The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

It's not like Rey can do any worse than Blue Demon Jr :p

True :)

Rey could hobble out on crutches, blow every spot in a match and they'd still find a feature feud for him. Highly unlikely they'd waste Rey by having him put over the midcard.

Hopefully not to the detriment of the show. To be an instant main eventer he would need to be able to go hard for 10-15 minutes in multiple matches to complete a taping set. The one thing working in his favor at LU is the strong midcard and rotating main event. Every part of the roster is filled with interesting feuds and stories, so he'll have a chance to shine anywhere on the roster. I'd like to see him beat somone lower on the card like Chavo before feuding with Pentagon Jr or King Cuerno. If he's not sticking around for long have him put over one of the top heels like Cage on his way out.

NXT Review:

Itami vs Bull - OK match. The post-match angle was better. Breeze kicked Itami and took a photo with his selfie stick, then Itami kicked Breeze's ass before he escaped.

Lucha Dragons vs Dillinger & Jordan - OK match. Dillinger wouldn't tag so Jordan walked away. Dillinger refused to leave the ring so Corbin came out and squashed him. Looks like the tag division is getting smaller :confused:

Bayley vs Lynch - Solid match. Becky won with a painful looking Armbar submission. I want to see a Team BAE vs Bayley & Bliss feud with Becky turning on Sasha.

Rhyno - Solid backstage promo putting himself and NXT over.

Kendrick vs Balor - Solid match. The best move was Kendrick's Tiger Driver. They should have billed Kendrick as a mystery opponent instead of spoiling his return. Owens was at his intimidating best on commentary. He left early after Riley annoyed him and returned after the match to toss Riley over the announce table.

A-Ry - He wants to re-debut against Owens but Regal is making him choose between being an announcer and a competitor.

Verdict: OK show. They tried to pack too much into the short runtime. NXT needs an extra 15-20 minutes to give every match and segment the time it deserves but it won't happen until they split the taping schedule.

http://i.imgur.com/3KFhgXB.gif

True :)

Hopefully not to the detriment of the show. To be an instant main eventer he would need to be able to go hard for 10-15 minutes in multiple matches to complete a taping set. The one thing working in his favor at LU is the strong midcard and rotating main event. Every part of the roster is filled with interesting feuds and stories, so he'll have a chance to shine anywhere on the roster. I'd like to see him beat somone lower on the card like Chavo before feuding with Pentagon Jr or King Cuerno. If he's not sticking around for long have him put over one of the top heels like Cage on his way out.

He's a legend, his role wouldn't be to have 15 minute blow out matches anyways. He'd probably be featured in tags and get a hot tag to do 4 moves and never even take a bump during the match

There is a reason so many Lucha stars last so long. Most of them realize they are so over and dont have to kill themselves to make a match work

He's a legend, his role wouldn't be to have 15 minute blow out matches anyways. He'd probably be featured in tags and get a hot tag to do 4 moves and never even take a bump during the match

There is a reason so many Lucha stars last so long. Most of them realize they are so over and dont have to kill themselves to make a match work

Ain't that the truth. El Santo wrestled until he was in his 60s.

There's also the respect factor. The fans aren't going to shit on an old legend if he can't have 15 minute blockbuster matches and a smart booker isn't going to kill their name value by having them compete frequently and looking bad in the first place.

Rey is going to be a wrestler a once in a blue moon wrestler who will have single matches on the biggest shows to elevate someone to the next level or bail out the heroes when they are outnumbered in a trio match as you said.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone been having problems viewing the WWE Network today? Every time I try to get in, it boots me to the "how to watch" page. It's very annoying, just wondering if anyone else is havingn the same issue.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had some issues with the App on my iPhone this morning - it wasn't recognising that my account actually had the network so I couldn't get anywhere.</p><p> </p><p> And then on the PS3 this afternoon - it took two attempts for it to actually load. But it seems to be working fine now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone been having problems viewing the WWE Network today? Every time I try to get in, it boots me to the "how to watch" page. It's very annoying, just wondering if anyone else is havingn the same issue.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You didn't say what you were logging in with. I know on my desktop the log in won't work unless I go anonymous for some reason. I just open up an anonymous page and it works perfectly. It isn't a new issue, but it was a new issue for me for some reason.</p><p> </p><p> As far as other ways, I don't know but I'm sure someone else could help with more information.</p>

Raw Review:

Most entertaining Raw in a long time. The entire roster got the right amount of attention (except the Goldust/Stardust feud). The main event was good and so were most of the segments. My favorite parts:

The IC title match build is fun as hell. R-Truth is comedy gold on commentary. Miz's non-PG commercial. Mixed tag feud. Steph/Cena segment. Axelmania! Hunter fake firing Booker. AJ Lee return. Rollins/Stewart segment. Heyman with an all-time classic promo (Heyman and Stewart should be teaching promo classes). Rollins vs Reigns.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9e4dd0321fb70e9dcad37d3d86d48352/tumblr_nkm5wuAHWt1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/N6EcJjP.gif

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/maxresdefault_zpsfbjwg0x1.jpg~original

Very entertaining Raw, with lots of story development. It still doesn't feel like WrestleMania season though.

Best

Bray's feud with Undertaker is progressing fantastically IMO. I really liked his promo and the burning casket.

Rollins/Stewart was surprisingly entertaining, unlike most guest star participation.

The Intercontinental Ladder match might just be the first multi man ladder match to have an entertaining storyline behind it, reminds me a bit of the Armageddon Hell in a Cell match back in 2000.

Worst

Daniel Bryan getting almost no time on the show. Why are they trying to force their most over wrestler into a Midcard role?

Ramblin' Roman strikes again. I don't hate the guy, but he is definitely not ready to main event WM. He stumbles over a couple of words in each of his promos, and despite having natural charisma, comes across bland as bread on the mic.

Pretty enjoyable Raw, but almost no wrestling.

Isn't it kinda bad that while Nattie is mad at Tyson because of her busted ankle, she's busy stomping around on said ankle?

Also, it's really bad that Brock, Sting and Taker are nowhere to be seen. I'm okay with part-timers, but can they at least have some involvement in their own feuds?

Raw Review:

Most entertaining Raw in a long time. The entire roster got the right amount of attention (except the Goldust/Stardust feud). The main event was good and so were most of the segments. My favorite parts:

The IC title match build is fun as hell. R-Truth is comedy gold on commentary. Miz's non-PG commercial. Mixed tag feud. Steph/Cena segment. Axelmania! Hunter fake firing Booker. AJ Lee return. Rollins/Stewart segment. Heyman with an all-time classic promo (Heyman and Stewart should be teaching promo classes). Rollins vs Reigns.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9e4dd0321fb70e9dcad37d3d86d48352/tumblr_nkm5wuAHWt1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/N6EcJjP.gif

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/maxresdefault_zpsfbjwg0x1.jpg~original

I wish Hulu would just show full episodes of Raw. I didn't get to see that Cesaro/Kidd/Nattie or Miz moments because it cuts out half the show.

I don't think I need to mention who.

Sarah? :p

Seriously though, while his methods are controversial, some of them actually result in positive gains. However, several of these methods I'd only use as a last resort as the abundance of injuries resulting from them is not worth the risk. A number of them are simply 'not done'. His problem is that he needs to let his class know he 'loves' them (not in a 'faggy' way, Bill), and that he's joking. Sometimes you also need to give positive reinforcement as well.

This person obviously seems frustrated with the way his career turned out and it taking to coaching as a way to 'make up', but clearly isn't qualified to do so.

One of the commenters is right: they're a bunch of hypocrites... Promote an anti-bullying campaign but tolerate forms of bullying in their work practice. Ask for people's opinion all the time and say they are listening, but clearly ignore the public input. Commend an Oscar speech on equal rights, run commercials during ultra-short women's matches. They're making fools out of themselves.

Nothing wrong with some old school tough love coaching for trainees but DeMott takes it way too far.

WWE's response:

WWE took the accusations made two years ago by Austin Matelson very seriously, conducted a full investigation and was unable to validate the claims. Regardless, WWE continues to reinforce policies and procedures to ensure a positive training environment.

Ziggler's brother Ryan's response:

In 2 years I have still not been questioned once about my part in that poor guy's letter. That is the opposite of a "full investigation."

And going back 10 years when Kenny Omega was in WWE developmental (DSW).

"I went there and it was like really grueling physical training we were training to be MMA fighters not professional wrestlers (laughter). I liked it and enjoyed it because that's the kind of training that I like to do. The problem with Deep South to me is that there was a group that were tight with the boss and they would always go out and drink and have barbeques. Then when WWE would say who should we look at? Bill Demott would say oh look at this guy and this guy. Of course those were his buddies…."

Guys like Enzo and Rusev made the right choice for their careers keeping their mouths shut about DeMott.

Spoilers from SmackDown below in white.

- Stardust will be in the Intercontinental Title Match at WrestleMania most probably. One more year, one more wasted Cody vs. Goldust opportunity. -

I wanted to be dead right now.