The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

:eek:

Meh. I don't like Orton better, but people give him all kinds of crap. He is nowhere near as versatile as HBK in the ring, but the guy can go.

No fan of his crazy face persona on the mic, but Orton can still go in the ring with the best of them. Hopefully Morrison comes back soon though because despite his blandness on the mi, his ring skills remind me of Michaels even more than anyone that comes to mind right now.

I always liked Orton, I was a huge fan of his post Evolution face run and heel run with Edge in 2006/2007. But Micheals will always be my personal favorite wrestler. They both can go in the ring but the only difference's I've ever noticed is Orton is not as good overall in the ring while Micheals is well rounded, maybe not in his later years but was still one of the most well rounded and best in the company. That, and Orton was never as good on the mic as Micheals but could still make an entertaining promo before he had the gimmick change to the more serious Orton we have now.

That's my 2 cents on the conversation though.

Even Punk himself is the small piece, as the kid he praises is amazing. I know the effects Cerebral Palsy can have, depending on how extreme a case it is, and what Irons has done is just awesome.

He should come to WWE and fight Trips for the right to one of his nicknames...

And Punk's name is just so, so chantable, it really does help this angle xD

Should be noted that Punk does drop an f-bomb, so be forewarned. However that's the very small piece of the story here. Even Punk himself is the small piece, as the kid he praises is amazing. I know the effects Cerebral Palsy can have, depending on how extreme a case it is, and what Irons has done is just awesome.

Iron is fantastic guy too. I've had the amazing honor of meeting him quite a few times. He's also a perfectionist. There was a botched spot in a match at a show I was at. I went up to shake his hand afterward and tell him he had a great match as usual, and he just said it sucked and all this stuff...for one spot. This guy is a fantastic person and a very talented worker, Cerebral Palsy or not.

If I had to compare a current worker to Shawn Michaels, it'd have to be John Morrison. Both guys started out in tag teams, Morrison went on to bigger things while Mercury disappeared until the SES thing that lasted five days.. they are both also well rounded in the ring, but I'd say Morrison is more of a high flier whereas Michaels is more of a technician if that makes any sense.

Still though, every wrestler as great as Michaels can ever be replicated. Their will never be another Shawn Michaels the same way their will never be another Rock or another Austin..

If I had to compare a current worker to Shawn Michaels, it'd have to be John Morrison. Both guys started out in tag teams, Morrison went on to bigger things while Mercury disappeared until the SES thing that lasted five days.. they are both also well rounded in the ring, but I'd say Morrison is more of a high flier whereas Michaels is more of a technician if that makes any sense.

Still though, every wrestler as great as Michaels can ever be replicated. Their will never be another Shawn Michaels the same way their will never be another Rock or another Austin..

Don't let Orton fanboys see that :p

Iron is fantastic guy too. I've had the amazing honor of meeting him quite a few times. He's also a perfectionist. There was a botched spot in a match at a show I was at. I went up to shake his hand afterward and tell him he had a great match as usual, and he just said it sucked and all this stuff...for one spot. This guy is a fantastic person and a very talented worker, Cerebral Palsy or not.

Which is awesome. I'm going to have to go out of my way to learn more about him now.

Can Zack Ryder be Chris Jericho?

Only if they give him air time on television. :p

Which is awesome. I'm going to have to go out of my way to learn more about him now.

Not sure where you're from, but Pro Wrestling Ohio is his home promotion. I've been watching him on Sports Time Ohio for years with that promotion and Cleveland All Pro Wrestling before that.

I like John Morrison, but I don't think he's any closer to Shawn Michaels level then Orton is... and I don't think either one are close. Sure, he has the gift of flash, but lacks in all other area's. Not better in the ring then Orton, just flashier. Orton can be a bore. I like both, so don't think I dislike them and just saying something to put them down. I'm sure both of them would tell you the same thing if given the chance.

Perhaps the similarities people are seeing are ring attire, size and flash?

Someone that is on par with HBK (or to be compared), is going to have to be able to go in the ring against all types... To me Bryan Danielson (or whatever we are calling him right now) is much closer to compare, outside of the obvious size difference. Someone that can go up against a brawler, technician, or high flyer, and believably be able to hold their own.

Brings me full circle to the man of the hour... CM Punk. There was a brief comparison in the form of a promo not long ago, when HBK was on Raw and Punk come out. I would have to say out of everyone around right now, perhaps CM Punk is the closest thing to a "Shawn Michaels" of this generation?

I like John Morrison, but I don't think he's any closer to Shawn Michaels level then Orton is... and I don't think either one are close. Sure, he has the gift of flash, but lacks in all other area's. Not better in the ring then Orton, just flashier. Orton can be a bore. I like both, so don't think I dislike them and just saying something to put them down. I'm sure both of them would tell you the same thing if given the chance.

Perhaps the similarities people are seeing are ring attire, size and flash?

Someone that is on par with HBK (or to be compared), is going to have to be able to go in the ring against all types... To me Bryan Danielson (or whatever we are calling him right now) is much closer to compare, outside of the obvious size difference. Someone that can go up against a brawler, technician, or high flyer, and believably be able to hold their own.

Brings me full circle to the man of the hour... CM Punk. There was a brief comparison in the form of a promo not long ago, when HBK was on Raw and Punk come out. I would have to say out of everyone around right now, perhaps CM Punk is the closest thing to a "Shawn Michaels" of this generation?

Yeah, Punk is definitely who I'd imagine as the closest to a Shawn Michaels of this generation.

Not sure where you're from, but Pro Wrestling Ohio is his home promotion. I've been watching him on Sports Time Ohio for years with that promotion and Cleveland All Pro Wrestling before that.

I'm down in Florida, so I don't have that kind of access. Do get to attend FCW on occasion, though, or moreover, take my brother to FCW on occasion.

Reason why this Iron kid interests me is because my brother has Cerebral Palsy, but to a slightly worse degree. And he's avid about wrestling, so I spend a good chunk of my week watching it. lol I'm a huge fan of Duke "Husky Harris" Rotundo and Drew McIntyre because they both met my brother, and went out of their way to embrace him, where as others were a little less personable. And if I can show him some matches with a guy who has been through some similar situations, I think he'd rather enjoy that.

I'm down in Florida, so I don't have that kind of access. Do get to attend FCW on occasion, though, or moreover, take my brother to FCW on occasion.

Reason why this Iron kid interests me is because my brother has Cerebral Palsy, but to a slightly worse degree. And he's avid about wrestling, so I spend a good chunk of my week watching it. lol I'm a huge fan of Duke "Husky Harris" Rotundo and Drew McIntyre because they both met my brother, and went out of their way to embrace him, where as others were a little less personable. And if I can show him some matches with a guy who has been through some similar situations, I think he'd rather enjoy that.

Well PWO posts their weekly shows on the internet now. Its on their youtube account. Also, here's a link to a great video of Iron about his story.

PWO's youtube.