The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

- Bryan came out with no "Yes!" shouting to sell that he's mad. A.J. held the ropes open for him with all of her body weight in a funny moment. To start, A.J. tried to make Bryan feel better about losing the World Title at WrestleMania. The crowd wants to support Bryan, but he thinks they're mocking him. He says the "Yes!" chants don't make it better, then blamed all of his troubles on A.J., running her down and trying to get the crowd to boo him. He then dumped her and heeled it up pretty well, shouting "We're through!" Plus, he called her "fat." A.J. ran out of the ring to the back as the crowd sang the "Na na na, goodbye" song. Then, "Yes!" chants and the crowd still cheered him.

*courtesy of PWTorch spoilers

I'm behind the times, only just saw mania tonight...

They screwed up more than they got right. :mad: It was still an alright show, but it had the potential to be so great. I knew they'd blow a few things, but god damn.

D-Bry/Sheamus was downright insulting to all concerned. I was looking forward to that match so much :(

Big Show/Rhodes - Meh, who cares. Show is Show and Rhodes isn't Dusty or Goldust.

Orton/Kane - Meh, why is Kane winning in 2012? why does he exist in 2012

Divas match was rubbish, my girl Beth needs to just Goldberg her way through everyone for a year, not lose to some scrawny low level tv personality. I like Beth so much and want her to have my super muscular heel babies.

HIAC - Good stuff

Team Johnny -vs- Team Teddy - The right team won, the wrong guy took the fall but at least it looks like they are going somewhere with it. I was fine with the match, it was about what I expected.

Punk/Jericho - Pretty good, not quite the awesomeness I expected though.

Brodus Clay segment? Abysmal garbage that makes me never want to watch WWE again. Shoot everyone involved, dump them in mass graves and move on.

Flo Rida is a bellend. Heath Slater could have taken him anyway. Also his music blows and his attack was entirely unprovoked. Is he a heel? Why are celebrity guests heels and who were those two clowns who showed up when Heath got pushed? :confused:

Rock/Cena? Meh, so so match, wrong guy won. I rioted as best I could on my own on a wednesday night in Australia.

I'd rather see them both continue on in singles, but yeah, that would be a really entertaining team.

Heck, it could be a good feud too, if the "YES" thing really catches on and eventually forces them to turn Bryan face again. I could see Christian playing off of "YES" chants really well.

I'd love to see them feud. They're two of my favorites

your right, he's much better than golddust ever was and will be much better than dusty ;)

Goldust was absolutely amazing. He was the only reason I tuned into WWF back in the mid 90s.

Dusty was awesome too, but I do believe Cody has a shot at being better than him.

your right, he's much better than golddust ever was and will be much better than dusty ;)

I actually agree about him being better than Goldust, but Cody ever matching or surpassing Dusty is a very tall order IMO. I wasn't even an NWA fan during Dusty's heyday, but just from the stuff I've seen years after the fact, it's obvious that Dusty oozed charisma and was one of the best talkers ever.

Unrelated, but: Daniel Bryan tweeted that WWE is already in the process of making a YES shirt, and it'll probably be out sometime next week. Guess they aren't going to ignore it. :D

Haven't read any SD spoilers but they should have Sheamus address Bryan and the crowd saying that it wouldn't have mattered if the Mania match had been 30 seconds long or 30 minutes long, it still would have ended with his boot in Bryan's face and a 1-2-3. Then on next week's SD have the 2 agree to a 30-minutes ironman match at Extreme Rules.

Sheamus can save face by beating Bryan legit, we get a longer match than we would have seen at Mania anyway and Bryan can continue being a heel.

Haven't read any SD spoilers but they should have Sheamus address Bryan and the crowd saying that it wouldn't have mattered if the Mania match had been 30 seconds long or 30 minutes long, it still would have ended with his boot in Bryan's face and a 1-2-3. Then on next week's SD have the 2 agree to a 30-minutes ironman match at Extreme Rules.

Sheamus can save face by beating Bryan legit, we get a longer match than we would have seen at Mania anyway and Bryan can continue being a heel.

I really like this idea. I hope something like this happens (but it won't)

On a related note, I wonder if this is the end of AJ's turn in the spotlight now. Can she find another storyline on Raw/SD or will she be exclusive to Superstars again. :p

I can imagine a scenario where AJ, with good intentions, tries to help Bryan and costs him his rematch against Sheamus. Then Bryan tries to smack her around but Sheamus rescues her.

Rumours are circulating that Lesnar has signed a 1 year contract and that Rock v Brock is a potential WM 29 match (presumably with a loser leaves WWE forever stipulation). Also read that Lesnar is keen to have a match with Austin.

Rumours are circulating that Lesnar has signed a 1 year contract and that Rock v Brock is a potential WM 29 match (presumably with a loser leaves WWE forever stipulation). Also read that Lesnar is keen to have a match with Austin.

Those aren't rumors anymore. They were last week, but now it's been confirmed: 1-year deal, minimum 2 appearances per month, 30-35 appearances overall, with WWE having the right to negotiate for more.

I expect Lesnar to win the WWE Championship at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, with The Rock winning the Royal Rumble match.

Even with Rock being part-time they seem to be reinforcing the main event roster, which probably is a good idea. So now we have Punk, Cena, Rock, Lesnar, Jericho, Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz & Rhodes all trying to win or retain one of the 2 big titles this year. Half of them can be moved down to the upper midcard as needed. Hopefully Christian, Rey and Barrett will return soon to bolster the midcard. Add a couple of FCW guys and they should have the manpower to fix the tag division.

Next year's WrestleMania:

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar

Steve Austin vs. CM Punk

John Cena vs. The Undertaker

What's funny about that is I can see Brock Lesnar facing Rock, Austin, or Taker at Mania next year.

I could see Austin against Punk, Lesnar or Cena next year also.

I also could see Cena vs Rock again.

Right now I find it hard to predict anything for Mania as a for sure match up.

Next year's WrestleMania:

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar

Steve Austin vs. CM Punk

John Cena vs. The Undertaker

I'm sure this pleases Randy Orton to no end. :-)

Of course, this is all rumored and what not, but if this happens, it'll be awesome. I'm glad they're bringing some grandeur back to Wrestlemania, as I felt the few before last year's didn't feel all that special.

My biggest issue is do they both go in face or do they feel like they gotta "turn" Punk again?

I'd argue that it doesn't matter whether it's face/heel, face/face, heel/heel with those two, as they're both the kind of workers that will get cheered no matter what.

From what I understand about the situation, based on things both guys have said, I think Edge and Austin's situations were a little different.

Edge has more severe nerve damage in his neck and if I remember correctly, and his spinal cord is compressing several nerves. It's not so much the fear of breaking his neck that is the problem. It's that just landing even safely could cause him paralysis because of the compression of his big nerves.

Whereas Stone Cold's situation is more like, "His neck can't take more damage" kind of thing. So he might theoretically be able to get in there, do a few moves, and get out. I doubt very much he'd be able to go all-out though and give us a great match, but that doesn't mean he can't be entertaining.

I could be wrong here, people. I have never looked at either man's medical files obviously so who knows? I do work in healthcare and more often than not, even the patients themselves don't know what the hell is going on with them. People generally deal with medical news about themselves in the big picture. "Will I live? Will it get worse? Do I need surgery? Can I work?" kinda stuff. Beyond that, your average patient often doesn't know exactly what is medically wrong with them. I know it sounds crazy but it's the truth.

So even Edge and Austin might not be correctly depicting their medical situations.

Add a couple of FCW guys and they should have the manpower to fix the tag division.

This. Oh god, this. Part of the reason the Attitude era was so successful for the 'E was that they had the tag division for young guys like Edge and Christian and the Hardys to get face time on camera, get themselves over with the fans, and also to put on entertaining matches every now and then.

I know I've said this before, but the tag division is also a really handy way of pacing a PPV. I lost count of the number of PPVs in the attitude era where the New Age Outlaws jerked the curtain and put on a competent and entertaining, but not mindblowing match to get the fans warmed up.

Also, it's a nice place to hide the guys you don't have anything in mind for right now - the likes of DiBiase, Evan Bourne, R-Truth - all decent workers who you could either have pulling a dark match or the 'superstars special', or you could give them a tag match to fill a segment on Raw, and therefore we'd never ever have to endure another Funkasaurus segment again. And that's something I think we can all agree would be a wonderful thing.

the likes of DiBiase, Evan Bourne

DiBiase and Bourne could become a kick ass tag team.

What WWE doesn't seem to get with tag teams these days however is that you need a tag team GIMMICK for them. It's not just enough to randomly pair midcarders and then do nothing further. Give them a common gimmick with matching attires and a wicked tag team finisher.

If done right, tag teams can become just as over as main eventers in singles competition.