The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

If the final move Cole takes is anything except a piledriver from Lawler, it will be the worst payoff ever.

You might want to brace yourself now for the disappointment.

The Undertaker's streak is probably never getting broken. The only person I can see them giving genuine consideration to breaking it is Cena. I think it's the only Wrestlemania match Undertaker could have where, realistically, people can seriously see them actually having Undertaker lose. With anyone else, even Triple H, it really shouldn't take much thought to realize that, bar someone losing their mind, they're not the one who is breaking the streak.

With Taker not getting any younger, I can totally see him winding down his carreer with mostly presences between Januray and Wrestlemania just to keep the streak alive and to beat down the yearly hopeful. He could wrestle at a rather late age by only doing that.

Sting confirmed today that he was offered the WWE HOF and a match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and turned it down.

he specifically mentioned not trust vince

He also mentioned he was please with the way things turned out.

How quickly one forgets Victory Road...

So I'm guessing there were a lot of untelevised matches for this edition of SmackDown?

'Cause if I was in that crowd, and it was one match, two interviews and then about an hour and a half of recaps and previews, I'm thinking I'd be pretty pissed off... :p

I will be honest, as a wrestling fan for over 20 years, and watched every Wrestlemania LIVE since Wrestlemania 10, I am looking forward to this event as much as any I can remember. Can you honestly say with any confidence that Taker is going to keep the streak? Is Cena going to win the title? What about Edge and Del Rio? In previous events you always had an idea of who was going to win, but this year I am stumped.

I agree with you that the title matches are unpredictable, but can you really say Triple H has any chance of winning? To me that would be the most shocking thing in wrestling history.

You might want to brace yourself now for the disappointment.

The Undertaker's streak is probably never getting broken. The only person I can see them giving genuine consideration to breaking it is Cena. I think it's the only Wrestlemania match Undertaker could have where, realistically, people can seriously see them actually having Undertaker lose. With anyone else, even Triple H, it really shouldn't take much thought to realize that, bar someone losing their mind, they're not the one who is breaking the streak.

Cena is the only person that they'd even discuss ending the streak, and I don't think Cena wants to do it to be honest.

Sting confirmed today that he was offered the WWE HOF and a match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and turned it down.

he specifically mentioned not trust vince

Yeah, that seems highly unlikely to me. I'm sure they offered him the WWE HOF, but a match with The Undertaker? I would seriously question that veracity of that.

Well they already got an entire Raw and some of Superstars...

Yeah, exactly. Up until last week the talk was that there wasn't going to be a real Smackdown! at all this week.

Ah, I didn't know it was filmed on Monday that day.

In other news, Cody seems to have bulked up quite a bit since I last saw him. (I stopped watching for about half a year last year, and just recently came back in time to watch the Royal Rumble.) That's good, 'cause I remember a long time ago when I saw him, I thought he looked pretty skinny in comparison to most of the others on the roster, and I was worried that'd keep him from seeming credible.

Sting was offered a Wrestlemania match vs. The Untertaker but turned it down? Yeah, lame april fools' day. Have a go again next year.

You probably should have checked this one out before blithely dismissing it as a lame joke.

http://www2.dailystar.co.uk/inthering/view/184049/Wrestlemania-takes-hold/

It wasn't exactly a secret WWE reached out to Sting prior to his deciding to return to TNA.

From what I've read the quote is directly attributed to Sting.

So are we calling him a liar?

No... in fact I don't know why I'm getting into this as I don't care, but I just hate the rags like The Star and The Sun they have "quoted" in the past but have still been lying just wonder if any source have this as I can't see the star having an exclusive regards to Sting.

You probably should have checked this one out before blithely dismissing it as a lame joke.

http://www2.dailystar.co.uk/inthering/view/184049/Wrestlemania-takes-hold/

It wasn't exactly a secret WWE reached out to Sting prior to his deciding to return to TNA.

Didn't the Washington Post or something announce that Sting had signed a contract with WWE at some point as well? That something is printed in a newspaper does not necessarily make it the truth... but of course, I can't dismiss it the way I did now. :p

Didn't the Washington Post or something announce that Sting had signed a contract with WWE at some point as well? That something is printed in a newspaper does not necessarily make it the truth... but of course, I can't dismiss it the way I did now. :p

You can print stuff like Sting has signed with the WWE by inserting certain qualifiers. Read a newspaper for sport and celeb gossip they're often prefixed with words like 'reportedly', 'apparently' or 'insider sources claim'. They are the magic words that prevent lawsuits. All you're doing is printing rumours disguised as stories by using these words.

You print a made-up quote and you'll be sued with absolutely no comeback.

So there's a rumor that WWE is changing their name from World Wrestling Entertainment to just WWE.

Are they going to call it WWEmania from now on too?

Yeah Vince has been wanting to do this for years. It seems like he is ashamed by the fact that he is and always will be nothing more than a wrestling promoter.