The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Really bummed I couldn't take my son to SummerSlam like I had planned, but he would have hated being in the rain all day in Cleveland.

That said, SummerSlam was a fun show all around I think. Interested to see how Raw and Smackdown shake out this week. 

Also, kudos to Nia Jax for improving drastically as an in ring performer. She looks great and can deliver her side of the agreement in matches these days. My fiance and I lost it when Tiffy's music hit and ended up laughing that they swerved me. 

None of the major wrestling promotions are 100% good right now, but man, it's nice having options. 

• Like 3

It feels like a forgone conclusion than Finn, Liv, Dom and JD will be the new... JD. Who knows about Carlito, lol. I just hope they make Finn a bad ass again and not continuing with Pin Balor

Too early for The Rock. That's something for late year/early next year to set up Wrestlemania.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

WWE is hot, no doubt about it, so that's not really a criticism but more of a thought.

Do you think that the long-term planned booking of HHH for the main roster became too predictable? I'm talking like, where's the last time we get a real upset in a Championship match? I'm enjoying WWE booking a lot, but maybe - just maybe - from time to time I would love to see some championship change that's really surprising.

Imo not really. It's kind of like suspense vs. shock. You generally know things will happen but not necessarily when (although this obviously applies less to title matches).

Last upset was surely Unholy Union winning the Women's Tag Titles.

Don't really need that many shock winners either imo. A few is good but too many and it starts devaluing the belt and setting expectations. The question for me is when would be a time for a shock winner that makes the storylines better?

• Like 1

Watched Raw and enjoyed it. Stoked for Ludwig to have his dream match with Orton.

Tried to watch NXT and kept cringeing. What's with the Havok/Rosemary knock off Wendy Choo?

Edited by Jaysin

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Watched Raw and enjoyed it. Stoked for Ludwig to have his dream match with Orton.

Tried to watch NXT and kept cringeing. What's with the Havok/Rosemary knock off Wendy Choo?

HBK must like Choo and keeps trying to find a way to use her. It's at least her 3rd different gimmick in NXT.

51 minutes ago, bhalbur said:

HBK must like Choo and keeps trying to find a way to use her. It's at least her 3rd different gimmick in NXT.

She seems like a good person and her in ring work isn't bad, but the gimmick just seems like a poor man's Rosemary or Havok. 

Oh and after that Main Event I can officially say the Wyatt6 is a hugely successful addition to the WWE.  After all this time we finally got reminded that Taylor Rotunda has a lot more to offer than just some promo skills and a creepy mask.  We all know Gable can flat out work but he needs someone who can go with him and Howdy looked really good tonight.  It felt sort of ... special and how many in ring debuts/returns really feel that way?

Watching the Bash, is something wrong with KO and/or Cody? That match seemed like it never kicked into a higher gear. The crowd and commentators were acting like it was a high octane slugfest, but it just seemed so run of the mill. Not bad at all obviously, but just missing a spark.