The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>I just watched the last episode of TNA and I have to say it was not that bad. I am not a fan of the main event scene (Hardy vs. Hardy and Galloway vs. Lashley) but that might be more due to the fact that I have never been a fan of any of them no matter what company they were in. There were a lot of new faces on the roster so I was a little out of the loop when it came to some of what was going on.</p><p> </p><p>

I have to say I like Grado. I always have been a fan of the weird or crazy wrestlers I mean heck one of my favorite wrestler's when I was a kid was George "The Animal" Steele. I think Grado sort of fits that mode of a non-traditional wrestler with a comedic aspect to him.</p><p> </p><p>

The Knockouts division has been completely done over since the last time I have seriously watched TNA. I had no clue that Maria was now in charge of it (On screen of course) and I had no idea who half of the women were in the division. I like Allie because she's smoking hot and yes that is the only reason. When did Jade become a fan favorite and what happened to the rest of the Doll House?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> When did Jade become a fan favorite and what happened to the rest of the Doll House?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Haven't watched since February so I can't answer the actual question. But I can certainly understand why they felt it was worth doing. At the beginning of the decade, Mia had a really good feud here playing face opposite a local ought-to-but-never-will-be by the name of Brittany Cole. Yim was even popular enough to do the show identification bumps going in and out of commercial breaks. All of which can be easily found on Youtube for the curious.</p><p> </p><p> As for Cole, she's the type that would have been a good enforcer thug for a cowardly heel had she left the Hampton Roads area to seek her fortune. But sadly family issues have prevented that. Would especially have loved to see the brawl she could have had with ODB in TNA. I have no doubt Brittany would have given as good as she got in that fight.</p>

I just watched the last episode of TNA and I have to say it was not that bad. I am not a fan of the main event scene (Hardy vs. Hardy and Galloway vs. Lashley) but that might be more due to the fact that I have never been a fan of any of them no matter what company they were in. There were a lot of new faces on the roster so I was a little out of the loop when it came to some of what was going on.

I have to say I like Grado. I always have been a fan of the weird or crazy wrestlers I mean heck one of my favorite wrestler's when I was a kid was George "The Animal" Steele. I think Grado sort of fits that mode of a non-traditional wrestler with a comedic aspect to him.

The Knockouts division has been completely done over since the last time I have seriously watched TNA. I had no clue that Maria was now in charge of it (On screen of course) and I had no idea who half of the women were in the division. I like Allie because she's smoking hot and yes that is the only reason. When did Jade become a fan favorite and what happened to the rest of the Doll House?

Jade became a fan favorite once Taryn left, The Dollhouse began to crumple as Maria pit them against each other, Maria wanted someone t face Gail Kim, she chose Jade, Jade beat Gail to become KO champ, then began to defy Maria and gained her face run, where she teams with Gail against Maria's lackeys in Aliysn Kay & Cherry Bomb( Forgot their TNA names, I think it is Sienna and Allie?)

Also Mike Bennett has really come into his own in TNA, unlike ROH where he always played second fiddle to someone or just was there to get heel heat, he actually beat EC3 and has a real place in the main event. Hope I helped so far :)

• 2 weeks later...

<p>TNA has been more solid than I expected with all of the exiting talents. That said, they are lacking the draw for me. When I watch Raw online, I'm usually pausing what I'm doing to actually watch. A lot of times when I'm watching TNA I don't care enough and I'm more or less listening to it while doing other stuff as it doesn't have that hook that pulls me in most of the time. I might actually watch 1-2 segments, where as on raw, it's probably about 50%.</p><p> </p><p>

All of the Hardy bumps irk me of late for several reasons... </p><p>

-I don't care for their storyline and the bumps don't make it better (to me the only successful part is actually Remy, who I couldn't stand initially but has one me over as annoying heel)</p><p>

-They are doing it so often it's cliché to the point I start channel surfing when they set it up.</p><p>

-I have read all of the personal hell these two have gone through from the what they've put their bodies through and feel that the plug should be pulled if they don't tone it down. This isn't what I watch wrestling for, and aside from the one that led to Matt's character change, they have served no purpose as they no longer even really have shock value.</p>

<p>I like the Hardy storyline. Agree that there's no need for all the bumps. They're not kids trying to get over anymore.</p><p> </p><p>

Still, despite the lack of a decent main event scene, it's not a bad alternative at the moment. Especially when NJPW is stuck in a rut and ROH refuses to put over its own stars...</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Why no #TheFinalDeletion talk?</p><p> </p><p>

Fair play to them for trying something totally different. Certainly has got eyes on the brand again. Imagine if WWE came up with this idea (lol), their production team would have knocked it out of the park.</p><p> </p><p>

Concept 10/10</p><p>

Execution 4/10</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwhippy" data-cite="mrwhippy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why no #TheFinalDeletion talk?<p> </p><p> Fair play to them for trying something totally different. Certainly has got eyes on the brand again. Imagine if WWE came up with this idea (lol), their production team would have knocked it out of the park.</p><p> </p><p> Concept 10/10</p><p> Execution 4/10</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Not a fan of it and thought it went on too long. In my view I'd say more like Concept 4/10, execution 7/10 as I thought it was produced well for the most part. There was a lot of overly fake stuff, particularly with the drones. It was one of the lowest parts of the show for me.</p><p> </p><p> Curious if Jeff will be dark now.</p>

Checked out Impact, majorly for the Final Deletion.

Ultimate X was ehhh...decent at best. TNA has some of the worst named wrestlers in the world though. Mandrews? Rockstar Spud?

Eli Drake vs James Storm was fine, but the KOTM title is dumb.

BroMans vs The Decay. Don't really care for the Decay and their Dead Wrestling Society knockoff gimmick.

Marti Belle and Jade wasn't anything special, but I like both of them.

EC3 and Drew are amazing. No need to beat a dead horse here.

The Final Deletion though...I can't tell if I hate it or love it. Either way, it has me interested for next week.

With regards The Final Deletion, imagine if this storyline was just played out like every other wrestling storyline ever. A load of backstage interviews, some interference in matches or whatever, a few wins traded back and forth... In TNA, with where both guys are in their careers, that would be skippable television and completely forgettable in probably less than three months time. So I can completely understand why they've gone the way they have with it. The fact that it's so absurd works overwhelmingly in its favour, there's no boundaries to it and both Matt and Jeff can embrace it wholeheartedly. It's the angle they dreamed up when they were little boys, finally coming to life as the story of their careers comes full circle. And I guess that with where TNA is as a company right now, this would never work as a strike against them. They're already so far gone in terms of people's opinion of them that this entire fiasco would be stupid and "the reason I don't watch TNA" at the very worst.

Suffice to say I enjoyed "the match". It was fun and above all else, I want to enjoy the time I spend watching wrestling. I want to be rewarded and sometimes, for me, wrestling doesn't do that. WWE PPV's have decent matches but not much else to really write home about. There's so much middle of the road stuff out there so I'm glad The Final Deletion happened and gave me something to really enjoy. But I suppose I went into it wanting to enjoy it, and thus, I enjoyed it.

<p>I caught the hardy match and that was one of the strangest things I ever seen......I'm not knocking it because I enjoyed it but I really had to let some gripes go as it had music...overlaying the background but the production of it felt like a film student that was just getting out of college and wanted to put an edgy twist on professional wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

All in all I enjoyed it even thought I was weirded out that Matt Hardy crossbred with Bray Wyatt.</p>

<p>I just watched the Final Deletion on POP On Demand and all I have to say is...what in the holy hell was that crap? </p><p> </p><p>

I heard that it had people buzzing over TNA again so I wanted to see it. I wonder if it got people talking the way the original Sharknado got people talking. Almost in a, this is so bad it is good, sort of way. </p><p> </p><p>

I will say this though, I do laugh every time Matt speaks in that odd voice. Especially when he says "Brother Nero".</p><p> </p><p>

After watching last week's episode I have to say I am starting to not dislike Eli Drake. I actually found myself enjoying his Jim Cramer-esq talk show segment with James Storm.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwhippy" data-cite="mrwhippy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why no #TheFinalDeletion talk?<p> </p><p> Fair play to them for trying something totally different. Certainly has got eyes on the brand again. Imagine if WWE came up with this idea (lol), their production team would have knocked it out of the park.</p><p> </p><p> Concept 10/10</p><p> Execution 4/10</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's talk they are taking some elements of that into the Wyatts/New Day feud.</p><p> </p><p> I will give them credit. Matt/Jeff has been (over)done already, so at least they were creative. From what I've read (haven't seen clips anywhere), it was a good set up for the match - no announcers, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just watched the Final Deletion on POP On Demand and all I have to say is...what in the holy hell was that crap? <p> </p><p> I heard that it had people buzzing over TNA again so I wanted to see it. I wonder if it got people talking the way the original Sharknado got people talking. Almost in a, this is so bad it is good, sort of way. </p><p> </p><p> I will say this though, I do laugh every time Matt speaks in that odd voice. Especially when he says "Brother Nero".</p><p> </p><p> After watching last week's episode I have to say I am starting to not dislike Eli Drake. I actually found myself enjoying his Jim Cramer-esq talk show segment with James Storm.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I loved Sharknado....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just watched the Final Deletion on POP On Demand and all I have to say is...what in the holy hell was that crap? <p> </p><p> I heard that it had people buzzing over TNA again so I wanted to see it. I wonder if it got people talking the way the original Sharknado got people talking. Almost in a, this is so bad it is good, sort of way. </p><p> </p><p> I will say this though, I do laugh every time Matt speaks in that odd voice. Especially when he says "Brother Nero".</p><p> </p><p> After watching last week's episode I have to say I am starting to not dislike Eli Drake. I actually found myself enjoying his Jim Cramer-esq talk show segment with James Storm.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It did boost ratings by almost 100,000 viewers so It worked. I personally loved it but I can see how some people didn't like it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wonder if it got people talking the way the original Sharknado got people talking. Almost in a, this is so bad it is good, sort of way. </div></blockquote><p> I don't watch TNA, but I was under the impression that this was exactly the reaction to the "Brother Nero" storyline all along. That's definitely the vibe I got watching the Botchamania videos.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Broken Matt responding in character to the Wyatt Family Compound segment was hysterical.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was funny, TNA has been a blast to watch as of late. I have more fun watching TNA than I do watching WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That was funny, TNA has been a blast to watch as of late. I have more fun watching TNA than I do watching WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm just looking for them to add to the X-Divison and Knockouts some more, so we get some fresh matches and a platform for more indy workers</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thecoolestjedi12" data-cite="thecoolestjedi12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just looking for them to add to the X-Divison and Knockouts some more, so we get some fresh matches and a platform for more indy workers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree completely TNA could easily rebuild itself with indy talent.</p>