The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone else think Matt Hardy possibly ate Jeff Hardy?<p> </p><p> Jeff needs to give Matt some of his coke to help him drop the pounds</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See, if only they were working as a team again....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> These statements made me laugh, thats all for now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hulkamaniac85" data-cite="Hulkamaniac85" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Liking this interaction between the Miz & Ocho! Good stuff haha</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Child please, the only thing entertaining about Raw so far is Ochocinco himself</p>

<p>Okay...</p><p> </p><p>

Am I the only one who thought the Sheamus/Morrisson falls count anywhere match was pretty fantastic?</p><p> </p><p>

Has to be one of the better matches the WWE has put on live TV in a while, particularly for a non-main event. I think the only thing that took away from it was the interference ending... but given the rules and the storyline, I wasn't shocked and kinda expected it.</p><p> </p><p>

Loved Sheamus's reaction when he missed the kick and took out that chunk of equipment instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>**** you WWE for taking away the potential show saver spot...I wanted to see that 450!<p> </p><p> That FU into RKO was awful, but kudos for attempting it</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> HAHA!!! Right, I was sooo hoping to see the 450 through the table. Oh well, maybe another time.</p><p> </p><p> And yeah, the RKO to counter the FU through the table looked... akward... It's an excellent idea, but in the end it sorta looked at first like Cena just accidentally fell sideways while trying to hit the FU and hit the table too... I mean, part of Orton still went through the table. Awesome idea, but it didn't work out quite like it probably should've.</p><p> </p><p> Overall, I liked the show. One of the WWE's better efforts in recent history. Sheamus was golden all night, his match with Morrisson being one of the best non-Main Events the WWE has given on free TV, and I actually really dug the overbooked main event. Sure, it was over the top chaos, but it was fun over the top chaos.</p><p> </p><p> What I didn't like? The R-Truth segment <em>Sucked</em> with a capital S. See? The S is capitalized. I honestly think I enjoyed Ted DiBiase Jr's rendition of My Way more than the crappy rap song R-Truth busted out with, which probably isn't the reaction they were going for. R-Truth is a crappy rapper and it's an even crappier gimmick. It didn't work well for him when he was K-Kwik, and it still annoys me today.</p><p> </p><p> Torn on the Goldust/Regal stuff... the initial angle was funny, as was the manner in which the match ended, but... eh. The match seemed like an afterthought, and made Regal look awful (and as a Regal mark, this makes me sad).</p>

Gomenasai. Wakarimasen ga?

Iie, chotto wakarimash*ta.

Far from fluent, though... I just watch enough foreign films and anime to pick up on just about the most basic parts of sentences. For Japanese refences in American TV, it's more than enough to keep track, but the times I've tried to watch AJPW I've been completely lost outside of names and finishers, for the most part.

EDIT: Apparently, it thinks I'm referring, very cleverly, to fecal matter. Ah, well. You'd hardly pronounce that 'i' anyways.

What I didn't like? The R-Truth segment Sucked with a capital S. See? The S is capitalized. I honestly think I enjoyed Ted DiBiase Jr's rendition of My Way more than the crappy rap song R-Truth busted out with, which probably isn't the reaction they were going for. R-Truth is a crappy rapper and it's an even crappier gimmick. It didn't work well for him when he was K-Kwik, and it still annoys me today.

No to harp on this (because hellshock might come in and we'd be stuck in a 7page debate on the matter ;) ) but R-Truth is a decent worker witha sh*t gimmick.

I don't know if it's his fault or the hopelessly outdated writers...but his 'rapper' gimmick is pathetic because a)he's a bad rapper and b) it's totally unbelievable...watching RTruth is like seeing one of those cheesy 80s TV show/Commercials where black people would start spontaneously rapping about rainbows and potato chips or whatever.

Awful.

The fact that they signed Truth and released Burke at almost the same time is still one of the more baffling moves in wrestling over the last few years.

No to harp on this (because hellshock might come in and we'd be stuck in a 7page debate on the matter ;) ) but R-Truth is a decent worker witha sh*t gimmick.

I don't know if it's his fault or the hopelessly outdated writers...but his 'rapper' gimmick is pathetic because a)he's a bad rapper and b) it's totally unbelievable...watching RTruth is like seeing one of those cheesy 80s TV show/Commercials where black people would start spontaneously rapping about rainbows and potato chips or whatever.

Awful.

The fact that they signed Truth and released Burke at almost the same time is still one of the more baffling moves in wrestling over the last few years.

R'Truth really has only had 2 gimmicks. The thug and the rapper, heel and face. He is much more believable as the Thug if you ask me. If he would just quit dancing around and starting scowling at people, he would have a little menace to him. I think they should start a black panther-esque stable. Be like a Nation of Domination stable but with a little more edge and not the damn African colors.

R'Truth really has only had 2 gimmicks. The thug and the rapper, heel and face. He is much more believable as the Thug if you ask me. If he would just quit dancing around and starting scowling at people, he would have a little menace to him. I think they should start a black panther-esque stable. Be like a Nation of Domination stable but with a little more edge and not the damn African colors.

I honestly think that they are afraid to do something like this with their current 'product settings'

I'd say that's probably WHY they cut Burke; they saw that his Pope is Pimpin gimmick would get over but in today's WWE there's just no way they're running a black man out there to talk about pimpin and slappin hos.

In the Attitude Era? yes...in kid friendly 2010? No

I honestly think that they are afraid to do something like this with their current 'product settings'

I'd say that's probably WHY they cut Burke; they saw that his Pope is Pimpin gimmick would get over but in today's WWE there's just no way they're running a black man out there to talk about pimpin and slappin hos.

In the Attitude Era? yes...in kid friendly 2010? No

What I was going to say... How much longer is this PG era going to last? :confused:

Probably until they have a form of competition that could be viewed as even remotely to be a threat. No reason to take risks right now.

In other words, blame TNA for spending so much time sucking.

This.

Seriously...WWE has ZERO reason to make any risky moves. That's why they run the same match 47 times in a row, that's why their storylines are so predictable,that's why you can watch RAW once a month and be caught up on things...they're totally on cruise control

This.

Seriously...WWE has ZERO reason to make any risky moves. That's why they run the same match 47 times in a row, that's why their storylines are so predictable,that's why you can watch RAW once a month and be caught up on things...they're totally on cruise control

Well.... how much money yall got? Lets all pool our money together and start our own company...

While I only watch WWE sparingly, I was curious about something. Someone PLEASE explain to me WHY Randy Orton is a main eventer? What was that slamming his fists on the ground thing last night? First he's this cerebral stalking type guy who moves slowly and calculating around the ring (which he doesn't pull off very well-he looks like he has back and neck issues), the he drops down and throws a sort of intimidation FIT? what is that?

It's good to see I can not watch wwe for 6+ Months and the main even picture hasn't changed (unfortunately) I really wish they'd develop some more young talent and give em a chance. Not this "nexus" thing, whatever that is..a bunch of young thugs??

One last thing..what's up with Jericho? I wish he'd leave, mainly because they given him these terrible gimmicks. Sit in the ring and cry about getting in a match? or he'll quit? GEEZ! Let him be the (oops hit the word filter) confident heel he was when he came in as Y2J and great great promos and bury his competition that way (like he did to the Rock when he did debut).