The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

This is too eerie...From Raw...I hope it's just a coincidence, but it's just too strange.

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

I don't believe this. He had just been inducted, appeared on RAW, become an ambassador for WWE, and everything was looking up. If suicide is what it was then it would be truly saddening.

Yeah, but you never know what thoughts go through ones head, it just seems a little too Ironic with his speech

This is nuts, my brother and I were watching Raw and he said Warrior was going to give himself a heart attack by working himself into a frenzy as a joke during his promo. Absolutely shocking that he actually ended up dieing.

R.I.P Warrior.

Yeah the shocking part doesn't come from him dying; the shocking part comes from him daying just a day after finishing a series of significant appearances where he did a few good speaks/promos and looked reasonably well (compared to many of his similarly-aged peers)... surreal.

Of course, I exaggerated for effect. But you cannot deny that a great deal of his offense is kicks to the body and head. Too much, for my blood. Maybe I just have too high expectations for him due to the massive hype surrounding everything he touches these days, but while fairly good, the match did nothing special for me.

I've tried to like him as much as the average IWC fan due to his hype. And sure, I do enjoy his character - but I just feel that his in-ring work isn't living up to his hype. While I have no doubt that it's WWE who's limiting him, it still dissapoints me and takes something away from him in my eyes.

Yeah it appears that sublety is not Cena's strongest feat.

Watch Bryan's classic ROH matches on Youtube or DVD. It still amazes me how well he's adapted to WWE's style of wrestling. Even more than Punk, who was always going to succeed in WWE once they let him do his pipebombs.

As for Cena, he's been improving in the ring the last few years. He's had good matches against Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Harper, Rollins and even got a decent match out of Rowan. His biggest weakness is his in-ring acting and corny promos.

I just realized Dean Ambrose is coming up on holding the US title a full year. He won it at Extreme Rules last year(May 19th). It's a shame he has barely defended it. He didn't even come out with it on Raw. I wonder if he will on Main Event?

They need to have Big E unify the IC & US titles, then drop them to Cesaro.

RAW won't be lacking an Adam Rose Experience for long!!!! Oh I'm also a Bo-liever!!

I'm actually kind of disappointed in Cesaro becoming a Paul Heyman guy. I mean I always wait and see where things go but is he still a bad guy? He's Heyman a good guy? Clearly Brock isn't going to be given a face turn, but like I said I'm willing to see where it goes.

Zeb needs another client! Weather in a team with Jack S or have them separate, we need more Real Americans!!!

Heyman is so damn good he can be an uber-heel manager and babyface manager on the same show!

PAIGE IS THE NEW DIVAS CHAMPION

HELL YEAH, I MARKED OUT SO MUCH

GOOD LORD, IT WAS SO F***ING AWESOME!

(Obs.: Her theme song is the BEST.DIVA.THEME.SONG.EVER.)

I want her and AJ to go back and forth on the title for a couple of months. A proper feud while they build up the other talented divas like Emma, Summer and Naomi.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/paige6_zps5738f247.jpg~originalhttp://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/ajlee-paige1_zpsa33343f0.jpg~original

The Monday, April 7th, post-WrestleMania edition of WWE RAW averaged 5.14 million viewers, significantly up from the 4.63 million viewers who tuned in to the show last week.

The hourly breakdown for Monday's RAW is as follows:

Hour One: 5.31 million viewers

Hour Two: 5.09 million viewers

Hour Three: 5.03 million viewers

The final rating came in at a 3.7, the highest rating for RAW since the special 1,000th edition of the show in July of 2012.

As for Cena, he's been improving in the ring the last few years. He's had good matches against Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Harper, Rollins and even got a decent match out of Rowan. His biggest weakness is his in-ring acting and corny promos.

I've grown to appreciate Cena and what he brings to the table. He is to the WWE now what Hogan was to it back in the 1980's, after all. I only have two major issues with him and they are that after a match he never sells that he has been in a "battle". His match with Bray at Mania, for example, I really enjoyed, but as soon as he got the win, it seemed liked he'd only just got to the win, wrestled for a couple of minutes, and picked up the win after not taking any damage. It gave no sense of having just been in a real battle, which it was, and took me right out of believing in the match.

My second issue is the persistence in him starting almost every promo recently by saying something along the lines of "I know that some of you don't like me, but we all know I come out here every week and give you everything I have, blah, blah, blah". I like Cena on the mic', but when he starts with this I just switch off and stop paying attention. He needs to just concentrate on the storytelling and do less of the trying to win the other side of the audience over. Other than that I usually like his work.

Also, it's a sad day that we have to say farewell to the Warrior. :(

Looking back at how rough Warrior looked, and the promo he did on Raw, it was as if he knew his time was short and was ready to go now that he had made peace with everybody and was able to have everyone tell the right story on his career. :( I actually remember first seeing him down here in DFW wrestling in World Class as the Dingo Warrior, complete with short hair and a mustache. He was also remembered here for doing a series of TV commercials for a local auto dealership, Westway Ford, and kept doing them even after he started working for the WWE, which I think was very cool on his part. I think I may still have his Wrestling Buddy pillow somewhere.

Time for some fantasy booking:

- Ambrose beats Big E to unify the IC & US Titles. Cesaro beats Ambrose for the Unified IC Title. He retains against the likes of Sheamus, Ziggler & Rollins before dropping it to Reigns.

- Lesnar beats Bryan at Summerslam 2014 for the WWE Title.

- As per Lesnar's limited appearances contract, he holds the WWE Title ransom. Bryan challenges Lesnar to his rematch at Wrestlemania 31.

- Cesaro wins the Royal Rumble 2015 while Lesnar retains the WWE Title against Cena.

- At Wrestlemania 31, Bryan is outnumbered in the triple threat match but Lesnar turns on Cesaro and retains the WWE Title. Cesaro ambushes Lesnar after the match with a big uppercut and delivers the Gotch Neutralizer.

- At Extreme Rules 2015, Cesaro beats Lesnar for the WWE Title after Bryan provides a distraction. Cesaro eventually drops the WWE Title to Batista (or Bray Wyatt).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Time for some fantasy booking:<p> </p><p> - Ambrose beats Big E to unify the IC & US Titles. Cesaro beats Ambrose for the Unified IC Title. He retains against the likes of Sheamus, Ziggler & Rollins before dropping it to Reigns.</p><p> - Lesnar beats Bryan at Summerslam 2014 for the WWE Title.</p><p> - As per Lesnar's limited appearances contract, he holds the WWE Title ransom. Bryan challenges Lesnar to his rematch at Wrestlemania 31.</p><p> - Cesaro wins the Royal Rumble 2015 while Lesnar retains the WWE Title against Cena.</p><p> - At Wrestlemania 31, Bryan is outnumbered in the triple threat match but Lesnar turns on Cesaro and retains the WWE Title. Cesaro ambushes Lesnar after the match with a big uppercut and delivers the Gotch Neutralizer.</p><p> - At Extreme Rules 2015, Cesaro beats Lesnar for the WWE Title after Bryan provides a distraction. Cesaro eventually drops the WWE Title to Batista (or Bray Wyatt).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What about the eventual MiTB winner throughout this time? Any thoughts on how they could work that sort of thing in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UkWrestleFan" data-cite="UkWrestleFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What about the eventual MiTB winner throughout this time? Any thoughts on how they could work that sort of thing in.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they unify the IC/US titles and book it seriously like the old WHC belt, they could have the MITB winner get a shot at that instead (Reigns would be my pick). It would be a good use of the talented midcard.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they unify the IC/US titles and book it seriously like the old WHC belt, they could have the MITB winner get a shot at that instead (Reigns would be my pick). It would be a good use of the talented midcard.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You don't need to unify the titles to do that</p><p> </p><p> And there is no way in hell Brock at makes it out of WM31 as champion. That should be the moment of someone's career when they beat him whether it's Cesaro or Reigns or maybe even Bryan if they don't want to give one of them a main event which is entirely possible with Bryan, Cena, and Orton all still going to be at the top.</p><p> </p><p> I would still have Brock/Cesaro during Brock's reign with Brock winning a close match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't need to unify the titles to do that</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The US Title has been defended so little in past year it's about on par with the Divas Title. 1 properly booked midcard belt could become prestigious.</p>