The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

So I am watching NXT R Evolution...AGAIN

I have one message... RAW/Smackdown... BE AFRAID.

I mean not just the Superstars, but the Divas and the WRITERS. because Last night showed you how it was supposed to be done!!! I mean when the crowd chants "Holy ***" multiple points in the show to include "Marking out" and "We're not worthy" how many times have you heard this on Raw or Smackdown!!? I mean granted Survivor Series was good, but NXT blew that out of the Water!! I mean even the Women's match KILLED any match that a Diva's match has produced in the last 2 YEARS.

Just saying...

STEP YOUR GAME UP

Yes it's easy when you don't have some certain person rewriting a show multiple times before the show goes on air and then changing his mind by the next week anyways.

Being shorter doesn't somehow make them remember basic storytelling tropes. Nobody ever complains about the show being too long when it's good because they actually put in effort.

he said it's different and far easier writing 1 hour of TV a week(NXT) than it is the 6-8 hours of TV the main roster writers need to write.

True. And the longer shows must be more mainstream. How can you call for RAW to be like NXT? I've said it before: NXT is the show they put on to silence the marks and critics, aka. the typical ROH lovers (which are obviously sitting in the NXT crowd, I mean: look at 'em). NXT is awesome, but I'm afraid not that many people share our views, or they would frickin' watch it...

The promo for the Charlotte vs Sasha match (which was great) had her proclaiming "nobody can defeat me". You're coming into the match with a loss, toots... And it's making you look like a joke. So stop mixing up NXT and WWE. It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong: she had to lose. But there's a difference between "Nattie's husband" being dragged into RAW and the Charlotte appearance, which was completely unnecessary.

The Steen turn was to be expected but still caught me unawares. All in all a great event. LOVE the restyling of Finn. That entrance was gold. Probably one of the best events of the year for WWE (maybe the best?).

There is a very clear reason why nobody watches NxT

They never promote the show and instead opt to chant 9.99 when talking about the network.

If they promote something people will see it as a big deal, this is simple and has been proven.

What does being mainstream make raw have that NxT doesn't? Is it where they totally drop stories and don't mention them for no reason?

There is a very clear reason why nobody watches NxT

They never promote the show and instead opt to chant 9.99 when talking about the network.

If they promote something people will see it as a big deal, this is simple and has been proven.

What does being mainstream make raw have that NxT doesn't? Is it where they totally drop stories and don't mention them for no reason?

It's not what it has, it's what "Creative" thinks it needs to have. And that is cross-market appeal. It's why they've tried to win over the UFC crowd before and it's why we get asinine celebrity guests, WWE seems convinced that in order to be successful, wrestling fans must only be part of the crowd. And the people who could have a say in such things are too scared (for good reason) that Vince will fire them for disagreeing with him to say a thing.

So I am watching NXT R Evolution...AGAIN

Easily show of the year for me, Wrestlemania 30 was very good for me but this is the only PPV this year I've gone back to watch again because I'm still so buzzed from how good the show was.

Until WWE realise that Quality > Quantity, NXT will consistently be the more enjoyable to watch. The main roster programming is past diminishing returns now, I don't think it's just a case of bad writing (and there is plenty), but the sheer amount of time to fill and the resources they have.

NXT Takeover R Evolution Review:

Parker vs Owens - Owens' theme song is OK but I miss his Blue Smock Nancy ROH theme :( Good match and not the squash I expected. The busted nose from the palm strike made both guys look more badass. Love the combo finisher. Perfect debut!

Lucha Dragons vs Vaudevillians (Tag Team Championship) - Good match. The crowd were into both teams.

Dillinger vs Corbin - No Corbin/Bull match but at least Corbin got in an extra move or two.

The Ascension vs Itami & Balor - Great match. Way to make all the other entrances look like crap, Finn :D

Sasha vs Charlotte (Womens Championship) - Great match. Star-making performances from both women. I never thought I'd hear "This is wrestling" chants for a women's match in WWE!

Neville vs Zayn (NXT Championship) - MOTY Contender. It was fun to see Sami's "embrace the hate" storyline worked into the match and I really thought he was going to lose again at one point. It works better with Sami than with Cena because the fans love Sami and wanted him to win the big one without sinking to Neville's level. This was NXT's version of Bryan's Wrestlemania moment and it was awesome! And I almost stopped watching just before Owens' heel turn because I thought it was all over!!!

Verdict: This was NXT at its best and better than 90% of what the main roster has had to offer this year (including Raw, Smackdown and PPVs).

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2014/12/NXT_REV_Photob_58-4180674724.jpg

Forgot to mention Corey Graves did well in his announcing debut. After disliking his promo work as a wrestler I was pleasantly surprised. Brennan is also developing into a top class play-by-play guy. Would have preferred Albert to A-Ry as A-Ry tends to make more mistakes in his commentary.

And the people who could have a say in such things are too scared (for good reason) that Vince will fire them for disagreeing with him to say a thing.

That's why it's up to the crowd. Why don't they chant NXT during RAW programming? Probably because the crowd is filled with the 'average' WWE fan who doesn't know or care about it. WWE has chosen to give the crowd a voice these past years. Nobody chooses to voice their opinion on the live shows or chant "NXT" during Reigns' appearances. Bring an NXT sign. Support the NXT alumni.

I'm sure WWE will 'get' that show was awesome. And some of the officials will surely hate that.

The worst part about all this is that if Vince knew how much better NXT was compared to the main roster shows, instead of making the necessary radical changes that RAW needs - two hours, new commentary team, less polished presentation, more real characters, less manufactured pushes - he would simply destroy NXT instead and try to make people forget about it.

I agree with NXT [R]Evolution being PPV of the year, definitely loved the entrance of Finn Balor, just hope he keeps it for PPV events. I think there's only so many times I see it before I think of it as a moment to skip (as per The Undertaker's entrance). But definitely loved NXT as it's the first PPV I've watched in the past year or so from top to bottom.

All I can imagine is that Vince McMahon saw the trailer for the new Mad Max movie and went "How come we've never had wrestlers like that?!"

Since you know, in Vince McMahon's world, if it didn't happen in the last few years, it didn't happen.

You're giving Vince too much credit. This is the guy who had never head of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in 2005.

You're giving Vince too much credit. This is the guy who had never head of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in 2005.

I originally had something type up to the effect of "Who am I kidding? I'm sure he just now saw the original Mad Max and it blew his mind." but I got rid of portion.

If they embrace the cheese full on, but keep the entrance and music, I might warm up to them.

That Ascension promo was terrible, my God. I didn't even mind them in NXT but this could get real bad real fast. It looked like they found some lost footage from the mid-90s. Which is never a good thing to say about anything <_<

Well, they may have a bright future as Chikara's Campeonatos de Parejas. Or more likely "Oh my God, Taz! What are the Descension doing on Impact, live on Destination America, brought to you by Bellator MMA somehow?"

With all the news about the main roster being determined not to let NXT put on the better show I'm actually looking forward to TLC now. It's good because I have awful expectations of it so hopefully it can only exceed those. Just hoping Ziggler and Harper can put on a great match.

With all this news I can't help but think that they should use this in a storyline the whole nxt outshining RAW. I can imagine them not wanting to do it because they see it as bringing RAW down to NXT level but if done well it would just do the opposite. They harp on in every documentary about how good competition was and they have a chance at making some here either if it could never be at WCW vs WWF levels for obvious reasons it could still boost both shows. Could happen slowly and seem really real if they have some NXT stars debut and just act really confident due, have some WWE stars who have been to NXT like Kidd and Cesaro defect and then the rest writes itself really.

TLC opens with Ziggler-Harper, and blimey, that will take some following. If they wanted to step up to the bar set by NXT, they just did it.

Amazed Harper didn't break him arm though after a really really bad landing on a ladder after diving through the ropes. Full of painful spots, that one.