The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Jeeze, Sheamus was completely buried on Raw. It was hard for me to even watch. I'm starting to believe he slept with somebody's wife or something.

I heard that Kevin Dunn doesn't like Sheamus which is why he is like 1 and 7 on pay per view so far this year. (Thats just an example I know that he has only won one match on Pay Per View in the last six monthes or so.)

What are you guys in agreement on? Rock can outperform Cena, but Cena wasn't really challenged... Ok, maybe I might need to point out the obvious I don't know....

The biggest part of Cena's responce was the fact that The Rock wasn't there...... Rock responded without being there...

Maybe you guys just can't see him, I don't know, lol.

I just don't think Cena has one upped the Rock. I watched the Rocks 2nd promo that was taped and it was still better than anything from the last few years in WWE. Would have been better live while in attendance I think but it was still better than anything Cena has done. The rap was really lame.

Here's the thing. I think Cena as a Wholesome Babyface is a pretty bad shtick. It just doesn't work. His "rapping" proved that. He's just much better at being a badass face, but as a wholesome face? Not so much. He only schooled the Rock in his "old ways".

But he schooled the Rock, he did. the Rock's response was just... awkward and weird. It didn't work. But he did school the Rock, that I give... but not as the current Cena. That's the difference.

Cena is that wholesome babyface right now. It would take a lot to shake that image and be the bad ass.

I agree. But then again, he's so stale right now, it doesn't matter. But my point is correct, but as correct as it is, the WWE will not change Cena's gimmick. I know that. But they should.

Ah, Ok. I Knew I was missing a point being made, because when I watched/crowd reaction's to be included, it was a different tale then what you guys seemed to believe. Also, to me crowd reaction makes a huge difference. One went from getting cheered, to a few boo's here and there... the other went from a mixed reaction to straight up being cheered. Both are babyface's.

However, the point you made is spot on. Cena has been boring for a good while, and although he saves it by being good on the mic, it's still stale. I don't know why the power's that be cannot understand how much better he would be as that other guy.... even if he stays babyface.

So, you and I are in agreement on a few levels, and without that clarification I wouldn't have realised it.

Finnaly watched RAW and I'm still impressed by the fact The Miz was booked strong for once ! That made up for the lame verbal exchange he had earlier with Cena. Fake doctor notes to make unfunny jokes? Really ?

Maybe I was in bad mood, 'cause I didn't feel that Rock promo's either. I'm still wondering what was his point... At least, HHH promo was a good buildup for his match and the HBK video was very well done.

To clarify, what I post is a mix of news & rumours that I personally find interesting from whatever sources I can find via google. I purposely leave out any references to upcoming results (real or fake).

Ummmm..here's the thing though: if you don't show where you're getting the news from there's no way to judge how 'reliable' that news is.

Interesting? I suppose...but let's be real:

That bit about Triple H sounded like typical IWC snarkiness with nothing to back it up.

The bit about Lebron sounded like pure science fiction

And the bit about Sting - especially with the stuff that just happened at the TNA tapings - is just utter BS.

Maybe I was in bad mood, 'cause I didn't feel that Rock promo's either. I'm still wondering what was his point...

I saida few pages back: it wasn't a strong promo but the fact that his whole family has been in the industry for generations is a legit response to Cena's in-character questioning of his love for wrestling.

And the bit about Sting - especially with the stuff that just happened at the TNA tapings - is just utter BS.

I don't believe it either, but the way TNA is run nowadays it wouldn't be the biggest surprise ever to me if Dixie agrees to release Sting so he go to Wrestlemania. After all, she did it for Nash for the Royal Rumble... and I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting the title back at Jeff Hardy. Preferably the day before he's sentenced.

I don't believe it either, but the way TNA is run nowadays it wouldn't be the biggest surprise ever to me if Dixie agrees to release Sting so he go to Wrestlemania. After all, she did it for Nash for the Royal Rumble... and I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting the title back at Jeff Hardy. Preferably the day before he's sentenced.

What are you talking about? TNA releasing Nash for the Royal Rumble? Last I heard his contract ran up months back and it seems like Nash got the call from WWE for the show.

What are you talking about? TNA releasing Nash for the Royal Rumble? Last I heard his contract ran up months back and it seems like Nash got the call from WWE for the show.

Dixie herself, I think on Twitter or somewhere, admitted that Nash was under contract to TNA but they released him so he could go to WWE.

As for the Triple H stuff, and the spoilered out Wrestlemania line up posted earlier, I know his name is probably mud around here, but Dave Meltzer has confirmed the former and had the later confirmed.

When did he resign with TNA? Why would you release him so he could go to the WWE? That makes no sense!

I presume he re-signed with TNA because they gave him the deal he wanted that WWE wouldn't. I don't know why Dixie would release him, you're right that it makes no sense, but TNA seem unable but to do things that make no sense.

Nash had just recently signed a new contract with TNA, but then got the offer from WWE - which presumably was a LOT better than what TNA was giving him - and asked Dixie to release him from his contract. And, according to Nash, Dixie being way too kind granted that wish just a few days before the Royal Rumble.

He's booked for a couple of 1PW shows in England in... I want to say May. Nash, Hall, X-Pac, DDP, New Age Outlaws. So he's not under an exclusive 'proper' contract. A typical Legends deal, albeit with a little more potential that WWE might do something with him. Nice work if you can get it.

Not sure if this is b.s. or not but I read that Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos of Strikeforce fame, might be in talks with the WWF. For me I am not sure if I believe it, first she does not have the "look" of the other Divas (neither does Kong but Kong is a more known person to wrestling fans in my opinion). Also, her English is not that great, which I know does not matter and they can cover that up by either giving her a manager or not having her speak at all. I am just not sure she will be a good fit.

Not sure if this is b.s. or not but I read that Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos of Strikeforce fame, might be in talks with the WWF. For me I am not sure if I believe it, first she does not have the "look" of the other Divas (neither does Kong but Kong is a more known person to wrestling fans in my opinion). Also, her English is not that great, which I know does not matter and they can cover that up by either giving her a manager or not having her speak at all. I am just not sure she will be a good fit.

No kidding. If the question would you rather Kong or Cyborg the answer would be Kong as at least she looks like a woman.

The talk is real although the intention might not be. Cyborg hasn't fought in eight months and it doesn't look like she has anything lined up in the near future, which means the money isn't coming in. Apparently, and rather obviously, this is her way of letting Strikeforce know that she isn't happy with how she is being treated.