The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The problem with Kofi is the only two things that have changed about him in the 7 years in the company are his accent and the switch to long tights. His character hasn't evolved in anyway at all and I doubt it will any time soon.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hence why I'd want to repackage him and see him at the top of the card :-)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RayW" data-cite="RayW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first four were on line only, I believe only on AOL too, and they didn't include a live video feed, it was audio only. It was like listening to sport on the radio. I don't believe they sold very well, and in the end they stopped doing them. The Millineum Final was a German only PPV, and I don't even think they released it on VHS. I'm not sure why it's not on the Network but I wouldn't be surprised if the only feed they have of it is with German commentary.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> thanks for the info. At least they were thinking outside the box a little.</p><p> </p><p> Did anyone ever call the WCW hotline?</p>

Ziggler, Sandow and Barrett. All good characters. I'm a huge Ziggler fan but he's like a poor man's Rollins now. He's still popular so with a couple of new moves and some faith from the higher-ups it would be easy to push him into the main event. Sandow could be a top heel if they let him be more aggressive like Del Rio and give him more mic time. Bad News Barrett should at least be competing with Fandango for the comedy midcard heel spot. He also has the potential to be one of the best mic workers in the company.

Barrett's intentionally being kept out of the ring for creative purposes. That dude gets more TV time than 85% of the roster as it is so I think his push is a slow one but it's already in progress. I don't feel like he's being misused or anything. It's more like he's being saved for later.

As far as him competing with Fandango... he's on TV far more frequently than that dude is. If anything I feel Fandango is being underused.

Barrett's intentionally being kept out of the ring for creative purposes. That dude gets more TV time than 85% of the roster as it is so I think his push is a slow one but it's already in progress. I don't feel like he's being misused or anything. It's more like he's being saved for later.

As far as him competing with Fandango... he's on TV far more frequently than that dude is. If anything I feel Fandango is being underused.

I guess you just mean angle/promo time? Because otherwise I'm not sure how Barrett's getting more time than anybody. He's getting maybe 2-3 minutes a night if they don't give it to Rusev or somebody else. That's less time than the Santino/Emma storyline. Less time than a Ryback match. Has he even been on Raw in the past 2-3 weeks? The last time I remember seeing him was knocking over Cody and Goldust's toys, outside of using him as a time-killer at Elimination Chamber. None of which really sells him as "future top heel" to me.

And Fandango gets used plenty as a body to put into random Main Event and Smackdown matches. He just loses a lot.

I guess you just mean angle/promo time? Because otherwise I'm not sure how Barrett's getting more time than anybody. He's getting maybe 2-3 minutes a night if they don't give it to Rusev or somebody else. That's less time than the Santino/Emma storyline. Less time than a Ryback match. Has he even been on Raw in the past 2-3 weeks? The last time I remember seeing him was knocking over Cody and Goldust's toys, outside of using him as a time-killer at Elimination Chamber. None of which really sells him as "future top heel" to me.

And Fandango gets used plenty as a body to put into random Main Event and Smackdown matches. He just loses a lot.

If you aren't happy with the writing of his promos that's a different criticism than "he isn't being used". He's featured BY HIMSELF on a giant podium for at least two shows a week for the better part of two months now. Come on. Maybe you're right that total match time he's on par with the rest of the guys but going out and jobbing versus a solo promo on just about every TV show for two months? Seriously?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you aren't happy with the writing of his promos that's a different criticism than "he isn't being used". He's featured BY HIMSELF on a giant podium for at least two shows a week for the better part of two months now. Come on. Maybe you're right that total match time he's on par with the rest of the guys but going out and jobbing versus a solo promo on just about every TV show for two months? Seriously?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay? I'm not arguing with you, I was just wondering where you were getting that he was on TV more than 85% of the roster. I seriously don't think he's been on TV since EC until his segment with Hornswoggle tonight (that I didn't watch).</p><p> </p><p> Anywho, I really enjoyed that Raw ending, even if it ran a bit long. I normally hate the 4th wall breaking "you're not real cops" stuff, but since it was all part of a master plan, and not just a meta- "all cops in wrestling are indy grunts," it worked out fine. And I liked seeing HHH just destroy DB while Steph cheerleads.</p>

85% is probably a bit over an over statement lol. You are right about that haha. I just think he's on a very short list of people who get their own promo time allotted per show. And he has been on TV since EC. He's been on most of the Raws in fact I think he just missed the Chicago one. And he's been on a bunch of smackdowns for the past 8 weeks or so too. This is what I'm saying when I think he's used more frequently than some people think. Because there's lots of guys who don't get booked on shows. He's out there on a giant podium cutting killer promos on TV every week.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>85% is probably a bit over an over statement lol. You are right about that haha. I just think he's on a very short list of people who get their own promo time allotted per show. And he has been on TV since EC. He's been on most of the Raws in fact I think he just missed the Chicago one. And he's been on a bunch of smackdowns for the past 8 weeks or so too. This is what I'm saying when I think he's used more frequently than some people think. Because there's lots of guys who don't get booked on shows. He's out there on a giant podium cutting killer promos on TV every week.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean you technically might be right, JTG, Ryder, Evan Bourne, and who knows how many more guys are technically on the roster but never appear on TV.</p>

<p>I like all the people mentioned, but I don't get the desire for some of them to be pushed into the main event, as I guess I don't see them as able to sell enough seats no matter how many match's they win.</p><p> </p><p>

Examples of some of what I agree and don't agree with: I definitely don't see how Wade is doing "killer" promos as BNB. To me they seem forced, they seem out of place and for the most part dumb... as in not witty. However, I do think he can sell seats if booked with a more generic gimmick, pushed strong, and was told to feel free to go off script as long as he's getting the general point across. I just feel when he has in the past (his pedestal breaking for example), he sounds 100% better. Wade is not someone I think they missed the boat on, they have time/he has time. For me, he definitely isn't a given, as was basically said earlier in the thread. He hasn't proven it to me yet anyways.</p><p> </p><p>

Ziggler has yet to impress me in a live promo. They were really hyping his "heartfelt" promo tonight, but didn't show it thank god. It sounds whiny and makes him look out of place.... Live his ring skills are way better then his promo's..... But he can talk if you ever watched him on youtube, you know what I'm talking about. I want all that wit, live. He has yet to do that for me, and thus I can't see him ever being the main person selling seats. Bring in that youtube character, I can see him breaking a few ceilings.</p><p> </p><p>

Totally agree with Sandow though. I just don't understand how he isn't involved heavily in anything right now. I figure it's because he is headed for a character change, possibly just turning face. Just can't see missing the boat with him.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I don't see how they are giving Titus a chance. So far he looked better when he was in a tag team (I'm talking in the ring). I do think he can captivate the crowd though, but I think he's too likeable of a guy to ever get the heat that is needed to succeed as a heel. I know playing the heel is easier, by far, but Titus in my opinion is a natural Babyface, and I really think they turned the wrong person.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall, I think I agree with WWE's use more then most here. I think they picked the right people for the last few years, as far as who to push. I'm not saying I agree with them 100%, just more so then most here. The two I think people have talked about that I agree with the most here, are Kofi (his little feud with Orton showed me he could do it) and Swagger. Almost everyone else I think are a package ready to go are getting pushed right now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I mean you technically might be right, JTG, Ryder, Evan Bourne, and who knows how many more guys are technically on the roster but never appear on TV.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's what I'm saying. There's guys like Curt Hawkins who would literally sacrifice a testicle for Barrett's spot right now.</p>

Hawkins turns 29 next month, he's still young and has plenty of time to get his spot light. I just hope he does. I really like his ring work. I'm not saying he should ever be world champ or anything but US/IC or tag champ again, I could see that easily.

<p>I like Hawkins too, can't really put my finger on as to exactly why, but I do.</p><p> </p><p>

You know... Ok, I know the divas have improved but... Is it my imagination, or has Cameron improved like by 10, in the little time that Naomi has been out? I know putting her against someone like Alicia Fox is going to help her look great, because of the skills of Fox (Most underated Diva on the roster I believe), but it seems to me like she has lost almost all of her suckiness.</p>

I like Hawkins too, can't really put my finger on as to exactly why, but I do.

You know... Ok, I know the divas have improved but... Is it my imagination, or has Cameron improved like by 10, in the little time that Naomi has been out? I know putting her against someone like Alicia Fox is going to help her look great, because of the skills of Fox (Most underated Diva on the roster I believe), but it seems to me like she has lost almost all of her suckiness.

If Cameron was put in a match against Alicia Fox it would probably suck due to Cameron being starstruck the entire time. After all Alicia Fox was in that five star classic with Melina which is Cameron's favorite match ever.:D

If Cameron was put in a match against Alicia Fox it would probably suck due to Cameron being starstruck the entire time. After all Alicia Fox was in that five star classic with Melina which is Cameron's favorite match ever.:D

I'm so disappointed when I hear such stupid things from people obviously not in the business for the right reasons. Most if not all the Diva's currently employed are to fill a very small niche of women watching wrestling and to keep the male performers morale high by having sex with them. It's sad, but it's the truth, otherwise you'd see the women who can actually wrestle, wrestle. And not have these awful 3 minutes of not outperforming the males on Raw. It's not like Natalia and Emma can't wrestle. Vince rather have them stand around and look pretty for when Randy Orton needs someone to sleep around with, right Jojo?

Plus guys like Vince McMahon himself have admitted to sleeping around with his performers in the past. I'm sure Sable didn't taste too bad after she came back from that sexual harassment lawsuit, right Vince?

Raw Review:

Triple H, Batista, Orton - Fun segment. Triple H upped the stakes for the match with Bryan. WM30 is getting more interesting by the week.

Real Americans vs The Usos - Good match. Even better that Cesaro won the match.

Sheamus vs Titus - OK match. Titus got some heat bullying Hornswoggle.

Cena & The Wyatts - Cena was decent but Bray won the verbal battle again. Wearing Cena's merch was a nice touch.

Orton vs Bryan (No DQ) - Good match. Orton really stepped up his game. "There's no bell to ring!" The finish helped Batista and Bryan but I feel like Orton needed to win the most. (The result makes more sense after seeing the entire show)

Heyman - Nice promo video. Playing the Taker is getting old card should sucker in a few marks.

Fandango vs Goldust - Vintage Goldust was good. Fandango botch was bad.

Kane & The Shield - Face turn complete.

Divas match - Worth watching for Naomi's return.

Show, Ziggler, Henry & Big E vs Sandow, Del Rio & Rybaxel - Solid match.

Bray vs Kofi - Cena/Bray promo was cool. OK Smackdown rematch.

Triple H & Bryan - Masterful troll job and a straight-up mugging. I actually winced a few times with Bryan taking handcuffed bumps.

Verdict: 1st half was good. 2nd half went downhill until the epic final segment. MVP: Triple H the god-tier heel.

http://botchedspot.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/03/2014-03-13-planning-bryan.jpg

I'm so disappointed when I hear such stupid things from people obviously not in the business for the right reasons. Most if not all the Diva's currently employed are to fill a very small niche of women watching wrestling and to keep the male performers morale high by having sex with them. It's sad, but it's the truth, otherwise you'd see the women who can actually wrestle, wrestle. And not have these awful 3 minutes of not outperforming the males on Raw. It's not like Natalia and Emma can't wrestle. Vince rather have them stand around and look pretty for when Randy Orton needs someone to sleep around with, right Jojo?

Plus guys like Vince McMahon himself have admitted to sleeping around with his performers in the past. I'm sure Sable didn't taste too bad after she came back from that sexual harassment lawsuit, right Vince?

Well at least we have NXT, where they should keep all the talented women as long as possible before they ruin them on the main roster.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/1924665_475116802615393_1354173703_n_zps0e18b2c6.jpg~original

<p>Alright now, I'm gonna be a little serious ask, and ask a really important question, a question I think we need to answer.....And that question is.....</p><p> </p><p>

What killed Tensai?..........Was it the booking team?.....No.....The crowd?.....No....was Cena to blame?.....No......Well possibly it could be the fault of his gimmick?.....No.....So, what killed Tensai?, That's what I would like to know.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alright now, I'm gonna be a little serious ask, and ask a really important question, a question I think we need to answer.....And that question is.....<p> </p><p> What killed Tensai?..........Was it the booking team?.....No.....The crowd?.....No....was Cena to blame?.....No......Well possibly it could be the fault of his gimmick?.....No.....So, what killed Tensai?, That's what I would like to know.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The gimmick. He's a giant fat white guy pretending to be a Japanese lord while squashing people in matches where it was power move-taunt-power move.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The gimmick. He's a giant fat white guy pretending to be a Japanese lord while squashing people in matches where it was power move-taunt-power move.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. The WWE should've known that the fans wouldnt connect with the gimmick. He probably would've fared a bit better if he just came back as Albert/A-Train and just wrecked stuff.</p>