The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The more i think about it, its brilliant.

He comes out, KNOWING the crowd will be on edge for every single word. KNOWING they want to hear him speak.

KNOWING... that his role isnt as a face, its as a heel, he simply plays it up until everyone gets tired of it. and goes to the back.

Effectivly, he spent 10 minutes to transition from returning HOT babyface to an extremely hated heel.

Your reactions? thats what he wanted. It just makes to much sense.

I quit after the Attitude era, just got back in over the past few months, but this is getting crappy.

Again.

Kane!

God I love the internet. Wwe gets bashed here every week for not booking long term angles, but one blatantly obvious multiweek angle is set up with Y2J and it's pooped on.

God forbid you wait a week to find out what the story will be eh?

P.s soooo blatant it's going to be a "I came back to find you people just as gullible as ever, just as she said I would" setup.

God I love the internet. Wwe gets bashed here every week for not booking long term angles, but one blatantly obvious multiweek angle is set up with Y2J and it's pooped on.

P.s soooo blatant it's going to be a "I came back to find you people just as gullible as ever, just as she said I would" setup.

so you think those dark brooding promos should lead to that debut then?

I know you're a WWE mark that will defend what the E does no matter what. But they build up this for about 5 to 6 weeks, having a good hype up of a man and a women comeing...so we get Y2J which is cool even though he is nothing like the dark minded hype videos that were shown, but we don't get the women that so called told him to come back. WWE failed at this big time.

He comes out, KNOWING the crowd will be on edge for every single word. KNOWING they want to hear him speak.

KNOWING... that his role isnt as a face, its as a heel, he simply plays it up until everyone gets tired of it. and goes to the back.

Effectivly, he spent 10 minutes to transition from returning HOT babyface to an extremely hated heel.

THIS.

he was clearly over the top imo ON PURPOSE. when he dropped the mic i was sold on the set up. then when he was at the top of the ramp, he was smiling then a devious smirk. clearly a set up.

Coming from someone who really isn't that high on WWE...

Isn't it a goal to give more questions than answers? Seems like everyone wanted answers ASAP. Do you guys not watch WWE? This is what they do. They always give more questions than answers. And sometimes, they end up not answering a lot of the questions, but how would you know that since Jericho JUST returned and it's the beginning of the angle.

EDIT: FTR, I thought it got way too uncomfortable. But I too thought it looked like Jericho turned heel there at the end. If it was a heel turn, it was pretty damn good. Pretty awesome to return with huge babyface pops and turn heel without saying a word or attacking someone.

Actually, that does make sense. With the way that he talked on Twitter, he obviously had two agendas:

1. Try and make it so that his return had as much suprise as possible

and

2. To set up a basis for a heel turn, saying that he hated the fans on Twitter and then coming back like this.

Lol, I stayed up for that.

The woman could be metaphorical, in fact I'm convinced based on some "theory" I read the other week.

I say don't crap on the whole thing BUT for the build up, on the night, it was dissapointing. I'm convinced come 2nd (Time Zone :p) April 2012 watching Punk vs. Jericho at Wrestlemania I'll be happy, I hope.

I thought Jericho was going to turn on the crowd there and then but he could just keep trolling until someone question what the hell he is doing! :D

so you think those dark brooding promos should lead to that debut then?

<3.

I know you're a WWE mark that will defend what the E does no matter what. But they build up this for about 5 to 6 weeks, having a good hype up of a man and a women comeing...so we get Y2J which is cool even though he is nothing like the dark minded hype videos that were shown, but we don't get the women that so called told him to come back. WWE failed at this big time.

See I'd have been okay with it being him if it fit, but they blew it. Yup. I agree.

Coming from someone who really isn't that high on WWE...

Isn't it a goal to give more questions than answers? Seems like everyone wanted answers ASAP. Do you guys not watch WWE? This is what they do. They always give more questions than answers. And sometimes, they end up not answering a lot of the questions, but how would you know that since Jericho JUST returned and it's the beginning of the angle.

But it's like.....hearing the ice cream truck on a hot assed summer day, and you find it's the neighborhood idiot being stupid. You feel let down. Well at least that's how I felt.

But it's like.....hearing the ice cream truck on a hot assed summer day, and you find it's the neighborhood idiot being stupid. You feel let down. Well at least that's how I felt.

Oh, I'm not trying to argue with how people felt. If you were let down, so be it. I wasn't exactly impressed myself at first. But I'm mostly trying to say is that the goal was to give more questions than answers. Seems they certainly did that.

If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. I just recommend to give it more time before it's crapped on. It might continue to suck, who knows? But you won't know if you don't give it a shot.

:)

Oh, I'm not trying to argue with how people felt. If you were let down, so be it. I wasn't exactly impressed myself at first. But I'm mostly trying to say is that the goal was to give more questions than answers. Seems they certainly did that.

If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. I just recommend to give it more time before it's crapped on. It might continue to suck, who knows? But you won't know if you don't give it a shot.

:)

Flashbacks of high school, you boys and your peer pressure. :D

Yeah I understand that, I've just never been a huge Y2J fan, and some of the angles they have used lately have me wondering who writes this stuff.

Modern wrestling mentality is "Give me what I want! NOW!"

And typically, WWE gives into this. And they should.

Jericho comes from a more old school mentality of "leave them wanting more"

Not saying either is right or wrong. It just is what it is.

I'm not upset or anything because I'm a grown up and it's just nice to have one of my favorite workers ever back on TV. I let angles play out and hope for a more long term payoff, even if I don't always get it. But I understand disappointment others seem to have, even if I disagree with it.

Obviously people were expecting something big. At least an announcement of who he'd be feuding with in the coming months. But... more mystery keeps people talking.

Always leave 'em wanting more.

Flashbacks of high school, you boys and your peer pressure. :D

Yeah I understand that, I've just never been a huge Y2J fan, and some of the angles they have used lately have me wondering who writes this stuff.

Oh c'mon... you KNOW you want to give it shot. It's not going to hurt. You can quit anytime you want to.

:D

Always leave 'em wanting more.

Even if they hate it!

Jericho's return was amazing. IWC dorks will either love it or hate it. I'm more looking forward to the people who hate it, it's going to be hilarious to see how Jericho tortures them. Do your magic, Chris.

Yeap it was amazing.....amazingly bad

Only the biggest WWE fanboys and Chris Jericho marks will like this and thats it. It was very poorly done, all the dark hype videos , the girl, and we get a happy go luck silent man that at the end frowns, and that frown signals to the WWE/Jericho marks that it's a heel turn.....RUSSO SWERVE

Yeah, for you it is, because Chris didn't give you what you wanted, which is awesome. It's about time Chris stuck it to the spoiled IWC brats. Wham.

You'r on the internet right.....so you're part of the IWC.....Which means you're one of these IWC brats you talk about? It point blank sucked you can't defend it, it just was not done well at all.

Only the biggest WWE fanboys and Chris Jericho marks will like this and thats it. It was very poorly done, all the dark hype videos , the girl, and we get a happy go luck silent man that at the end frowns, and that frown signals to the WWE/Jericho marks that it's a heel turn.....RUSSO SWERVE

Hey people! This guy has an opinion! I wasn't sure it was an opinion at first because he made it sound like a fact, but I saw what he did there. Sneaky!

I long for the day when wrestling fans or other fans would just agree to disagree and accept that people have different opinions than their own.