The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On another note, 3MB is beyond brilliant. I thought this promo was really good and creative<p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 3MB probably saved Slater, McIntyre and Mahal from falling into the JTG role of having a contract but never being seen. They're just so damn entertaining.</p>

<p>It's actually the only time I've ever enjoyed Drew and even Jinder</p><p> </p><p>

Always thought both were pretty awful before 3MB. Loved Slater and Gabriel as a tag team back in the day before they broke up for no reason...like Cryme Time...and the Hart Dynasty...and the Primetime Players... you see where I'm going with this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mammoth" data-cite="Mammoth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Batista wasn't hated because he came back, he was hated because he was taking Daniel Bryan's place. The build up to his return was just getting a "meh" reaction from the crowd, but when people found out Daniel Bryan wasn't in the Rumble and Batista then won, the reaction turned to hate. If Daniel Bryan wasn't in the picture, Batista would have got an okay reaction (I still don't think it would have been brilliant, but it would have been okay) and as it's been said, he would have pinned Orton clean. Take Daniel Bryan out of the picture and there was no one else who they could have put in that match.<p> </p><p> You've also got to remember that people were turning on Orton at that point too, chanting random names during his matches and generally just uninterested with what he was doing. If there was no Daniel Bryan, they would have much rather have had an "okay" reaction to Batista having his 'Mania moment than Orton winning yet again and continuing what was a lacklustre first reign with the newly formed WWE World Heavyweight Championship.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I disagree, even with out bryan if Batista came back just to win the RR they would of complained big time, maybe not as bad as now but still</p><p> </p><p> Fans do NOT want guys coming back and winning titles, take bryan out of the problem the fans would of clinched to someone else.</p><p> </p><p> They could of put </p><p> A. Cena</p><p> B. Face Shemus</p><p> C Heck big show</p><p> </p><p> they could of picked ANYONE (To lose) if they wanted to. </p><p> They did a complete 360 and picked Bryan, they could of built up anyone instead WWE proved that.</p><p> Bottem line no way Batista was walking out as champ. You assume it was cause of Bryan wrong, it was cause Batista won the Royal Rumble, they may of wanted Bryan instead, but lets say punk never left, they would of wanted punk instead of bryan</p><p> </p><p> bottem line Batista was not walking out champ, no way no how. No matter who he took the spot from (Bryan, punk, enter young guy here) he would of gotten turned on and the same thing would of happen</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Smackdown Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sheamus vs Ambrose (US Championship)</strong> - Good match. Sheamus won but it took 2 Brogue Kicks to put Ambrose down.</p><p>

<strong>Big E & RVD vs Cesaro & BNB</strong> - OK match that ended too quickly. Big E got in a few power moves on Cesaro. Barrett slammed RVD into the barricade and Cesaro hit the Neutralizer on Big E for the win.</p><p>

<strong>Kofi vs Rusev</strong> - Lana handled the "USA" chants like a veteran. OK squash. Rusev no-sells too much but that might to be because of the short match times.</p><p>

<strong>Reigns vs Henry</strong> - Solid match won by Reigns against a dominant Henry. Samoan Drop by Reigns was impressive. Good continuity with Henry wanting revenge for the 3-on-1 handicap match a while back.</p><p>

<strong>Batista vs Rollins</strong> - Good match. Batista won via count-out after Rollins tried to jump on him out of the ring from the top turnbuckle only for Batista to slam him into the announce table. Post-match, Batista powerbombed Rollins.</p><p>

<strong>Wyatt Family & Cena vs The Usos</strong> - Solid match. Harper got the pin.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Good show. The Shield were all selling injuries from the Evolution beatdown, making them look more vulnerable after their recent dominance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's actually the only time I've ever enjoyed Drew and even Jinder<p> </p><p> Always thought both were pretty awful before 3MB. Loved Slater and Gabriel as a tag team back in the day before they broke up for no reason...like Cryme Time...and the Hart Dynasty...and the Primetime Players... you see where I'm going with this.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just imagine how much better WWE's tag division would be with those teams still there.</p><p> </p><p> They also nixed International Airstrike (Gabriel & Kidd) for no reason as well. That team had pretty good potential.</p>

Well on that one Kidd tore his ACL and only just came back near the end of last year. I remember them having a match right after Kidd returned on Main Event too that I liked, no idea why Gabriel doesn't even show up on TV. At least Kidd looks to be getting back on track via NXT

<p>Honestly don't get the hype with Gabriel. He has his moments, but no matter what he does, I'm reminded of Matt hyping him up as the next coming of Hardy, that stupid outfit he wore originally, and him completely failing to get to the top rope.</p><p> </p><p>

It's just, burned into my brain.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly don't get the hype with Gabriel. He has his moments, but no matter what he does, I'm reminded of Matt hyping him up as the next coming of Hardy, that stupid outfit he wore originally, and him completely failing to get to the top rope.<p> </p><p> It's just, burned into my brain.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even with no hype he fit perfectly into a midcard flashy tag team with Tyson Kidd.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Swanton825" data-cite="The Swanton825" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm starting to get a little sick of Paige retaining through luck. Seriously, what's the point of watching NXT if nothing that's established on there carries over to the main shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that its WWEs way of establishing NXT as the ksyfabe minor leagued and regular WWE as the majors.</p><p> </p><p> Hopefully DBs situation is a work and he can come back soon. If this is real then i guess this can be Batistas chance to get the title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dpoolez" data-cite="dpoolez" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think that its WWEs way of establishing NXT as the ksyfabe minor leagued and regular WWE as the majors.<p> </p><p> Hopefully DBs situation is a work and he can come back soon. If this is real then i guess this can be Batistas chance to get the title.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I knew he shouldn't have been doing that damned diving headbutt. I don't care if you brace yourself or not, if you use it, you're going to go down either the Dynamite or (God forbid) the Benoit road.</p>

While I like the idea of Adam Rose's character, I am not enjoying his debut feud. Swagger was still getting hot. There is no reason Rose couldn't have debuted against a geel who was red hot like Bad News Barrett. He wouldn't have had to take the title off him even to make him look good. They could have had Rose crash a BNB promo, give them a match next with without any titles where Rose wins, then come PPV for the title BNB wins by cheating. Puts Rose up there as at least a legitimate wrestler as well as a fun character. Right now I have a hard time thinking the character will keep any momentum.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dpoolez" data-cite="dpoolez" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think that its WWEs way of establishing NXT as the ksyfabe minor leagued and regular WWE as the majors.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It still doesn't make sense considering WWE wants people to watch the WWE Network and NXT where Alicia Fox is losing to debuting rookies yet is a tough challenge against the best NXT Diva and the WWE Diva Champion. Why can't they just push her as an extremely talented Diva who was able to dethrone the undefeated AJ yet lack the experience and that it's something they can take advantage of. It's a logical way of thinking that makes Paige seems talented, the Divas as smart challengers, and pushes away from the all women are jealous and hate each other.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It still doesn't make sense considering WWE wants people to watch the WWE Network and NXT where Alicia Fox is losing to debuting rookies yet is a tough challenge against the best NXT Diva and the WWE Diva Champion. Why can't they just push her as an extremely talented Diva who was able to dethrone the undefeated AJ yet lack the experience and that it's something they can take advantage of. It's a logical way of thinking that makes Paige seems talented, the Divas as smart challengers, and pushes away from the all women are jealous and hate each other.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was just going to say this as well. It really doesnt make any sense IMO when they have Superstars and Divas jobbing on NXT sometimes yet they still want to portray the NXT call-ups as rookies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wasn't Big E a face on NXT while being a heel in WWE? And The Wyatts faces? I just started watching NXT (and even then, not consistently) with the network, so I may be wrong in that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Big E - He was a face in NXT but his character in WWE wasn't much different. His character was basically badass except in NXT he had the five count and in WWE he hung out with Ziggler and AJ.</p><p> </p><p> The Wyatts - Heel all the way except people cheered for them much like it is happening in WWE now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wasn't Big E a face on NXT while being a heel in WWE? And The Wyatts faces? I just started watching NXT (and even then, not consistently) with the network, so I may be wrong in that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but that was pre-network, when there was less internal consistency between the two shows and less of an effort to push NXT as a separate "brand."</p>

Just re-watched HHH/Hardy from No Mercy 2008. Great match. I appreciate the fact that they didnt try to finisher spam the match through like your typical big WWE match, the finish was a good swerve IMO, although since this was the second time they fought in a row (they had the Scramble match the month before), it got a bad reception from smarks I can recall. I think it would've been better received if they had the 1 on 1 the month before and then the Championship Scramble at NM.

Another thing, JR and Tazz were great together on the announce team for Smackdown. Compared that to what we have today and today's announce team sucks IMO. Very little excitement from the announcers of today which brings down the excitement that you feel for the match. Cole isnt a bad announcer on his own merits but just isnt JR, I'd rather WWE fire him and bring Joey Styles back to the announce team, although a Styles/JBL team would be ironic given their fight several years back.

Just re-watched HHH/Hardy from No Mercy 2008. Great match. I appreciate the fact that they didnt try to finisher spam the match through like your typical big WWE match, the finish was a good swerve IMO, although since this was the second time they fought in a row (they had the Scramble match the month before), it got a bad reception from smarks I can recall. I think it would've been better received if they had the 1 on 1 the month before and then the Championship Scramble at NM.

Another thing, JR and Tazz were great together on the announce team for Smackdown. Compared that to what we have today and today's announce team sucks IMO. Very little excitement from the announcers of today which brings down the excitement that you feel for the match. Cole isnt a bad announcer on his own merits but just isnt JR, I'd rather WWE fire him and bring Joey Styles back to the announce team, although a Styles/JBL team would be ironic given their fight several years back.

Give me JR, Styles and Striker in a 3 man commentary im a happy guy