WWE as WrestleMania's guest host. And the speculation continues!