The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<p>I finally got around to watching NXT Takeover. I completely agree with all the positive stuff everyone's been saying. Tyler Breeze was awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

One thing though, I think Mojo Rawley might be one of the worst performers I've ever seen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PoisonedSuperman" data-cite="PoisonedSuperman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Evolution makes more sense with him in it then Blutista because isn't it supposed to be about the past, present and the future?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 10 years ago yes...in 2014 they didn't have a goal like that it was just the name since it was already used by the trio...</p>

NXT Review:

Mojo vs English - OK match. Another loss for English who has never had a chance to build any momentum. Mojo might as well turn heel at this point.

Bayley vs Charlotte - Solid match. Bayley was booked strong. Summer came out. Charlotte got distracted but recovered to pick up the win. The BFFs attacked Bayley before Paige and Emma came to her rescue.

Jordan & Dillinger vs Jobbers - Solid match. They gave it plenty of time, which is necessary to start rebuilding the tag division.

Tyler Breeze - He called Zayn "Seth Rogan's less good looking brother" and Neville "The Man that Maybelline forgot." He also debuted his new entrance music video. I'm a big fan of Prince Pretty.

Gabriel vs Neville - Good match considering there was no build. Kidd came out, apologized and got Neville to agree to one more match. This is the first time that Gabriel has really impressed me in the ring. They should be using him on the main roster to put over guys like Rusev and Dallas.

Verdict: Solid show. Disappointed there was no Kalisto or Alexa Bliss.

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2230471/uggos_zps6b511572_medium.pnghttp://31.media.tumblr.com/27b8a28a216a0077f0817511f065d4ec/tumblr_n6q3opAv3M1srbyoyo1_500.png

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Smackdown Review:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Trips & Rollins</strong> - Trips laughing and Rollins smirking at the "You sold out!" chants was great. Seth's lack of explanation was a cop-out but I can deal with it for now. Ziggler's interruption, while not necessary, made sense with his Authority issues and it makes for a fun mini-feud.</p><p>

<strong>Ziggler vs Rollins</strong> - Good match. I like Rollins' winning sequence of kicks to the head, Buckle Bomb & Curb Stomp. More please.</p><p>

<strong>The Usos vs Rybaxel</strong> - OK match but too short.</p><p>

<strong>Gold Star Rusev vs Consequences Creed</strong> - Useless squash. The best part was Lana putting the medal around his neck after his victory and a Russian flag unfurling above the ring heralded by pyro. Rusev needs a legit opponent like Henry at MITB.</p><p>

<strong>RVD vs Cesaro vs BNB (IC Championship)</strong> - Good match. BNB retained with a clean pinfall.</p><p>

<strong>Natalya vs Fox</strong> - Solid match won by Nattie. Alicia's character work during the match was strong, a rare thing outside of NXT where it's actually encouraged.</p><p>

<strong>Santono vs Dallas</strong> - This was well scripted. It started like a comedy match with handshakes and Santino acting like a fan. Bo did a victory lap after a takedown but when Santino celebrated after a few armdrags Bo's expression changed and he turned agressive. The streak is now at 5-0!</p><p>

<strong>Orton vs Show</strong> - Solid for a Big Show match. The end was good. Show had both Orton and Trips by their throats when Rollins hit him with a High Knee off the top rope. Orton RKO'd Show and Rollins Curb Stomped his head on to a chair.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> Good show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I finally got around to watching NXT Takeover. I completely agree with all the positive stuff everyone's been saying. Tyler Breeze was awesome.<p> </p><p> One thing though, I think Mojo Rawley might be one of the worst performers I've ever seen.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like Mojo's upside. He still needs A LOT of work with the character development side of things and his timing is still a little wonky but I like his size and speed.</p>

I like Mojo's upside. He still needs A LOT of work with the character development side of things and his timing is still a little wonky but I like his size and speed.

I agree with you on the potential. He does have to get rid of the butt offense through. The problem is that when compared to guys like Aiden English, Enzo Amore, Tyler Breeze and even Colin Cassidy he has no character whatsoever or has had any feud where he actively participates and it feels like he shouldn't be getting wins over this more talented, more established and more entertaining characters.

Guest codey
I agree with you on the potential. He does have to get rid of the butt offense through. The problem is that when compared to guys like Aiden English, Enzo Amore, Tyler Breeze and even Colin Cassidy he has no character whatsoever or has had any feud where he actively participates and it feels like he shouldn't be getting wins over this more talented, more established and more entertaining characters.

I agree. The guy is an extremely athletic former NFL defensive lineman whose team mates called him the strongest guy on the team, and he's got charisma. He's only been a pro for about two years, so there's a lot of room for improvement.

Like you, I think he needs to get away from the butt offense. The biggest thing is that he needs to work more matches where he can go back and forth with his opponent. The most complex stuff he's worked so far has been him opening with some offense, his opponent fights back and dominates for a minute or two, and then he fires back with a corner splash, butt strike, and then a butt splash. I'm sure he's doing a little more complicated stuff on NXT's house shows, but we haven't seen that on TV yet to judge it.

<p>So, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am really digging Bo Dallas's character. It's so perfect: so self absorbed, so up his own ass, he doesn't realize people hate him. It's great. His bit after being forced out of NXT a few weeks ago ( recapped on the most recent episode) was perfect. Refusing to leave, threatening to call the cops...he's like the d-bag that crashed the party, then tried to get it shut down when it was made clear no one wanted him there.</p><p> </p><p>

The best part of this gimmic, to me, is the inevitable shattering of his delusions.</p><p> </p><p>

I can understand a lot of the gripes people have. He's not the best on the mic or in the ring, but he's young. I also think he suffers from unfair comparisons to his vastly superior brother, and that hurts anything he could do.</p><p> </p><p>

I also love that people hate him. Because they're supposed to. He's a heel playing a bavyface. In a way...I think he's almost playing the character the way the IWC sees John Cena.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alphadraighon" data-cite="alphadraighon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am really digging Bo Dallas's character. It's so perfect: so self absorbed, so up his own ass, he doesn't realize people hate him. It's great. His bit after being forced out of NXT a few weeks ago ( recapped on the most recent episode) was perfect. Refusing to leave, threatening to call the cops...he's like the d-bag that crashed the party, then tried to get it shut down when it was made clear no one wanted him there.<p> </p><p> The best part of this gimmic, to me, is the inevitable shattering of his delusions.</p><p> </p><p> I can understand a lot of the gripes people have. He's not the best on the mic or in the ring, but he's young. I also think he suffers from unfair comparisons to his vastly superior brother, and that hurts anything he could do.</p><p> </p><p> I also love that people hate him. Because they're supposed to. He's a heel playing a bavyface. In a way...I think he's almost playing the character the way the IWC sees John Cena.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His character is great and he's young enough to improve. He does need to get in better shape. He isn't big enough to be that big especially considering how young he is and how long he's been in developmental.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So in honor of the shield breaking up I watched the greatest faction countdown on the network and they have the brood at #2. Really the brood the second best faction ever what the F them even being in the top 10 is crazy but #2</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I said this too but a few of my buddies at work who are around my age ::cough early 30s cough:: like most casuals gave up after the purchase of WCW. Or even earlier. And they were sticking up for The Brood. I guess if you look at wrestling within the microcosm of a certain point in time, The Brood were as over as The Shield and they did it in a very short time. They were getting sick pops at one point and those bloodbaths were very cool.</p><p> </p><p> They were over.</p><p> </p><p> Second best of all time? No. I disagree with that entire list anyway because IMO Number 1 is nWo for what it did for the business and number 2 is The Four Horsemen for history's sake. Everything else is arguable but those two factions are the greatest ever. I think the rest of them even DX all are a fair distance behind. That nWo was number 3 and in any way behind The Brood is simply incorrect. As previously stated it's fan voted so whatever.</p>

I haven't seen these "countdowns" but are they all of wrestling or just WWE/F? If it's just WWE/F I think it's fair that nWo and The Four Horsemen aren't number one and two respectively because the nWo's run wasn't iconic in the 'E as it was with WCW and The Four Horsemen - as much as I can recall off the top of my head - never actually had a run in the WWE. The same can be said about The Steiner Brothers; they obviously won the Tag Team Championships a couple of times but their best runs came elsewhere. If it's meant to be all of wrestling then yes, the criticism is warranted. :p

Also, love him or loathe him, Cena's début was great and although I think it's fair to say it's a push giving him #1, his début is easily top 5. You've got to remember how popular Kurt Angle was back then and the way he came in and impressed from the outset - and what he's done since - makes it memorable.

It's all of wrestling, essentially anything that WWE have rights to. Basically, they draft up a large list and you can go onto their website and vote. The Fabulous Freebirds were the 10th best tag team and they never wrestled in WWE, whilst NWO were something like the 4th best faction of all time.

<p>I was at RAW last night and I really enjoyed it, Sheamus and Barrett was really good as I was expecting and I was pleased to be able to see a match between Alicia Fox and Paige as well. The main event was also really damn good so it was money well spent. This is the second RAW I've gone to (My first in the three hour format) and when you are there live it doesn't seem like three hours at all. </p><p> </p><p>

I thought the first RAW I attended back in 2012 was a bit better as Triple H and Undertaker were on the show to announce the End Of An Era Hell In A Cell match that they had at WM 28 but I thought tonight's show was really good. It may just because I was there live but I am wondering how it came across on TV but for the most part Twitter was a good indication that everything was well received to the TV audience but I could be wrong.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone have any thoughts on last night's RAW? Yay or Nay?</p><p> </p><p>

The rest of this post I will write in white in case people haven't seen the show yet.</p><p> </p><p>

Spoiler in White: <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">I was sad to see Daniel Bryan have to forfeit the titles but I guess it's for the best right now I hope that when he comes back he will get another shot at getting them back but my main fear for this upcoming Money In The Bank match is that they are going to put the belt back on either Cena or Orton which I am not a fan of them doing at all. Plus there is no guarantee that Bryan will get another run with the titles in the future as they weren't even going to give him the first run but they had to when Batista started getting booed.</span></p>

<p>Yea with Countdown WWE puts a big list of people up there and the fans vote. So it's not surprising a lot of older workers get snubbed because the younger fans simply don't recognize their impact. Which is understandable. I don't have kids but if I did I'd be much less interested int heir knowledge of wrestling history than I would their knowledge in world history lol.</p><p> </p><p>

To be fair it's still a good show. The "blunders" countdown was hilarious. I'd suggest anyone with the network to go watch it if they haven't. It's probably the best one.</p>

Yeah I remember just being generally confused by the "infamous gimmicks" countdown list. Mountie? Doink? Disco? Just some really bizarre choices, since all three of those were just gimmicky gimmicks that were really well done (at least for awhile). Also you get to hear Roddy Piper talk about how clowns shouldn't be scary, which is pretty great.

Peoples thoughts on the rumours saying the 'E have signed Kevin Steen following his try-out a couple of months back? I won't believe it until I see it because we've been here before - especially with Steen being pretty cryptic on Twitter - but if it's true I think it's a great acquisition. Especially with Prince Devitt and reportedly KENTA (I imagine the rumours are true with KENTA because I can't imagine him leaving NOAH if it wasn't for WWE) on their way to NXT too; the place is just brimming with talent.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mammoth" data-cite="Mammoth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Peoples thoughts on the rumours saying the 'E have signed Kevin Steen following his try-out a couple of months back? I won't believe it until I see it because we've been here before - especially with Steen being pretty cryptic on Twitter - but if it's true I think it's a great acquisition. Especially with Prince Devitt and reportedly KENTA (I imagine the rumours are true with KENTA because I can't imagine him leaving NOAH if it wasn't for WWE) on their way to NXT too; the place is just brimming with talent.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrestlezone are reporting Steen has signed. I'm worried WWE won't know what to do with him. He's more likely to end up Steen Kevinson the comedy jobber instead of Wrestling's Worst Nightmare. Best case scenario he skips NXT and debuts as the 3rd member of the Shield.</p>