The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm starting to look at Cole and Booker T as a RL example of bad announcers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fixed.</p>

<p>This week's Raw got me semi-interested in Team Johnny v Team Teddy. The Undertaker v HHH video promo did more for me than most of their recent in-ring promos.</p><p> </p><p>

Punk v Christian was fun with Punk taking out his frustration over Jericho.</p><p> </p><p>

Oops, I just Big Showed in my pants.</p><p> </p><p>

Rock v Cena - Finally... the intense face-to-face promo they needed to deliver before Mania.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/SpFAMI3odNM?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="HHH vs Undertaker Battle Rap"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> John Morrison blatantly rips off Epic Rap Battles of History, but some of it's pretty funny.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If only he had been even 25% as entertaining in WWE he might not have been future endeavored.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If only he had been even 25% as entertaining in WWE he might not have been future endeavored.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He didn't get future endeavored, he quit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He didn't get future endeavored, he quit.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He didn't quit his contract expired I thought.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He didn't quit his contract expired I thought.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He didn't want to sign a new contract. Which is basically quitting.</p>

After last night, I'm thinking the Rock and Cena will be toe to toe and then the Rock will win either via flash pinfal (not saying he won't the finisher in, just that it will come out of nowhere or possibly be a new finisher), cheating, or accidental dq. Between the loss and the crowd heat, Cena will go nuts, "embrace the hate" and lay a monstrous whooping on him post match to give Rock an excuse to be on the shelf and off tv until the rematch, hopefully in a few months and not at next years 'mania. It may actually turn into a prolonged feud with a few matches back and forth.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After last night, I'm thinking the Rock and Cena will be toe to toe and then the Rock will win either via flash pinfal (not saying he won't the finisher in, just that it will come out of nowhere or possibly be a new finisher), cheating, or accidental dq. Between the loss and the crowd heat, Cena will go nuts, "embrace the hate" and lay a monstrous whooping on him post match to give Rock an excuse to be on the shelf and off tv until the rematch, hopefully in a few months and not at next years 'mania. It may actually turn into a prolonged feud with a few matches back and forth.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> See I thought that Rock vs Cena would happen at Summer Slam and then the 3rd and final match would be next years Mania or at the Rumble. I wouldn't mind it.</p><p> </p><p> I like your idea about the Rock having a new finisher. Don't think it will happen but it could be interesting.</p><p> </p><p> Am I the only one here at GDS who feels the hype for Mania has gotten worse over the last 3 weeks? I am getting it but it was a terrible build to Mania I feel outside of Big Show vs Rhodes, and Punk vs Jericho.</p>

<p>I wish Punk and Jericho gave me a better build. Punk's been arguing with a TV screen for a few weeks now when something more interesting could have been going on. Of course, if it all culminates in an amazing match I am fine with whatever.</p><p> </p><p>

Rock and Cena has been decent. I'm feeling that match big time. I'm way pumped or Show/Rhodes. The Teddy/Johnny stuff is kind of a mess. I can't believe they'd give two terrible talkers so much screen time building up to mania, but I guess it's a cheap way to get 10+ wrestlers a decent spot at the PPV.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wish Punk and Jericho gave me a better build. Punk's been arguing with a TV screen for a few weeks now when something more interesting could have been going on. Of course, if it all culminates in an amazing match I am fine with whatever.<p> </p><p> Rock and Cena has been decent. I'm feeling that match big time. I'm way pumped or Show/Rhodes. The Teddy/Johnny stuff is kind of a mess. I can't believe they'd give two terrible talkers so much screen time building up to mania, but I guess <strong>it's a cheap way to get 10+ wrestlers a decent spot at the PPV</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is the only reason they did it. I wouldn't be surprised if Teddy Long and Johnny Ace aren't GMs in a month. I wish they would get rid of the whole GM idea. Wrestling is better with an authority who shows up every few months when something cheap or controversial happens not multiple times in 1 show (my opinion).</p><p> </p><p> I just think the authority role is played out and stale now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Astil" data-cite="Astil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question for the masses: Is Wrestlemania lacking now that Money in the Bank is no longer a part of it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but it opens Wrestlemania up to try other things now, although I don't see them doing anything worthwhile yet.</p><p> </p><p> The success of MITB is why it's been moved from Wrestlemania (my opinion). If I'm working for WWE and I'm thinking money, I would move anything that seems to draw away from the one PPV a year I know makes money, in order to make more money somewhere else.</p><p> </p><p> It's like a club having Ladies Night on a weird night (Thursdays or Tuesdays). Friday and Saturday going good... Do the special on a day that's not in order to make another good night.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, but it opens Wrestlemania up to try other things now, although I don't see them doing anything worthwhile yet.<p> </p><p> The success of MITB is why it's been moved from Wrestlemania (my opinion). If I'm working for WWE and I'm thinking money, I would move anything that seems to draw away from the one PPV a year I know makes money, in order to make more money somewhere else.</p><p> </p><p> It's like a club having Ladies Night on a weird night (Thursdays or Tuesdays). Friday and Saturday going good... Do the special on a day that's not in order to make another good night.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've heard from somewhere else that moving it to SummerSlam was a thought, in order to help build it as a 'big' PPV</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I still think it should be on WrestleMania. MitB matchs seem less special now, as does WM without it (to me)</p>

<p>They should either move MitB back to wrestlemania or consider a similar tradition in it's place. Some kind of tournament or special match event where you can give a mid carder a really special moment to help elevate their careers.</p><p> </p><p>

It seems silly to me to just take it away.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They should either move MitB back to wrestlemania or consider a similar tradition in it's place. Some kind of tournament or special match event where you can give a mid carder a really special moment to help elevate their careers.<p> </p><p> It seems silly to me to just take it away.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree - it's a great opener for 'mania.</p><p> </p><p> Plus, having a PPV called 'Money In The Bank' and two MITB matches on it just waters the concept down. Should just be once a year like the Rumble.</p>

<p>So what's the general feeling on Wrestlemania 28 as we head into the last few days before the show?</p><p> </p><p>

Are you guys excited?</p><p> </p><p>

I am. As I've gotten older, Wrestlemania has meant less and less to me over the years. I guess it's the fact that when I was young and in high school, almost ALL of my friends had at least a passing interest in it. Now that I'm a bit older it's been less relevant socially in my world.</p><p> </p><p>

I also feel it's been WWE's approach. They haven't commited to many meaningful long-term storylines in years.</p><p> </p><p>

This year they've gotten back to it a little. Maybe it's that. Maybe it's the few nods back to the Attitude era. But I'm pumped for wrestlemania more than I have been in years.</p><p> </p><p>

Rock and Cena has been a great build. I'm really impressed with how that played out. I was unsure how the feud would progress over the past year, but I feel it has. I'm interested in John Cena and what happens to him win or lose, which I think was the goal. </p><p> </p><p>

Punk versus Jericho is one I'm really excited about. The build didn't blow me away but it didn't stink either. I just think the match between these two has potential to be legendary. I think both will want to steal the show and I like the way they match up against each other.</p><p> </p><p>

I am loving Daniel Bryan right now. Shaemus hasn't really "taken the ball and run with it" like I would have like to have seen, but he's decent in his face role. He's getting nice pops at least. So I think this needs to be a really great match but if it is, it'll make WWE fans take both guys more seriously as main eventers.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm slightly less interested in Undertaker/HHH. I feel like the general buzz on this match is lukewarm among hardcore WWE fans. Depending ont he match quality and the end result, we might see something special. Or we might see an overbooked dud like I feel like we got last year.</p>

<p>I'm excited but at the same time I'm not. Thought last Raw was really underwhelming. Whole lotta talking and no ass kicking, they relied a lot on the cut-with-a-knife tension approach but I also prefer other areas they delivered less on.</p><p> </p><p>

The card looks incredibly strong and that's the main thing going for it. Looking forward to Punk/Jericho and Cena/Rock the most(purely for the crowd response). If everything checks out, I may be watching the event at the theater on the big screen and having our own crowd within the theater room just adds to the event.</p>

Here is what I am looking forward to about the show.

Jericho/Punk is the match I am mostly looking foward to, great build IMO in the short time that they have been building it. This match could steal the show.

Sheamus/Bryan the match that was supposed to happen last year at Mania, I was looking foward to it last year and now that it has a storyline to it Sheamus being the Rumble Winner and Bryan being the World Champion this could be a great match as well.

Taker/Triple H can't wait to see a hell in a cell match at Mania (Bossman/Taker doesn't count in my book) it will truly be the end of an era and I think that they will go all out especially if its possibly Taker's last match.

The Rock vs. John Cena, I think the build for this match for the past year has absolutely sucked. They have done nothing in a year except for craptacular Rock Concerts and the Cena Rap (although Cena going old school was awesome) but they havent really done anything for me to get me into it. I am going to enjoy the match as I am sure that it is going to be awesome but I am just not that impressed with the build.

On another note I heard that Vince wants to book the main event for WM 29 at Raw the night after Mania 28 like they did with Cena vs. Rock last year. If they do this I just hope they go about it differently this time around and I hope the match that they are going to build for a year isn't another meeting between Rock and Cena although I have a feeling that it will be.

A while ago when the Rock vs. Cena match was booked for this years Mania I read an article about whether or not they will be able to build it for a year without dropping the ball and in my opinion they dropped the ball big time on the build for the match. Maybe its the era I grew up watching wrestling but I like it when they build a long term match WHERE SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS DURING THE BUILD to get me interested and Cena Rock hasn't done that for me although it could be a great match I hope it is for the crap build it has had.

The only thing that I really liked during the build to the match was the promo Cena cut where he said that at WreslteMania he was fighting for everyone in the locker room whos dream it was to become a pro wrestler and stay a pro wrestler. I normally don't cheer for Cena in matches but I will be cheering for him in his match with the Rock, although from a business standpoint it would probably be a wiser decision to have The Rock win if they are going to have a rematch next year at Mania 29 but who knows where it will go.

Maybe its the era I grew up watching wrestling but I like it when they build a long term match WHERE SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS DURING THE BUILD to get me interested and Cena Rock hasn't done that for me although it could be a great match I hope it is for the crap build it has had.

I feel the same way. It is possible that this isn't there last match. They could have another match planned.

It could still heat up if they have another match at WM29 and make it a 2 year feud. :p

Mania is just another PPV to me and it often feels too gimmicky. I'm psyched for Jericho v Punk and Cena v Rock. I'm okay with HHH v Taker but I feel it's a wasted opportunity to put over a talented midcarder and the buildup felt almost pointless considering it's a rematch. And I would watch Bryan wrestle anyone right now.

The rest of the card is decent. Team Johnny v Team Long might be fun but without ADR, Barrett, Christian and DiBiase we instead have to watch guys like Khali.

I predict Jericho will beat Punk and Bryan wiill retain.

The only thing that I really liked during the build to the match was the promo Cena cut where he said that at WreslteMania he was fighting for everyone in the locker room whos dream it was to become a pro wrestler and stay a pro wrestler. I normally don't cheer for Cena in matches but I will be cheering for him in his match with the Rock, although from a business standpoint it would probably be a wiser decision to have The Rock win if they are going to have a rematch next year at Mania 29 but who knows where it will go.

QFT, not normally a Cena fan but Rock is either too old to do his same routine or i just grown out of it. Rocks style is there but even compared to Cena, theres been very little substance from Rock for a good part of the feud.Honestly, this feud has me thinking that Cena may be a better all-round promo guy than Rock. Either way i actually want Cena to win.

I am excited for Mania because of the fact it is Wrestlemania.

The build just wasn't that good for me.

Rock and Cena was not a very exciting build that makes me want to see the match. I want to see the match because it is a dream match.

Jericho and Punk looks like a good match and the build was the best out of all the Mania matches I feel.

Sheamus and Bryan looks to be a good match. Sheamus seems to me like the least talked about Royal Rumble winner that I can remember.

Rhodes and Big Show was a good build and a match I am excited to see. Hoping Rhodes manages to walk out with the title still.

Dissappointed that Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, and Christian aren't going to be on the show. MITB could have fixed Del Rio and Mysterio not being on the show. Could have gotten rid of the RAW vs SD match as well as I don't care about the GM storyline. Too much focus is put on the GMs on a regular basis anyways.

I think that if there was no GM, people would complain because there's no authority figure.

I'll watch Wrestlemania, not live, but I'll watch it.

Really only interested in D-Bry/Sheams and Punk/Jericho. Rock/Cena and Undertaker/HHH both give me the Hogan/Andre feel. Not going to be a great matches, but going to have the drama to keep you into it.

I just hope Undertaker and HHH is better than last year.