The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Big Boss Man in the Hall of Fame? Hell yeah! Maybe Davey Boy Smith will get in too this year.

As for Vince McMahon being a total control freak, I am not surprised at all. He is so out of touch with the modern wrestling world. That is why I prefer TNA and ROH. Say what you will about TNA but at least they know when to give up on a bad idea when something or someone is not getting over.

*Clears throat* Aces n' Eights *Ahem*

Damn, was Lana at her finest tonight. Did she get some implants or what? I mean, DAMN MATE! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niTvkPZjvdg

Things have not changed hardly at all and it's been almost a year....Vince needs to retcon it and let the guy get over organically.

It's too late in my opinion to get him over as a face right now. Heel turn is the only way to go at least until he earns enough credibility to when he can be turned into a face by feuding with Cena.

<p>WrestleMania still looks mediocre and RAW last night didn't do a whole lot to help it much.</p><p> </p><p>

To me the best parts of the show last night was the "A-Hole" and "CM Punk" chants to Mr McMahon....and I thought his response to them were great. And the very end of the show when Triple-H and Bray had that stare down. Other than that, nothing really knocked me off my seat.</p><p> </p><p>

The Sammy/KO thing was good, but a little predictable and of course the Heel turn of <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Chris Jericho</span> was good but also predictable.</p><p> </p><p>

I am really hoping they pull something out of the air to make it seem more like a Wrestlemania....but my hopes are not too high.</p>

<p>Glad to see we finally got Owens V Zayn, though seems like Big Show just....forgot he won via DQ over the champ? W/e not gonna question it haha.</p><p> </p><p>

Show was fine, but that's all it was, fine. I think they pulled the heel turn on Y2AJ to soon, and I would be so pissed if I bought on of those shirts lol.</p>

<p>I'm really starting to question why RAW is live anymore? I watched the Hulu version and the power of selective editing made that episode look phenomenal (no AJ puns intended). Why can't they just run RAW at 4 p.m. in the afternoon and then edit a 2 hour version to air at 9 p.m. </p><p> </p><p>

The fans who buy tickets still get a 3 hour show plus superstars while the people at home get a way more digestible show. That was one of the best RAWs I watched in a long time seeing it this way.</p><p> </p><p>

I second the statement on the Y2AJ shirts as I thought I was watching from the year 1997 again with the knee jerk turn. That was an awesome match with a crazy shock turn afterwards. I thought they pulled it off well but I thought they could have gotten some steam out of that team before they turned Chris.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't conceivably see any team that would make sense or be a good idea to pull the tag titles off of The New Day...After I seen this booking I thought to myself a way to fix it at Roadblock and everyone comes out looking like a million bucks.</p><p> </p><p>

Have Bray and Lesnar go 20 minutes ending with a messy Wyatt interference. Have Ambrose go over on HHH to end the show....the next night on RAW HHH opens the show fuming having Hunter demanding a rematch while getting interrupted by The Rock. The Rock cuts a scathing promo that ends with HHH hearing enough and they have a pull apart brawl. This adds a match to Mania of The Rock vs. HHH, changes the main event to Ambrose vs. Reigns which presents a heel turn of Reigns that everyone is pining for. Lesnar can have a gauntlet match with the Wyatt family destroying each one until he faces Bray and Bray goes over. This keeps Lesnar looking like a monster destroying 3 guys and gives Bray an epic win.....WWE I just got your network buys back up you can thank me later</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I second the statement on the Y2AJ shirts as I thought I was watching from the year 1997 again with the knee jerk turn.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought the turn was clear as day based on the complete 180 Jericho did in personality. The shirt is a non issue, they've made special shirts for one night only before. Liger/NXT, event shirts, etc</p><p> </p><p> The turned reminded me of playing Civ and seeing someone you hate is suddenly "friendly" to you, which means they will backstab you soon.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought the turn was clear as day based on the complete 180 Jericho did in personality. The shirt is a non issue, they've made special shirts for one night only before. Liger/NXT, event shirts, etc<p> </p><p> The turned reminded me of playing Civ and seeing someone you hate is suddenly "friendly" to you, which means they will backstab you soon.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean, obviously the turn was going to happen. I don't think anyone expected the potential team to last much longer than mania. </p><p> </p><p> Like 48 hours after you sell a shirt is the height of shilling though lmao. There are people who bought that shirt who's shipping time will last longer than the team.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought the turn was clear as day based on the complete 180 Jericho did in personality. The shirt is a non issue, they've made special shirts for one night only before. Liger/NXT, event shirts, etc<p> </p><p> The turned reminded me of playing Civ and seeing someone you hate is suddenly "friendly" to you, which means they will backstab you soon.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The power of editing made it look flawless on Hulu. I watched it a little bit ago and was blown back.</p>

Above average Raw by recent standards.

- Don't care for Taker doing Vince's bidding without explanation but the storyline between Vince and Shane is cool.

- Owens vs Neville was a perfect NXT-style 5 minute match. Owens won and beat the crap out of Neville instead of losing like I expected. Sami Zayn was icing on the cake. If rumors are true this feud won't be rushed. If anything, they should have Zayn lose the feud and not beat Owens for the IC Title until SummerSlam. Give Zayn the Daniel Bryan midcard underdog treatment to build him up with the casual audience.

- I hope we get a satisfying resolution to Ambrose's story because he sure as hell isn't beating HHH at Roadblock and he's the hottest babyface in the company right now.

- Sasha & Becky was the same ending as Smackdown. Could have just shown the recap.

- Brie vs Lana is stupid and so was Lana in her Ziggler gear but she pulled Brie's finisher smoother than Brie does.

- New Day vs Y2AJ was great. The heel turn was well executed but Jericho vs AJ is about to head into spam mode. Should have kept them as a tag team for a month or 2 first.

- Bray vs Ambrose was decent. The best parts were Bray touching the belt and Ambrose hitting Dirty Deeds on HHH.

Above average Raw by recent standards.

- Don't care for Taker doing Vince's bidding without explanation but the storyline between Vince and Shane is cool.

- Owens vs Neville was a perfect NXT-style 5 minute match. Owens won and beat the crap out of Neville instead of losing like I expected. Sami Zayn was icing on the cake. If rumors are true this feud won't be rushed. If anything, they should have Zayn lose the feud and not beat Owens for the IC Title until SummerSlam. Give Zayn the Daniel Bryan midcard underdog treatment to build him up with the casual audience.

- I hope we get a satisfying resolution to Ambrose's story because he sure as hell isn't beating HHH at Roadblock and he's the hottest babyface in the company right now.

- Sasha & Becky was the same ending as Smackdown. Could have just shown the recap.

- Brie vs Lana is stupid and so was Lana in her Ziggler gear but she pulled Brie's finisher smoother than Brie does.

- New Day vs Y2AJ was great. The heel turn was well executed but Jericho vs AJ is about to head into spam mode. Should have kept them as a tag team for a month or 2 first.

- Bray vs Ambrose was decent. The best parts were Bray touching the belt and Ambrose hitting Dirty Deeds on HHH.

Why did WWE even bother creating a t shirt for Y2AJ if they where just going to break them up that quickly?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why did WWE even bother creating a t shirt for Y2AJ if they where just going to break them up that quickly?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/VV0ahpc.gif</span></p>

Amazing 2/3 falls match on NXT last night between sami and Joe. If that's Sami's last night on NXT, pretty fitting send off.

Great match, recommned you guys catch it. Went the whole show

Zayn is working Takeover: Dallas. That'll likely be his last night.

<p>Ace Ventura called and wants his pompadour back!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

In all seriousness I really can't believe they are going through with the crap main event of mania...This event did nothing to change anything. They had a really good Dean win tease but other than that I don't know what they are thinking.</p>

I do think that as a whole, Roadblock was much stronger than Fastlane.

The only slightly disappointing matches were the Tag Titles (Kofi was pretty botchy) and Lesnar vs. Harper (Bait and switch). The rest of the matches were really solid. It was much better than their last network special.

I do think that as a whole, Roadblock was much stronger than Fastlane.

The only slightly disappointing matches were the Tag Titles (Kofi was pretty botchy) and Lesnar vs. Harper (Bait and switch). The rest of the matches were really solid. It was much better than their last network special.

I didn't even know that there WAS a network special.

Sounds like it was a good one.