The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm not sur I would say that CM Punk is a heel though. Since MITB, he has tone down a lot of his antics and he's actually looking for crowd support. It feels to me he's more like a rebelish face at the moment and judging by crowd reaction, I'm not the only feeling that way.

Correct.

Ok,

here is my theory (if anyone gives a crap), because I just saw the pay per view.

I think the storyline will go that Stephanie was at SS, letting both Punk and Cena know that she wishes both of them luck, when in reality she is getting vengance for her fathers dismissal. Right now both Cena nor Punk like the WWE's Brass (I.e Laurenitis and Stephanie), and right now Triple H is for the "people" so to speak. So what does Stephanie do? Take out the winner of the Punk/Cena match. (Who happen to be Trips best friend, Kevin Nash) and then suddenly have ADR cash the money in the bank. And thus screw BOTH people responsible for Stephanie's fathers "dismissal" with out the C.O.O. and Stephanie's Husband not knowing the wiser.

So what do you think?

Ok,

here is my theory (if anyone gives a crap), because I just saw the pay per view.

I think the storyline will go that Stephanie was at SS, letting both Punk and Cena know that she wishes both of them luck, when in reality she is getting vengance for her fathers dismissal. Right now both Cena nor Punk like the WWE's Brass (I.e Laurenitis and Stephanie), and right now Triple H is for the "people" so to speak. So what does Stephanie do? Take out the winner of the Punk/Cena match. (Who happen to be Trips best friend, Kevin Nash) and then suddenly have ADR cash the money in the bank. And thus screw BOTH people responsible for Stephanie's fathers "dismissal" with out the C.O.O. and Stephanie's Husband not knowing the wiser.

So what do you think?

:eek:

Edit: I always knew Stephanie was a sneaky...

I am incredibly shocked there is someone going around the thread dissing on Alberto Del Rio. Looks like my heel Cena and Triple H duo didn't come to fruition, but I dunno, sounds like it just wasn't time for it...yet.

If they are building Triple H and Punk for Mania this early (that is if there will be a HHH/Punk match), I don't really have a problem with that. Kind of like Cena vs. Rock as well, and Daniel Brian vs. whoever is the champ It's good they're putting a huge buildup into their company flagship event. Much more time than they've been giving their last few Manias. They gave Jericho and HBK like 3 months to build up to their '03 Mania match and it stole the show!

and I do like your theory, GhostDogg

As long as we don't have the McHelmsley era 2.0. I could see ADR paying Nash off to destroy the winner for him.

This was my first thought when I saw Del Rio. Hoping it goes this way so he's at least accomplished something he set out to do instead of just getting lucky.

I just think it's stupid that the face always has to be better than the heel in the ring. No heel can ever be as talented as a face?

In a word? YES. If the heel is a bad-ass tough guy who always wins, he is basically a face who says mean things sometimes. The crowd will boo that heel when they talk, but cheer their entrance and all their big moves and basically want him to be a babyface. For proof, check out The Rock in 1998, Chris Jericho in 1999, Triple H in 2000, Randy Orton in 2009, etc., etc. If you book a heel strongly and give them no weaknesses, eventually the crowd turns them face. In theory the heel has identifiable traits that separate him from a babyface- either they are not as good at wrestling, or they are not as big and strong, or they are freakish in their appearance or strength, or they don't have the same "fighting spirit" a face has. But if your heel is more talented than your face, the only way you're ever going to get any heat on anyone is underdog/bully spots over and over and over.

I hope they really work to put Del Rio over for the long haul, unlike most freshman title reigns. His facial expressions are tremendous and his work is very solid.

For a PPV that was horrible. First after every other match we were treated to 2 or 3 commercials...yes some people actually paid $50 to watch a show full of commercials. If I was one of them I'd be screaming refund. I'm not about to pay $50 for a 3 hour RAW when I get 3 or 4 of them a year for free.

Second that was the single worst ending in the history of WWE. Did they really just spend 3 months building CM Punk just so he could put over ADR and Kevin Nash? That's horrendous! They spent 3 months making CM Punk into the top babyface in the company only to bury him to washed up has been who's best days were 15 years ago. I'm done with WWE's nonsense I can't wait to see Punk again in ROH when WWE's done using him to make the has-beens and never-should-have-beens look like Gods while making sure Punk comes out of it looking like a midcarder who got lucky.

For a PPV that was horrible. First after every other match we were treated to 2 or 3 commercials...yes some people actually paid $50 to watch a show full of commercials. If I was one of them I'd be screaming refund. I'm not about to pay $50 for a 3 hour RAW when I get 3 or 4 of them a year for free.

Second that was the single worst ending in the history of WWE. Did they really just spend 3 months building CM Punk just so he could put over ADR and Kevin Nash? That's horrendous! They spent 3 months making CM Punk into the top babyface in the company only to bury him to washed up has been who's best days were 15 years ago. I'm done with WWE's nonsense I can't wait to see Punk again in ROH when WWE's done using him to make the has-beens and never-should-have-beens look like Gods while making sure Punk comes out of it looking like a midcarder who got lucky.

WWE spent 3 months building up CM Punk? I didn't realize his losing effort for the tag team titles 3 months ago at Over the Limit was the beginning of a major push.

Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea if they don't want fully heel Cena. Punk still gets his heat, he gets to chase the title, and he'll be a top babyface here in a bit.

#kneejerk

You have absolutely no idea where this is going. Nor do I, but I'll tell you they definitely aren't using Punk just to get Del Rio over. With Cena/Rock looming MITB had to be used soon and something bigger is at work here with Trips, Steph and so on.

WWE spent 3 months building up CM Punk? I didn't realize his losing effort for the tag team titles 3 months ago at Over the Limit was the beginning of a major push.

Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea if they don't want fully heel Cena. Punk still gets his heat, he gets to chase the title, and he'll be a top babyface here in a bit.

No.

He gets to job to Cena, who he can't beat.

Then Cena gets to get his title back for the 12th!!!!!!! time.

No.

He gets to job to Cena, who he can't beat.

Then Cena gets to get his title back for the 12!!!!!!! time.

Even if he did, and that would make no sense, at this point in 2011 Punk has beaten Cena SIX TIMES in singles matches. So to say he "can't beat him" is completely the opposite of reality.

Even if he did, and that would make no sense, at this point in 2011 Punk has beaten Cena SIX TIMES in singles matches. So to say he "can't beat him" is completely the opposite of reality.

Come RAW tomorrow, who's got a claim to being screwed?

Cena.

Well lets see, theory of Screw-litivity,

Trips/Punk screwed Cena (since his foot was under the rope) >> which in turn got screwed Kevin Nash who ADR took advantage of it.

I swear to god I am putting my money on Stephanie being the Mastermind behind all this, without Trips knowing...or at least not at first anyway.

Well lets see, theory of Screw-litivity,

Trips/Punk screwed Cena (since his foot was under the rope) >> which in turn got screwed Kevin Nash who ADR took advantage of it.

I swear to god I am putting my money on Stephanie being the Mastermind behind all this, without Trips knowing...or at least not at first anyway.

Punk had no idea Cena got screwed. His back was to the ropes. Never saw the foot.