The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The cinematography is on a different level, but it's not just the Sick6 reveal, it's the spear shot, the Punk reveal at Clash, it's really top quality and adds to the show.

Let's cross our fingers for the group. Impressive faction reveals are pretty much yearly events in wrestling. That leading to an impressive faction run is a much rarer event.

• Like 1

On another note, can they please stop risking injuries and taking unnecessary hazards with suicide dives and springboard maneuvers?

Bron Breakker is the the next big thing in the entire business by a mile, why let him doing that top rope hurricanrana? Same with Priest's dive in Glasgow (even tho I get doing it occasionally on PLE and bigger shows), or with Austin Theory's botch on SmackDown months ago, and the list goes on and on.

2 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

On another note, can they please stop risking injuries and taking unnecessary hazards with suicide dives and springboard maneuvers?

Bron Breakker is the the next big thing in the entire business by a mile, why let him doing that top rope hurricanrana? Same with Priest's dive in Glasgow (even tho I get doing it occasionally on PLE and bigger shows), or with Austin Theory's botch on SmackDown months ago, and the list goes on and on.

The top rope Frankensteiner is part of Bron's moveset because his uncle made it famous in North America. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

The top rope Frankensteiner is part of Bron's moveset because his uncle made it famous in North America. 

Oh, thx for pointing that out Jaysin ;) But was Scott doing THAT by jumping over the third rope?! I can hardly believe it ngl lol

Even if he did, I still don't think it's a great idea to take unnecessary risks on free live TV when you have tons of other pros and way to make an impact. I can get it doing like 2/3 a year for that highlight moment on big stages/big matches tho.

14 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Oh, thx for pointing that out Jaysin ;) But was Scott doing THAT by jumping over the third rope?! I can hardly believe it ngl lol

Even if he did, I still don't think it's a great idea to take unnecessary risks on free live TV when you have tons of other pros and way to make an impact. I can get it doing like 2/3 a year for that highlight moment on big stages/big matches tho.

I agree that there should be far less risks being taken, but was just pointing out the legacy of the move. Second and third gen workers have been adopting their family's moves and modifying them for ages though. I wasn't sure if you were familiar with the Steiners when they were in their prime, hence pointing it out. Sorry. 

Huge debut for Jacob Fatu. WWE immediately making Jacob look like a star -- that spot with Cody was huge and really well-executed. Fatu looked unstoppable here and his character got over well. 

WWE recently signed Hikuleo from New Japan -- do you think WWE debuts Hikuleo on the main roster, and if so, what role does he have in the new Bloodline? Would two enforcers be too many?

• Like 1

It will never fail to amuse me that, after years of trying to get him over unsuccessfully as a babyface, the best way to get the audience to unequivocally cheer for Roman Reigns is to... keep him off of TV for several months.

I'd be more enthused for Fatu's debut if it wasn't the same kind of Smackdown "Main Event ends in a DQ finish when the Bloodline arrives" nonsense that's been done to death.

It didn't excite me as a debut, but that's probably because I see Jacob Fatu as the fourth badass savage "Samoan" of a four-men stable. To me, it doesn't seem like the ideal situation to see him stand out as a one-of-a-kind legit menace. It was a great introduction though, taking out Cody Rhodes, Kevin Owens and Randy Orton all by himself automatically take him to a high perception level. And gosh, everything CM Punk and Drew McIntyre are doing is just fabulous, top class superstars and great acting. Can't wait to see their match at SummerSlam, I assume.

Great show last night, SmackDown is by far the best tv wrestling show atm!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Watched NXT last night because of Joe Hendry and was immediately annoyed. First elimination? Really?

Sets up more programs for him. I wouldn't have booked it that way but WWE still hit on a gem so if they follow this up well it'll make up for it.

11 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

It didn't excite me as a debut, but that's probably because I see Jacob Fatu as the fourth badass savage "Samoan" of a four-men stable.

Also doesn't help that it follows Wyatt Sicks on RAW and Joe Hendry on NXT. After those two, ANY debut would have had trouble being interesting.